Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How do you deal with telemarketers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Ever since I have had vonage as my telephone provider I have had ZERO telemarketer calls. I love it.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Racecargirl wrote:
vonstella wrote:
www.Register@donotcall.gov

Thanks for the website. You just reminded me to put my husband's business line on the list. Smile

No problem! I think you have to update it every so often but, thet email you to let you know when its time.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
vonstella,

thanks for the website, i'll definitely by sharing it with my friends Smile

i remember all the telemarketers i use to have!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Nowadays I'm polite but end it fast if I get one because I know what a horrid job it is (used to do telephone market research work) and don't want to waste their time. I'm on a do not call as well though so it's pretty rare now.

My father in law tells them he doesn't have any clothes on and asks if they mind talking to him in the nude. Works a dream for him, but the only time I tried it, I was on the phone for ages

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Telemarketers through the phone is not so bad - at least there's always the hang-up function. What I can't stand are those in-person telemarketers! In Singapore they'll taken to setting up a booth outside the train stations where you have to walk past them to get to the bus Sad And these guys don't take no for an answer - even if you ignore them or say no, they'll still follow you all the way and hard-sell to you all the way till you board the bus *grrr*

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
don't say a thing and hang up...
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yesterday my son tried to sell them his car, a bottle of water & sponsorship. Sorry to all those that do the job, or love someone that does the job. It irritates the hell out of me when people phone me willy nilly.It's always at an inconvenient time as well. If I want windows,insurance or charity I will get it for myself.

Guapa rofl

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I usually listen to their blurb and say "Sorry, I'm not interested". I've had one lady thank me for saying that and thank me for letting her finish what she had to say. She said she gets yelled at, hung up on, and sworn at, in the usual course of her day and that she appreciates someone who recognises that she's just doing her job. Ironically, I ended up chatting to her for a while and got a pretty good impression of how stressful that job must be and how strong a person must be not to take stuff like that personally and bring it home with them. I still find the calls annoying, particularly around dinner time, but I try to be nice and not add to their stress. Unless they become really pushy and then all bets are off Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I simply hung up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, simply hang up is my most favorite thing to do now, too. I really don't have time to listen to them doing their job. I need to put my lightstim on my face as I'm trying my darndest to see if this thing really works or not, and apply all these new creams, cook for my kids, do the dishes, do homework with them. Nope! No time to spare. So sorry! And yes, it does take a thicker skin to be a telemarketer, and I can't be one of them. I don't appreciate them taking my time away from my kids even though I've been on the Do-not-call-list for a year now. Does this thing even work? I even get madder if they call my cell phone and use up my minutes.
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
You gotta have some fun with telemarketers like this gentleman. enjoy: http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Telemarketers usually get about 3 words out with me and the second I know they are telemarketers I just say in a polite tone "I'm sorry, I'm not interested" and hang up before they can draw breath and respond. Simple, polite, quick.

That's exactly what I do, I don't want to be rude but as they generally phone during dinner or when company is over I want to be firm and polite.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Adonis wrote:
You gotta have some fun with telemarketers like this gentleman. enjoy: http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

This is great! Thanks for sharing.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger-tim, I can't believe that your dad has had someone tell them "No, you listen to me!" Shock That is crossing the line!

If you don't want telemarketers calling again, just ask them to take you off the contact database and in Australia they're legally obligated to do so and not contact you in the future. You also have the right to ask who gave/sold them your details so you can put forward a complaint to consumer protection.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
LizaA wrote:
Tiger-tim, I can't believe that your dad has had someone tell them "No, you listen to me!" Shock That is crossing the line!

If you don't want telemarketers calling again, just ask them to take you off the contact database and in Australia they're legally obligated to do so and not contact you in the future. You also have the right to ask who gave/sold them your details so you can put forward a complaint to consumer protection.

It's actually mum that has had that 3 times.. I think it is because she tries to stop them from going into their spiel to tell them she is not interested and is on the do not call list.

I will tell them that last bit about asking who gave/sold the info.. I don't think they know that one! Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I disconnected my home fixed line, and went on to VOIP via my computer - no telephone number for them to hassle me now.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I hang up. What's so annoying is they now how have automated messages soliciting. Argh!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Just hang up Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I tell them I'm a little busy, but if they give me their home phone number, I will call them back around dinner time.

If it's a woman, my husband will ask them what they're wearing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have call display and because telemarketers are usually a 1-800 number I just don't answer the phone. I also find it hard to be rude because they're just doing they're job.
LynneW

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I have been a telemarketer, tough job, especially when doing cold calls, I lost count of how many times I was cussed out before noon. To stressful. Since having been on that side, I am as polite to them as I can be, they are just doing there job. You can ask them to remove you from their call list and there is a national do not call list that you can add your name to. I hope this was helpful.
Namaste
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I screen all my calls and most of the time they just hang up. If they manage to reach me, I just say "No thanks" and hang up.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I screen all my calls and most of the time they just hang up. If they manage to reach me, I just say "No thanks" and hang up. When people come to the door, I look out the window and if I don't know them, I don't bother opening it. My friends know to call if they are stopping by.
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Usually I don't answer. But if I do, I just say, "No thanks, I don't have any money"

My bf's tactic is to keep saying hello and act like he can't hear them and hang up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I don't understand all the game-playing and frustration. I simply do as LynneW said: don't take it out on the person doing their job. As soon as they take a pause, I simply say "no, thank you. Please take me off your call list". It's so much easier and pleasant, AND IT WORKS! I tested this once...just said "no thanks", and got phone calls from the same company three days in a row. Third time, I said "take me off your call list", and that was the end of it.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |