Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) pH Advantage High Potency Effective Vitamin C Serum (51 ml / 1.75 floz) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
The Gentle Anti Ageing Routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls/guys

Ive been reading with interest Molly's thread on Actives re irritating the skin and thought it might be good to start a thread where people could post some more gentle on the skin products that still have an anti ageing effect.

Im thinking of trying this product again

http://www.beta-alistine.co.uk/products.html#product%20-%20ts+look for the product called Line Delete Plus

scroll down for the Line Delete Plus creams

I used the face cream a couple of years ago (rocket science line delete time suspension plus cream) and really liked it. I noticed a firming effect when i used it especially on my neck.And im a bit oily and it didnt clog pores nor did it irritate my skin.
Ive been using the eye cream for 2 yrs and like it...my skin hasnt aged around the eyes since ive been using it, in fact ive noticed the skin around my eyes dosent crease up as much when i smile anymore.

Heres a bit of info on the ingrediant they use
http://www.betaalistine.com.au/FAQs.htm

They are a bit pricey but last ages. Anyways i cant think what else to try so may go back to this again and see what I think
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Shock You can buy this in Aus ( the face cream for $90) yet in the UK its $65 pounds, that $160 australian dollars Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:59 am      Reply with quote
With gentle anti-aging in mind I've bought:

The multi-peptide serum from Professional Solutions mainly for the Matrixyl 3000
http://www.skincarecentral.biz/skincare-anti-aging.html

and a sample of the Neova anti-ox therapy for the gentler, low dose GHK Copper Peptide

I'm looking at Kinetin & Niacinamide, although Niacinamide used alone appears to reduce sebum in combo it seems to increase hydration
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=60912&nfid=crss

I'm also very much returning to my roots; I always found Skinbio's CP creams extremely gentle and they're packed with anti-oxs. Plus if I move back to gentle acid use I'm looking at their new Lacsal cream (again packed with anti-oxs). I moved over to the serums under the influence of the SCB, but I think it wasn't beneficial for my skin type.

I'd be interested to hear of any more too Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:12 am      Reply with quote
They sound really good Molly. I fear that this thread may produce some lemmings Smile But I really want to start treating my skin more gently.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Me and hubby tried beta allistine but we didn't think much of it. He used the hand cream (he has very dray hands from years of sun damage) and I used the serum which is a core product. It was hydrating but I really didn't see much difference it made in my skin. I personally have been abit disappointed with all the peptide products only because I couldn't see any visible brightening or softening of the skin at the very least.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Carolb 69 you will find that you meant 65 sterling not 65dollars
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Molly, why does it say for asians? Does it matter?
I have the lacsal, but I didn't know if I could use it on my face. I have only used it on my chest, once. I haven't used any acids for a week. I feel like I am missing out on something. Ooops, thats a lie. I have used the line eraser and dmae around eyes, but other than that I have been being good, I think.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Lola Moroney wrote:
Carolb 69 you will find that you meant 65 sterling not 65dollars

Oops sorry, thats what i meant.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I use Niacinamide, Carnosine and green tea, Matrixyl 3000 and natural peptides from Skin Actives they are all very gentle and may cause some skin thickening (my under eyes look very good and I'm 51).

I know you all want gentle and nobody under 35 should likely use acids but I truthfully haven't found any improvement in the lines alongside my mouth except from glycolic/lactic acid and retinoids (I use Tazorac).
(and I've tried many, many products over the last 3 years including all natural lines and most mentioned here).
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
he he Rocket science! Yeah Beta alistene was the first 'serious' stuff I used. It was good, but then I'd only really used L'oreal before. I believe it's basically ALA?

Molly, how are you doing on the lacsal. I have a tube (does it spurt for you as well?) but I'm not sure about it Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
he he Rocket science! Yeah Beta alistene was the first 'serious' stuff I used. It was good, but then I'd only really used L'oreal before. I believe it's basically ALA?

Molly, how are you doing on the lacsal. I have a tube (does it spurt for you as well?) but I'm not sure about it Confused

I think it uses milk protein or something.

I noticed the eye cream has matrixyl in it. Is that the same as matrixyl 3000 people here talk about? Anyone know?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Molly, how are you doing on the lacsal. I have a tube (does it spurt for you as well?)

I don't have any, but I did really like Skinbio's previous glycolic product which was discontinued years ago. I just imagined because Dr P doesn't much care for acids that this one would be extremely gentle. Probably too gentle for the likes of us mature users in fact Cool

carolb69 wrote:
I noticed the eye cream has matrixyl in it. Is that the same as matrixyl 3000 people here talk about? Anyone know?

Carol - It's only the brand name that's the same with the two Matrixyl's; they're different peptides and Matrixyl 3000 is a combo of two.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Hi girls/guys

Ive been reading with interest Molly's thread on Actives re irritating the skin and thought it might be good to start a thread where people could post some more gentle on the skin products that still have an anti ageing effect.

Im thinking of trying this product again

http://www.beta-alistine.co.uk/products.html#product%20-%20ts+look for the product called Line Delete Plus

scroll down for the Line Delete Plus creams

I used the face cream a couple of years ago (rocket science line delete time suspension plus cream) and really liked it. I noticed a firming effect when i used it especially on my neck.And im a bit oily and it didnt clog pores nor did it irritate my skin.
Ive been using the eye cream for 2 yrs and like it...my skin hasnt aged around the eyes since ive been using it, in fact ive noticed the skin around my eyes dosent crease up as much when i smile anymore.

Heres a bit of info on the ingrediant they use
http://www.betaalistine.com.au/FAQs.htm

They are a bit pricey but last ages. Anyways i cant think what else to try so may go back to this again and see what I think
Very Happy

Can this be purchased in the US? Can't seem to find it using google.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Not sure sorry, its available in the UK and Aus but im not sure about the States.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml)