Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Hi.. I'm a new member not sure how this is suppose to....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CleanserFaN

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi.. I'm a new member not sure how this is suppose to work so here goes.. I've just stumbled on this site read up on some threads and found it to be very helpful so i signed up.. And in a couple of threads i found some are using Acnease which is what i am currently using to treat my acne which is working excellent!!! But it seems like when i use my cleaser"Cauadlie" I get breakouts again stop for a couple of days and wash my face with plain water and it goes away .. I mean it's great and all that just washing it with water will keep my face clear with the help of the pills but on days when i wear make-up i'll have to use a cleanser so on that note would anyone be able to recommend a great cleanser that would not be harsh on my skin and will remove my make-up ...
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend PSF Green Tea Facial Cleanser. It is really gentle and suitable for sensitive skin. It also rinses very clean. Do a search you probably can find some past reviews. I hope this helps. Welcome by the way wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of splurging!!! Laughing

I would highly recommend Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash. It's actually a misnomer, because it doesn't really foam (unless you use ALOT) but it works miracles! It takes my makeup off really well with only one quick wash (and trust me, I wear alot of makeup!) It is very very gentle, and actually has helped clear my skin a little, instead of making it break out. It's a little on the expensive side, $18, but you get 8oz, so it last for at least 2-3 months!

Once again, welcome! wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
mper1327 wrote:
Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of splurging!!! Laughing

so true mper1327! my bank account is goind red! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to EDS CleanserFaN! I second the PSF Green Tea Facial Cleanser! I'm in love with it! Very Happy
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
i like La Prairie's foaming cleanser. although it can remove makeup/sunscreen on it's own, i prefer to double cleanse with either a milk cleanser or an oil cleanser.

milk cleanser recommendation - sisley/phytomer/darphin (in this order)

oil cleanser - depends on your skin. the raves are for shu urema, ipsa, fancl, dhc, KP and babor. ( there may be more but i keep reading about these brands) i've tried all of the above except for babor and they did not aggravate my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Welcome CleanserFaN wave

I really like Geografx cleansers. I use Azulene and Tea tree. My skin is oily with few breackout.If you want to get someting from EDS youka cleansing gel is great.Have fun chating with us !

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi CleanserFaN and welcome!

I would certainly try to pinpoint what ingredient in your cleanser is interacting with the Acnease to cause your breakouts. I am not sure what Caudalie cleanser you're using and I don't have much experience with the Caudalie line so I can't tell you exactly.

To remove makeup, the only thing I use is a cleansing oil (I use Garden of Wisdom's and DHC). Of course, my skin reacts well to these. If your skin is more sensitive you can also try using a carrier oil and use the traditional oil cleansing method followed by another cleanser to remove residue.

HTH, Kristen

CleanserFaN wrote:
Hi.. I'm a new member not sure how this is suppose to work so here goes.. I've just stumbled on this site read up on some threads and found it to be very helpful so i signed up.. And in a couple of threads i found some are using Acnease which is what i am currently using to treat my acne which is working excellent!!! But it seems like when i use my cleaser"Cauadlie" I get breakouts again stop for a couple of days and wash my face with plain water and it goes away .. I mean it's great and all that just washing it with water will keep my face clear with the help of the pills but on days when i wear make-up i'll have to use a cleanser so on that note would anyone be able to recommend a great cleanser that would not be harsh on my skin and will remove my make-up ...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
CleanserFaN wrote:

Hi cleanserfan and welcome!Smile

If washing your face in water doesn't break you out, why use anything else? I use water and an old microdermabrasion cloth to clean my face AM and PM and I sometimes trowel the slap on! If I have a lot of grease based makeup on like kohl liner or real lipstick (as opposed to lipfinity), then I use a bit of olive oil. If you are oily then jojoba is good as well. And yes, I know. You have acne. doesn't mean you can't use oils! In fact if you search for OCM (oil cleansing method) or scan hte thread in hte library, you will find a lot of people with acne love it. And it's a lot cheaper than some cleansers!

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
This is great input i will definately do some more research on the ingredients and check out the cleanser recommendations.. As for the Caudalie cleanser i was using.. it was the self foaming cleanser .. And i have Combination /sensitive skin.. dry cheeks oily t-zone with some acne on my forehead which is slowly going away thanks to acnease and i use to get cyst but now there completely gone after taking the pills .. but now during this time my face is really dry around my cheeks a little on the bottom of my nose .. maybe it's cause i'm getting older.. i don't know but it seems my skin's getting drier now n' days .. So if ya'all know of any great mosturizers please do tell Very Happy

But for rite now i'll list what i'm currently using so ya'all can have a better idea...

AM-PM : currently washes face with water

AM-Aveda Tourmaline charge oil free spf15 moisturizer

PM-Aveda hydrating moisturizer

origins Never A Dull Moment : ok.. leaves my skin a little red still looking for my hg ..

Skincare I've used in the past that either irritated my skin or clogged my pores..

Laura mericer oil free gel cleanser
Laura mercier oil free spf moisturzier
Aveeno face wash
Aveeno spf 30 moisturizer
Elizabeth Grady
oil free was
lemon hydrating...
scrub
leaf and rusher whole line
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome CleanserFan! I would try the Bioelements Decongestant Cleanser. I was constantly having break-outs, and this product REALLY helped my skin reach a turning point. I have been using it since October, sometimes w/a facial brush, sometimes with a microfiber washcloth, and have a seen a HUGE improvement. It seems pretty gentle, but gets off all the make-up. Good luck! HTH
Carzie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I like using Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser. It is gentle and can remove makeup.
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Im using Dermalogica Special cleansing gel which i love, its great and doesnt irritate my slightly reactive skin though may be too dryin for some (im normal/combo), it does take make up off aswell but i always use the precleanse before which is an oil and is really gentle and gets rid of all my makeup before using my cleanser.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |