Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Replica handbags
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've been looking into buying my first high end handbag. I want something that I can use everyday and is going to last. It seems like Louis Vuitton has great quality bags. From what I understand every brand has some great bags then not so great bags.

I'm more of a black bag person than a brown bag person. The problem is Louis Vuitton has mostly brown bags. I'm hoping maybe they will come out with something in black that I like. Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have a black Gucci leather that i love. I got it from the Gucci outlet, so it was a really good deal.
Prada has some really great black bags as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have a black Gucci leather that i love. I got it from the Gucci outlet, so it was a really good deal.
Prada has some really great black bags as well.

Your lucky you have a Gucci outlet near you! I wish the Chanel outlet wasn't so far away.

From what I understand some of Chanel's handbags have really gone down in quality.

There are some Prada bags I really do enjoy. I guess their going to raise their prices again! Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Prada is pretty pricey as it is!
Maybe LV will open an outlet, that would be good. I am sure they might turn their noses up at that idea.
The Gucci outlet had some really good prices, more than half off some handbags and you couldn't even tell why. The salesperson said mainly because of a color or style that wasn't very popular. They all looked good to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I for one am completely and utterly over the designer bag syndrome. Some years ago I lusted and lusted over a Prada bag and finally had the dosh to buy one - only to then see a zillion copies come on the market in every bargain store.

Do you really want to own something that spawns a million copies? Plus, the whole concept has become really tacky. Designer bag prices are escalating, some starting at around $4,000.00. Please!! This is ridiculous! Spend the money on a great trip to somewhere exotic - somewhere where nobody owns a designer bag.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:10 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Prada is pretty pricey as it is!
Maybe LV will open an outlet, that would be good. I am sure they might turn their noses up at that idea.
The Gucci outlet had some really good prices, more than half off some handbags and you couldn't even tell why. The salesperson said mainly because of a color or style that wasn't very popular. They all looked good to me.

From what it sounds like LV will never open an outlet. I've seen some Gucci bags at Saks discount store. I did like some of the styles but I decided to pass.

Do you own any Coach bags? From what I understand Coach used to be made in the U.S. Now they make their handbags in China.

I do like a lot of styles from Coach. The way I see it though I would rather pay more for a bag that wasn't made in China.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I for one am completely and utterly over the designer bag syndrome. Some years ago I lusted and lusted over a Prada bag and finally had the dosh to buy one - only to then see a zillion copies come on the market in every bargain store.

Do you really want to own something that spawns a million copies? Plus, the whole concept has become really tacky. Designer bag prices are escalating, some starting at around $4,000.00. Please!! This is ridiculous! Spend the money on a great trip to somewhere exotic - somewhere where nobody owns a designer bag.

I guess it depends on your priorities are. Right now I would rather spend the money on a handbag. Though I do understand your point. I have my limit on what I'll spend.

Have a look at this bag. It's 8,100

http://usa.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10202&catalogId=10052&langId=-1&categoryId=141032&leftCategoryId=141029&topCategoryId=127525&parentCategoryId=126538&productId=58415
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I do love Coach bags, I have 3 little pouchettes that I use for special occasions.
The thing is, it is my only luxury. I can buy a dooney and bourke every other year or buy a higher end LV and have it for 8, like I did and it wsa cheaper. I still have and still use that bag and I wore the others out.
I am so not into clothes, I am a jeans, t shirt and flip flop girl, so it evens out for me.
Funny thing is, my DH is the one who made me order my first LV. He said if I didnt pick it out, he would. I know he was going to spend way too much, so I ordered a classic but cheaper bag.
Then several years ago, he surprised me on our 25th with a Gucci bag I had admired but wouldn't ever buy and the matching clutch for my birthday. He said I always buy for others, never for myself and I deserved a treat. Great guy, better hubby.
So I am a reluctant designer bag collector, but I do love them!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I do love Coach bags, I have 3 little pouchettes that I use for special occasions.
The thing is, it is my only luxury. I can buy a dooney and bourke every other year or buy a higher end LV and have it for 8, like I did and it wsa cheaper. I still have and still use that bag and I wore the others out.
I am so not into clothes, I am a jeans, t shirt and flip flop girl, so it evens out for me.
Funny thing is, my DH is the one who made me order my first LV. He said if I didnt pick it out, he would. I know he was going to spend way too much, so I ordered a classic but cheaper bag.
Then several years ago, he surprised me on our 25th with a Gucci bag I had admired but wouldn't ever buy and the matching clutch for my birthday. He said I always buy for others, never for myself and I deserved a treat. Great guy, better hubby.
So I am a reluctant designer bag collector, but I do love them!

That's really sweet of your hubby! Do you ever go to the Coach outlet? I didn't know they had different bags at the outlet then in the stores! Although sometimes they do bring the main line into the outlet.

It's funny you mention clothes. I have no desire to wear high end clothing or shoes. The only shoes I wear our Crocs. I have one pair for the winter and a couple pairs for the spring/summer.

BTW Annie, how is your niece doing?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

My priorities are right there with you on this, plus I am hard on my handbags so I cannot justify the insane prices on designer anything when there are much more important and fun things to blow extra cash on! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:19 am      Reply with quote
It has also been my experience that I tire of my designer bags just as quickly as everything else in my wardrobe - so they're only cherished for a short amount of time which doesn't make them worth the cost.

You have to be very careful of the style you choose because they date very quickly. I mean would you really want a Balenciaga Motor Cycle Bag now? They're so dated and spawned a million copies - I'd be kicking myself if I'd of bought one of those. And yes, I would have loved one when they first came out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
She is so great, thanks for asking. I just saw her a few nights ago and took her to a playoff hockey game, her first. Talk about confusing messages, not nice to hit but yet everyone cheers a fight?
That's right about the styles changing on purses. I only buy VERY classic ones, very timeless.
I am the same way on clothes and shoes though, very classic. Trendy is not in my vocabulary. Now my daughter-in-law does the cute and trendy, but I've never been one for that, even when I was younger. Probably part of growing up in a very conservative small town, ranchers daughter, into horses and animals more than fashion.
Now that I live in the city, I have had to change that a bit, but since I work our of the home (my family calls me the shut-in) I can go days without seeing anyone but my hubby and the mail lady. She lives on a large ranch and commutes in, so we have a lot in common and she doesn't judge!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:31 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
She is so great, thanks for asking. I just saw her a few nights ago and took her to a playoff hockey game, her first. Talk about confusing messages, not nice to hit but yet everyone cheers a fight?
That's right about the styles changing on purses. I only buy VERY classic ones, very timeless.
I am the same way on clothes and shoes though, very classic. Trendy is not in my vocabulary. Now my daughter-in-law does the cute and trendy, but I've never been one for that, even when I was younger. Probably part of growing up in a very conservative small town, ranchers daughter, into horses and animals more than fashion.
Now that I live in the city, I have had to change that a bit, but since I work our of the home (my family calls me the shut-in) I can go days without seeing anyone but my hubby and the mail lady. She lives on a large ranch and commutes in, so we have a lot in common and she doesn't judge!

I'm glad your niece is doing well! I'm not a trendy person either. I really like this Peach Coach bag. I didn't buy it because it's not something you can wear everyday. Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Peach would be scary for me! I only own brown, beige, tan and black. I have been contemplating red, but that's kind of out there for me. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Peach would be scary for me! I only own brown, beige, tan and black. I have been contemplating red, but that's kind of out there for me. Laughing

I think a red handbag would be nice. Do you have one in mind?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
No I don't yet. I hardly ever use one and mainly as a dress up bag so it would probably be more like a clutch. I don't wear red per say, I mainly use it in accents. Since I have rosacea, its not as flattering to my skin as blues, greens or corals even.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:13 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
No I don't yet. I hardly ever use one and mainly as a dress up bag so it would probably be more like a clutch. I don't wear red per say, I mainly use it in accents. Since I have rosacea, its not as flattering to my skin as blues, greens or corals even.

A clutch would be nice! I'm waiting for LV fall line up. Laughing
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've found some nice budget friendly knock offs on these sites:

http://www.shopsueyboutique.com/servlet/StoreFront
http://www.baghaus.com/
jmiefostr

Sun May 23, 2010 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked the site and I must say it did have a good collection of trendy bags, though I will like to have more of a cost friendly bags as of now, may be I'll try that out for the Christmas later this year and place some bulk orders and that would also sound to be much cheaper with some discounts on a huge purchase. BTW, thanks for shedding some light on this collection.
jmiefostr

Sun May 23, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked the site and I must say it did have a good collection of trendy bags, though I will like to have more of a cost friendly bags as of now, may be I'll try that out for the Christmas later this year and place some bulk orders and that would also sound to be much cheaper with some discounts on a huge purchase. BTW, thanks for shedding some light on this collection.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I kind of agree with you.
I am over the branded bag thing.

I recently bought a handmade leather bag from a local craftsperson.

Rowland leather-he is in Ontario, Canada and used to have a store near me (that closed as it was a dead street).

I loooveeee...the bag I bought. There is only1 or 2 of it made as it was a "tast model'.
It is not on their website.
http://www.rowlandleather.com/

I also bought 2 leather bags fromwww.flotoimports.com and people are always stopping me to find out who makes that bag as the label is only inside.
one I have is the Trastevere? duffle in brown-it has nice brass buckles and very nice stiching!
if you are on their mailing list a few times a year they send out 25% off coupons.
My only issue with the bags there si the leather is very sturdy and you bag is quite heavy because of the material.

I also usedd to buy a lot of Rudsak bags and those are kind of designer, butnot known yet.
It is a Montreal,Canadian brand!
Not sure if the US shops even sell them, but their website iswww.rudsak.com
I heard they were supposed to start selling oline,but have not been at their store and forget toask the employees.

I do not think I could carry a dsigner fake bag as my parents friends would go around talking about me badly..and my parents are actually friends with some designers who live in Canada.

If you contact Rowland leather also, I was told you can get a bag made in custom colors if you can wait a few weeks for it.
I am tempted by that...but have so many bags I am on a spending break!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Somehow I can't edit my post...weird!

But this is the bag I have had for 5 years:

http://flotoimports.com/TrastDuffle-luggage.html

I use it for my laptop it gets covered in snow and rain a lot, is thrown under the compartments of a bus, crushed with other lugage many time, also travelsby plane a lot!

Still looks like new.
I do notuse it much lately as I do not carry my laptop.
It is lined in Canvas!
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
I've found some nice budget friendly knock offs on these sites:

http://www.shopsueyboutique.com/servlet/StoreFront
http://www.baghaus.com/

Those are good sites, gretchen. Thank you! Smile
I only have 1 Burberry bag and one D&G, but that's it for me! I prefer to spend more money on cosmetics. I am a complete addict on them and skin care.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I kind of agree with you.
I am over the branded bag thing.

I recently bought a handmade leather bag from a local craftsperson.

Rowland leather-he is in Ontario, Canada and used to have a store near me (that closed as it was a dead street).

I loooveeee...the bag I bought. There is only1 or 2 of it made as it was a "tast model'.
It is not on their website.
http://www.rowlandleather.com/

I also bought 2 leather bags fromwww.flotoimports.com and people are always stopping me to find out who makes that bag as the label is only inside.
one I have is the Trastevere? duffle in brown-it has nice brass buckles and very nice stiching!
if you are on their mailing list a few times a year they send out 25% off coupons.
My only issue with the bags there si the leather is very sturdy and you bag is quite heavy because of the material.

I also usedd to buy a lot of Rudsak bags and those are kind of designer, butnot known yet.
It is a Montreal,Canadian brand!
Not sure if the US shops even sell them, but their website iswww.rudsak.com
I heard they were supposed to start selling oline,but have not been at their store and forget toask the employees.

I do not think I could carry a dsigner fake bag as my parents friends would go around talking about me badly..and my parents are actually friends with some designers who live in Canada.

If you contact Rowland leather also, I was told you can get a bag made in custom colors if you can wait a few weeks for it.
I am tempted by that...but have so many bags I am on a spending break!

Thanks for the links Ottawa Shopper. I like to look at Canadian manufactured bags. I did buy a leather bag at a craft show a couple of years. Well made and unique. The only problem it is too small for everyday. So I am looking for another purse.

I did buy a great purse from Danier leather outlet years ago and wore it for at least four years. I can still use it; just the strap is looking worn. (If I could find a traditional shoe repair person it would be worth fixing.)

I don't feel the need to announce my bag's label but appreciate the detail of fine stitching on the leather work.

I also like to support Canadian businesses when possible.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Lol,
I actually have at least 10 different bags Embarassed
since I like to change them often.
But I have been very good and not bought anything for 2 years almost.

I think with what I spent on different bags, I probably could have had 1 designer one by now (not that I want one, already have YSL shoes and Valentino shoes too...).

But that being said,I have a few cheaper Chinese bags mae of embroidered fabric I really like, those were like $20 at most.

I used to really want a Thai sterling silver bag..but those seem so unpractical.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |