Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Replica handbags
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
I heard a rumor about that years ago. Somehow I don't think they are that fashion conscious. Or maybe I'm wrong? Confused

I heard that Osama wears a black Armani thong. Gotta love a guy sporting designer butt floss, even if he does have a skinny butt.

rofl rofl rofl

(for the record, and to protect my fashion sense, I hate guys in thongs. mah preference is commando... smiling sweetly )
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
salli wrote:
I heard a rumor about that years ago. Somehow I don't think they are that fashion conscious. Or maybe I'm wrong? Confused

I heard that Osama wears a black Armani thong. Gotta love a guy sporting designer butt floss, even if he does have a skinny butt.

rofl rofl rofl

(for the record, and to protect my fashion sense, I hate guys in thongs. mah preference is commando... smiling sweetly )

ImageImage
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
We can only hope Very Happy Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
salli wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

Laughing Laughing Laughing
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, you got my vote!

And you are extremely helpful. As always!

Thanks for the info and a good laugh,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Doba,

I will try to figure out where I did the zipper ( it was a while ago). Also my SIL just gave her bag to do the zipper. If she is happy with the result ( we will know in a week) I will let you know the name and tel. # of the place.

The FENDI I did at the store on 5th Ave, and they did a good job, but it was not cheap. And I had to pay it in full even though I had it only for a few months. You can try to see if any Armani store would take it for repairs.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
salli wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

Haha Laughing Laughing
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
Why not save up and buy the real thing?

Because there are so many replicas here in Thailand (low and high quality ones) that no one would think I'm carrying a real one anyway. I was given 2 authentic Christian Dior bags by my aunt, and when I carried them around no one believed they were real anyway. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:25 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:

Because there are so many replicas here in Thailand (low and high quality ones) that no one would think I'm carrying a real one anyway. I was given 2 authentic Christian Dior bags by my aunt, and when I carried them around no one believed they were real anyway. Crying or Very sad

Oh my friend's mom got soooo pissed. She buys authentic LV bags and one day she was walking through an Asian mall and someone came up to her and asked whether she bought it from XX Store for 60 bucks.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:06 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:

Because there are so many replicas here in Thailand (low and high quality ones) that no one would think I'm carrying a real one anyway.

BUT I WOULD KNOW THAT THE MY ONE IS REAL - AND THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR ME !
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
LIABILITY DISCLAIMER

BTW, for those among us with absolutely no sense of humor, 74.6% of the above post was a joke 8)

And the rest was pure insult !
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:14 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:

Because there are so many replicas here in Thailand (low and high quality ones) that no one would think I'm carrying a real one anyway.

BUT I WOULD KNOW THAT THE MY ONE IS REAL - AND THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR ME !

True. However, whether I carry an authentic name brand hangbag or not doesn't worry or concern me. I'm just as happy carrying my no name $50 handbag as I am carrying my CD one. I guess we all have special items we are willing to spend a fortune on. I've never been big on handbags or fashion items in general. I'm nowhere near being rich and with my little income I'd have to save 10 years to be able to afford a name brand bag myself Very Happy Each to their own I guess.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
I don't get why people get so personal on this thread. After all, it all comes down to personal preference and we're all grown-ups who can make our own decisions here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:03 am      Reply with quote
steffers wrote:
Your best bet is, apart from going to China yourself, and getting a replica for $20

You're joking Steffers. $20 dollars for foreigners - 30-60 RMB after a good haggle and the quality reflects that.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I have a real LV shopper that I have had for a year and love, my 3rd LV. But my LV wallet isn't real, because I change and go thru wallets very fast. I can always tell the difference between a real and fake LV purse, but it is harder on the wallet.
I have a real Prada, but a fake prada nylon cosmetic bag, which doesn't bother me. I bought a real Prada for my son's girlfriend, which she is so proud of because one of her Sorority Sis's sells fake purses on the side. But I know 3 or 4 people who have fake Pradas that look IDENTICAL to mine. Girls are always asking me if my Prada is real. So on that one that brand, it is hard to tell. I don't carry it much.
I've had several real Guccis and they didn't last long on the material.
I am now going to buy my hubby a thong since Osama has one. It will have be a knockoff, but hard to tell the difference unless you are up CLOSE. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
lin23 wrote:
katee wrote:
LIABILITY DISCLAIMER

BTW, for those among us with absolutely no sense of humor, 74.6% of the above post was a joke Cool

And the rest was pure insult !

Remember Lin, if you dont agree you have no sense of humor... Rolling Eyes

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Katee- you always know how to make me laugh, but now I can't get the image of Osama in a GA thong out of my head!

Anyways- I don't really care if my bag is real or not- I would rather spend the $$$ on my skin that is going to last me a liftime than a bag that is in for a season so that is why I would like to ask you the following....

Any of you know a good place in the Vancouver BC area to get a good replica???

You can PM me the location if you don't want to post- and I've already tried the night market in richmond and main!

Thanks
CG
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with Anna and Lin on this one. I'd rather save up and have the genuine article.

I wanted an Anya Hindmarch Ebury for about four years before I finally got one (in a sale), it's a classic bag that I've had for a couple of years and will last many many years. So I waited 4 years, at least I appreciated it when I got it.

I also got another Anya Hindmarch at Christmas and have a couple of (leather) Prada bags and a shoulder bag from Tom Ford's first collection for YSL which I bought in the Milan shop after a tip off from a friend in the fashion industry. I did have a lovely Luis Vuitton bag a black backpack (no logos, I can't stand them on the outside of stuff) but sadly it was stolen. Though I got insurance money for the bag and the contents, I'd bought the bag in Italy for about £400 which is what I'd claimed from the insurance, I couldn't replace it here for less than £750 so I didn't bother in the end. I used to have some Gucci bags but I felt the brand had got a bit 'burnt' and they weren't that well made in comparison so they are long Ebayed/charity shopped.

I did once have a fake bag. My H bought me a 'Prada' one when on business in Hong Kong as a joke. Well one day on holiday, I put my wedding ring in the outer pocket to keep it safe as I was planning on going swimming in the sea later on that day and the pocket had come apart and I lost my wedding ring. So that was a false economy!

I normally go to Florence once a year as I like visiting the museums and the churches and the Prada outlet is also great, it's like a proper shop not a factory shop. A couple of years ago, I got a classic black boucle suit for £150 which had been over £1,000. But I have never seen any bags in the Florentine streets which are anywhere close to the genuine article. In fact I have seen fake badly made bags selling for more in the streets than a genuine bag would cost in the Prada outlet an hour's drive away. That picture is well taken but looking at the products, I haven't exactly changed my opinion!

One thing about the big names is if you ever have any issues, you just take them back and they will fix it, often at no fee.

BUT I am not into the 'bag of the season' and can't understand this thing that's happened in the last few years with the Fendi Spy etc, £1,000 or so for for a few months and it's all about the showing off, personally I find it a bit vulgar. I can (sort of) understand wanting a look but why get a fake name, why not get a no name bag with a similar style.

*ducks for cover*
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I am now going to buy my hubby a thong since Osama has one. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I can't justify spending more than my mortgage payment on a purse, and I would buy a nice knockoff, however I would look very silly carrying a Fendi while wearing sweat pants and Saucony running shoes. That's pretty much my wardrobe!

Anyone feel like taking on a makeover project? Rolling Eyes
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:41 am      Reply with quote
If a bag that is for sale on Ebay comes with an authenticity card showing style number etc., can the bag still be a fake?
trinket
5% products discount

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry If I'm repeating what someone else has already brought up. Also I am reviving a really old thread - I just spotted this and had to reply as it is a topic I have a lot of experience in and knowledge about.

I can't use the word S3x because it has been flagged as a spam word and it wouldn't let me post, so that is why I have typed it like that.

Basically, I used to think replicas were no big deal. Designer bags were not in my price range - I LOVED the design and wanted to have the real thing, but for the sake of being fashionable and still having money in my bank account, I was content with owning a fake.

That was until I started working in law enforcement and studying/investigating counterfeit/replica products. I am actually getting ready to write a thesis on this while I continue to work in a law enforcement role within a federal govt. agency and I have to say, I will NEVER buy a replica handbag or fake anything again.

Firstly, I will discuss the issue of quality. The real thing is better in terms of quality and craftsmanship. Yeah, designer bags are expensive, but the small details that go into the real thing make it worth the money. I will now invest in genuine pieces because I believe I am worth it.

Secondly, and more importantly - when you purchase a replica, have you ever thought about where that money goes, or where that product has come from? Quality aside, think about the ethical issues.

- Would you like to support organised crime and terrorist organisations?
- Would you like to support child labor and forced labor in extremely poor working conditions that do not comply with international norms and laws?
- Would you like to fund people smuggling operations and the illegal movement of women and young girls and boys across borders to work as s3x slaves?

If you answered no to any or all of the above, don't get a replica bag. The above is just a small sample of what happens to the money you hand over for a fake bag.
By purchasing a replica bag, you are supporting organised crime and terrorism. You are saying it is OK to make 6 year olds work in a dirty workshop sewing hundreds of bags a day for no pay. You are saying it is OK for a man to sell bags to pay for a boy who he will then buy and use as a s3x slave.

Think about that before you make your purchase.

If that doesn't move you, then think about how cheap you will look when someone notices the fake bag you have on your arm - and they will notice. Anyone with class can spot a fake a mile away.

There are so many fashionable, non-name brand bags around that are reasonably priced. Why not get one of those instead?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Wow, this is a blast from the past. My son is no longer with the same girl but is now married and I never bought that thong for my hubby! I had forgotten all about it so thanks for reviving this.
Since then, I have bought 4 real Guccis, 3 for me and one for my new DIL. Love, love love them and they are my biggest splurge/treasures. I will look good/stylish homeless on a corner holding them I always say to my poor hubby when about the price. No, in reality, I gripe about the price, he says buy and treat myself because I work hard but do not take a salary so that and botox are my perks!
I would rather have a real, very nice handbag to wear with my inexpensive flip-flops and jeans than anything.
I was always told, whatever you do in life you should always have a nice watch, nice shoes and a nice handbag.
Now my DIL has tried to order replicas from time to time but always ends up on the scam websites, which most of them are. Guess its telling her not to go there/do that, huh?
But it is such a personal choice where to put your money. I look at it as investments because I keep them always and most do stay timeless.
And yes, you can get caught with a fake from Ebay even with its authenticity cards. Had that happen too many times. I buy straight from the authorized stores like Saks and Neimans, then I know for sure.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of fake bags. I wonder what the point is? That said, I'm not a big logo or label fan either.

I have one Marc by Marc Jacobs bag that I love, and one Kooba from years ago, but thats it. I bought them both for less than 300 each on sale.

The Kooba was a victim of wine spillage at a wine festival, and I paid 200 just to get it cleaned! So no more spendy bags for me! Unless someone buys me one Smile

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:35 am      Reply with quote
As a veteran fake bag user i, i do not reccommend them!!!
The only reason i have so many is because they were given to me by various (asian) relatives that sell them!!! They don't wear and tear the same way as real ones and when you sit beside someone with the real one there are always noticeable differences that create more embarrassment than anything. I say get a nice bag if you want a good purse, but don't try to mimic the real thing because there are a lot of girls that are bag obsessed that will continually prod at your bag and ask you questions about it.
People follow my fake lv duffle around like it owes them something. HAHA! I just tell them to "calm down, its fake"
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |