Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven
Review: bad experience with benefit bad gal mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I bought this mascara in the best of benefit kit, and I really expected it was the best mascara. I tried it for the first time yesterday. At first, it was good, and my lash did look curly and longer. Then I went out for a party. After two hours when I used the bathroom I was frightened by myself in the mirror. My eyes were surrounded by dark circle, the color on my lash faded and spreaded to eyelid. I looked like a panda, and I will definitely not use it any longer!
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I bought this about a year ago and was very disappointed. I used it once and never again. If I remember correctly I think it was like 20.00.

Benefit Bad Gal Mascara=Gimmick Product!
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
OMG ...Thanks for letting us know. I was planing a trip a the Benefit conter next week and I really want to have a closer look a this product...now I know that I wont !Thank you, you save me 20 $ on crap !

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I also tried this mascara a couple of years ago and was not impressed at all. I didn't feel it lived up to the hype at all!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I HAAAAATTTTTTEEEEE Benefit cosmetics.
But I

ABSOLUTELY LOVE AND THINK NO GIRL SHOULD BE WITHOUT

Dandelion blush.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree about this mascara. I also got it in the Best of Benefit kit. First of all ... the tube is HUGE (which wouldn't be such a bad thing, but .. the brush is HUGE and I found it very hard to use!) Secondly, it smeared so bad!! I only used it once then in the garbage it went. I'm glad I loved the other things in that kit so it wasn't a total waste.

BTW ... also agree about Dandelion blush ... awesome!! And I love Benetint too. I also like their Eye Bright pencil.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
the brush is HUGE and I found it very hard to use!

It is huge, and I remember it not being very soft....it was like putting it on with a toothbrush!

I bought this at Sephora and then tried the YSL Faux Cils at Neiman's. I got that and went right back to Sephora and returned the Bad Gal.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:03 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I

ABSOLUTELY [color=red][b]LOVE
AND THINK NO GIRL SHOULD BE WITHOUT

Dandelion blush.

--avalange

I <3 Dandelion blush!!! I wish it didn't have shimmer in it though but it is the perfect shade of blush I've ever found.

Have you guys tried their georgia peach? I'm thinking of trying it out.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear you encountered the raccoon eyes problem. I dislike Benefit's products also. Blinc KissMe Mascara is the best waterproof/smudge free mascara I've ever tried.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
my sister loves that stuff and has used it for about 2 years. I tried it and HATED it. The brush was too big to get all my lashes without getting it on my nose. And it flaked really bad.

Thanks for posting...I forgot all about this product.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
So glad that you posted the rants about this mascara. I read something online a few weeks ago by a cosmetics review person (I cannot remember the site off-hand, but if I do, I will post back with the link) and she raved about the Benefit Bad Gal mascara being fabulous for thickening lashes if you already had long lashes, so I was going to check it out. Not now. Wink
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
blaziamm wrote:
I looked like a panda, and I will definitely not use it any longer!

I almost died laughing when reading your description of what you looked like! Laughing Laughing
I will definatley not buy this product- thanks for your review!
CG
jfournier
5% products discount

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same experience with this mascara (and many other brands as well) I have been using the Blinc Kiss Me mascara since around the 1st of the year and have had no problems!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I HATED this mascara! it was overpriced, it didn't build much volume, and it flaked. I returned it to Sephora.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I found it to be a very very average mascara, the only advantage is that it's dries a very deep black (great for people with light lashes who want dramatically black lashes).

But since i got black lashes, this went straight into the bin. Sad
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I was in my local SDM today and saw the bad gal mascara. I was going to buy the dior show, but the SA told me that the bad gal was similar, but less clumpy and cheaper. For some reason in the back of my head I kept thinking- no, I shouldn't buy the bad gal cuz for some reason I'm getting an image of a Panda in my head.

I bought the dior show instead and came home to see if there was something on EDS that made me think of the Panda- and here it is!
Laughing

blaziamm wrote:
I looked like a panda, and I will definitely not use it any longer!
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear your experience Neutral
System
Automatic Message
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz)