Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

mascara for sensitive eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
what is a good mascara for sensitive eyes to give length and separation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Dr. Hauschka?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I second Dr. H. mascara

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've been hearing good things about the Dr. H mascara but because my eyelashes feel out with just about every other brand out there I'm too afraid to try. Instead, I started using the Talika eyelash gel and love the results, and kept my eyelashes to boot!
havana8

Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the Dr Hauschka one based on Mabsy's review somewhere here on EDS. I *really* like it and would buy it again. It is completely non-irritating to my sensitive and overworked eyes and totally separates my lashes for a natural look. I can't say that it does any super lengthening, but it does a good job of thickening and separating them. You just have to remember that it takes longer to dry after application than regular mascaras.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:11 am      Reply with quote
I actually found the Blinc Mascara great for my sensitive eyes just for the fact that I didn't have to rub the area under my eye to remove it, the skin under my eyes is much less of a red colour after using it.

The Dr H mascara is nice aswell, and the ingredients I assume are preferable over the Blinc mascara. I use one Of Talika's eye makeup removers to remove my mascara and it's great for sensitive eys too
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks i might give the dr hauschka a try
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Dr. H mascara and it's great for separating lashes. I didn't get lengthening or volume from it, but I think the ingredients are as gentle to the eyes and you can find in a commercial brand mascara. I am hoping that the new Dr. H volume mascara will do more for my lashes.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
My eyes are frustratingly sensitive, particularly in the winter when the air is very dry, and I've been very happy with Dr. H mascara. As others have said, it doesn't add significant volume, but it is non-irritating and it feels good on my lashes. (They feel silky and supple, not brittle or stiff.)

I've also had good results using Dr. H eye solace as an occasional treatment. It doesn't make my eyes less sensitive, per se, but it is soothing and seems to make it easier to tolerate dry air, pollen, etc.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote here for Dr H. I've always had sensitive eyes and many products caused me irritation from minor itching to dry eczema type rashes. I've been using Dr H mascara for years with great success. I absolutely love it! I highly recommend it and as you can see, many others here at EDS have great things to say as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
My mom has ultra sensitive eyes and she swears by Mary kay mascara; it's the only one she can use.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
i adore the good and cheap japanese brand mascara ~ Kiss Mascara. i have since recommend it to my friend who wear contact lens and have got sensitive eyes.

it was rank top by a popular Japanese beauty magazine as the best volume mascara.
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Dr. H. I have very sensitive eyes and it's all I can use. I contacted the company to find out when the vollume mascara will be out and their response was:

[size=9][size=7]Thank you for your recent inquiry. We will be offering three
new volumizing mascaras in the late summertime! There will be Black,
Green/Gold and Aubergine.

Thanks again for writing,[/size][/size]
[i]
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have dark eyelashes? If you do, what about a clear mascara?

I like Cover Girl Clear mascara and it's very cheap.
lorisu
5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:11 am      Reply with quote
I my Dr H mascara!

I have always had super sensitive eyes but this stuff doens't worry me in the slightest. Plus it looks totally natural and doesn't clump.

I can't say I noticed any significant lash lengthening myself, but my Mum asked the other day whether I had tinted my lashes because they looked really long, so it must make a difference Very Happy
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka's mascara is good for sensitive eyes but it does't add any lenght. It doesn't add much color either.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm a Dr. Hauschka user with sensitive eyes too, and I recently purchased their newish volumizing formulation. I found that version to be much more irritating to my sensitive eyes - I think it's the higher alcohol content, plus it's definitely harder to remove. It was nothing compared to a non-natural brand, but still... stick with the regular formulation if you're very sensitive (I personally like the consistency and overall effect a lot better anyway, though lots of other people are into it).

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use Blinc's Kiss Me mascara. It's very different from regular mascara, in that it forms tubes around your lashes, as opposed to just coating them with color. This makes it completely smudge-proof. You remove it just by getting your eyes really wet and lightly rubbing. It does a great job with color, and a decent enough job with lengthening. Separating - eh. But I've never really experienced a mascara that did that well all the time, without a comb.

I am currently going through the driest, most sensitive eyes you can imagine (due to allergies and medication). I seriously can't open them in the morning without emptying half a bottle of eye drops on top of them to seep in before I try to pry the lids up. Any product that gets within a few inches of my eyes turns them bright red. But my eyes are completely oblivious to this mascara.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |