Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you deal with telemarketers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well... Now a days, I just say, I'm not interested and hang up... Or I tell them I have a screaming child, and hang up...

But back when I was a recruiter... I'd listen for a minute, and say... "Hey, you're really good at this... and your job sucks! Where do you live? And then I'd give them the phone number to the National recruiting company I worked for and tell them to say that Claudia from xyz office sent them. I'd also tell them they could easily make $2-3/hour more"

I have a feeling management didn't like that (you know how the calls are recorded?)... 'cause people just quit calling... this was WAY before the do not call list...LOL!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm used to be the kind who finds it hard to be rude and will entertain calls like these.

These days I'm learning how to say no and my first question to them will be: "Are you trying to sell something 'cause I'm not interested". Of course they will deny that they are selling something and I just insist: "Whatever it is I'm not interested" and put down the phone without giving them a chance to answer. I see it as saving us unneccesary time and effort.

Nowadays telemarketeers use an automated dialling system and a private number and when you pick up the phone and the telemarketeer is not available, it is just so much more irritating. So much so that I now refuse to answer calls with a private number.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
When I finished my Masters, it took 6 months for me to find a job in my field. During the 6 months, I couldn't find a job doing anything. Everyone kept saying, "you're overqualified." Meanwhile, I had to eat!!! So, I ended up doing a telemarketing job for a a few months. It was hands down, the most miserable job, ever. You know you're bothering people but you have to do it in order to survive. You get cussed out all day long only to get to the end of the day and be gripped out again because you didn't sell enough. Then you get your paycheck and it's barely enough to get by on. I got out as quickly as I could. I try to be polite to the telemarketers but it is SO annoying. I'm on the no call list but still get the calls.

A few years ago, I programed my phone to give one ring for friends and family and another ring for unidentified callers. I NEVER answer unless it's the friends and family ring. That way, I never have to talk to the telemarketers. You have to program each phone number into the phone in order to do that, but it works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Wow - I like the programming a ring idea. wonder if my phone does that?

I feel sorry for telemarketers too - it can't be fun.
I am polite and don't waste their time "No thank you. PLease take me off your list."

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |