Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
does anyone have receip for pumpkin pie?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
have craving for pumpkin pie but I can't seem to find any here in Australia that are sold from patisserie or bakery. THanks!
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
www.allrecipes.com has good recipes and they are all reviewed. It helps to read the reviews to see if anybody made any changes to the recipes. I love this site and get lots of recipes from it. I don't have a suggestion for a plain pumpkin pie recipe because I favor pumpkin paradise pie which is half pumpkin half cheesecake... mmm.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Can you get canned pumpkin??? I love the recipe on the Libbys can!
C
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
Can you get canned pumpkin??? I love the recipe on the Libbys can!
C

I agree Chrissie. The Libby's Pumpkin Pie recipe is yummy. It actually gets a 5 star rating. You can view the recipe at: http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=18470
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
This isn't pumpkin pie - no crust on this one. It's sort of a baked pumpkin custard - same as pp filling really. And the topping is soooooo good.

Oh yeah: If you plan on "borrowing" this and making it to sell, I don't care BUT you have to feed ME. Hehe...

Katee's Pumpkin Custard

2 eggs
16 oz can pumpkin puree
1 cup half and half
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

For the topping:
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup brown sugarr
1 1/2 Tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Beat custard ingredients till smooth and pour into baking dish. Put the baking dish into a larger pan of water and bake for 20 minutes. Make the topping.

After you've baked the custard for 20 minutes, just sprinkle the topping ingredients of the top of it and bake an additional 30 - 40 minutes until the custard is set. Allow it to cool a bit, then serve it with fresh whipped cream laced with a little booze. MMMmmmmmm.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Razz Mmmmm... I'm going to devote a weekend to making this pumpkin fiesta! The last time I actually saw and ate pumpkin pie was two years ago!! Guess pumpkin isn't all that big in Australia like it is in the States. I don't know why... Razz mmmm...

Thank you for the suggestions!! Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely adore pumpkin in all forms. I make a killer pumpkin ravioli with walnut cream sauce. I love pumpkin Afghani style (steamed or baked, then sprinkled with brown sugar and run under the broiler and finally topped with a garlic-yogurt sauce). And, even though I'm not a fan of cheesecake, whenever I make pumpkin cheesecake, I can't walk past it without taking a taste (or 2 Very Happy ).

Ok - now I'm starvin'
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I don't like pumpkin pie (the texture is icckky to me, lol) BUT I LOVE to bake and receive multiple requests for my pies, and my pumpkin specifically every Thanksgiving. (2 years ago I had made 10 of them for neighbors & friends Rolling Eyes ).

This is a recipe I had found in a Bon Appetit magazine eons ago - hope you enjoy it like everyone else seems to.... Oh, you can 'cheat' and use the pre-made pie crusts.

Maple Pecan Pumpkin Pie

1 Buttermilk Pie Crust Dough disk (recipe at the bottom)

1 16-ounce can solid pack pumpkin
1 cup whipping cream
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon natural maple flavor
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt

preparation:

Position rack in lowest third of oven and preheat to 400°F. Roll pie crust disk out on lightly floured surface to 13-inch-diameter round (about 1/8 inch thick). Roll up dough on rolling pin and transfer to 9-inch-diameter glass pie plate. Gently press into place. Trim edges of crust, leaving 1/2-inch overhang. Fold excess under. Crimp edges. Freeze until crust is firm, about 15 minutes.
Line pie crust with foil, leaving 3-inch overhang. Fill foil with beans or pie weights. Fold extra foil gently over crust edges. Bake until crust is set, about 15 minutes. Remove foil and beans. Cool pie crust slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.

Whisk all remaining ingredients (except Maple Whipped Cream) to blend in bowl. Pour filling into crust. Bake until filling is set, covering crust edges with foil if browning too quickly, about 55 minutes. Cool completely. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Chill.)

Cut pie into wedges and serve with Maple Whipped Cream.

For Maple Whipped Cream:
1 cup chilled whipping cream
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup

Whip cream with syrup in large chilled metal bowl until soft peaks form.

(**I chill the beaters too)

Buttermilk Pie Crust

2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, diced
1/2 cup chilled solid vegetable shortening
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk

Combine flour, sugar and salt in large bowl. Add butter and shortening. Cut in using hands or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk and stir with fork until moist clumps form. (Dough can also be prepared in processor. Using on/off turns, cut butter and shortening into dry ingredients until coarse meal forms. Add buttermilk and process just until moist clumps form.) Press together to form dough. Divide dough in half. Gather dough into balls; flatten into disks. Wrap separately and chill 1 hour. (Can be prepared ahead. Refrigerate 1 week or freeze 1 month. Let dough stand at room temperature to soften slightly before using.)

Makes enough for 2 crusts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
pumpkin cheesecake? Now you must give me the reciepe for this!!! Me and hubby love all things pumpkin and cheese!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Katee's Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ingredients:
16 ounces cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
5 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream

Crust:
3/4 cup graham crumbs
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
3 Tablespoons melted butter

Whip cream cheese and add sugar and spices. Add eggs one at a time. Add 1/4 cup of heavy cream.

Mix graham crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter together to make the crust. Butter pan, press in crust. Pour mix into pan and bake at 275 degrees for 60 minutes.

For the chocolate lovers among us, a truly decadent variation requires another 1/4 cup of heavy cream and 3 ounces of semi sweet chocolate. Carefully bring this second 1/4 cup of heavy cream to a boil and pour over chocolate to melt. Then swirl chocolate and cream into mix of filling ingredients above. The result is a gorgeous and delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Marble Cheesecake !

Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think I can make the cheesecake without the eggs?
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, thank you for the receipe! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |