Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

If you wear Birkenstock shoes...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there is nothing wrong with Uggs. They turn beautiful once they hit your feet. I have two pairs. I heart them.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Just to alarm you further. I'm thinking of buying some of those MBT sandals for this summer.

Have you seen them??? Embarassed
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Just to alarm you further. I'm thinking of buying some of those MBT sandals for this summer.

lol They must feel like sex for your feet to look like that and people still wear them.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
majorb wrote:

They are the second most painful shoes I've ever worn! Mad Crying or Very sad I hate the damn things!

How do people find them so comfortable? Or am I just weird?

Will stick to my Havaianas, Converse and killer peeptoes from now on.

Where do you find them painful? Where the toe bit is? I thought they were painful to start with, I actually got a hammer and hit down that raised bit on the front of the footbed and then got use to them, after a while they take on the shape of your feet and now I live in them all Summer, so comfy.

The strap really cuts into my foot, and the footbed feels so hard. I really just can't get the hang of them at all.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
sarahb wrote:
majorb wrote:

They are the second most painful shoes I've ever worn! Mad Crying or Very sad I hate the damn things!

How do people find them so comfortable? Or am I just weird?

Will stick to my Havaianas, Converse and killer peeptoes from now on.

Where do you find them painful? Where the toe bit is? I thought they were painful to start with, I actually got a hammer and hit down that raised bit on the front of the footbed and then got use to them, after a while they take on the shape of your feet and now I live in them all Summer, so comfy.

The strap really cuts into my foot, and the footbed feels so hard. I really just can't get the hang of them at all.

They do loosen up and mould to your feet eventually, but you have to get through the painful stage first. Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
world~of~mirth wrote:
catski wrote:

lol They must feel like sex for your feet to look like that and people still wear them.

No, they don't. At least not any sex that I've ever had (well, maybe that one time..., but I digress). Anyway, anyone whose sexual adventures feel like wearing MBTs should receive lots of pity and a self-help manual.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
They do loosen up and mould to your feet eventually, but you have to get through the painful stage first. Smile

Oooh no. I think I'd rather gouge my eyes out with hot pointy sticks. Seriously, they are that painful to wear.

You can trust me on this. I'm the kind of person who's willing to wear shoes that make my toenails drop off just because they look pretty.
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
world~of~mirth wrote:
catski wrote:

No, they don't. At least not any sex that I've ever had (well, maybe that one time..., but I digress). Anyway, anyone whose sexual adventures feel like wearing MBTs should receive lots of pity and a self-help manual.

lol
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:

You can trust me on this. I'm the kind of person who's willing to wear shoes that make my toenails drop off just because they look pretty.

Same here! Laughing

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know the name of the style but it's the plain jane 2 strap sandal. I think I may have to replace it this year. They cost a fair bit but last forever, unlike most knock-offs sold at dept stores.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I bought my Birkie's many many years ago. The one pair that I still love, is no longer made. The inside is like a bed of nails, hard bumps all over the inside, a major massage. Very hard, no give. They used to feel so good on my feet after a long run. I still like them once in a while.

The other pair I had, were pretty much the tan suede common Birkie. haha, sounds like we're discussing a genus of bird or something. The common Birkie. Anyway, cute story. I was much younger, way back when. I had a VW bug. The shoes were behind my driver seat, in winter. I had the heater on. When I got to my destination, the leather part of the shoe was fine, but, the rubber sole part had perfectly shrunk to about 4 inches. It was a perfect teeny version of its' former self. It looked like a key chain. It was hilarious.

Let's see. I refused to wear crocs, how oddly hideous. Why would I want my perfect feet to look so huge? Then, a friend told me she used to wear "THE ORIGINAL" shoes that crocs copied. And they are way comfy, way cheap. They're called Allhearts, have been around for at least 30 years, cuz she started wearing them in nursing school. So, I bought a pair. I don't want to be trendy, ever, but love an original. Then, amazingly, I bought 2 pair for my husband, and, even more amazingly, he loves them. I'm wearing mine right now. I am stylish: pine green polarfleece robe and khaki Allhearts. Very Happy

Uggs. Have a leather pair and the standard suede. They are warm and comfy. I'm just practical now.

Have Keen sandals and Chacos. Practical sport sandals. Not pretty. Cool
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
Uggs. Have a leather pair and the standard suede. They are warm and comfy. I'm just practical now.

Have Keen sandals and Chacos. Practical sport sandals. Not pretty. Cool

I got arthritis in my foot and became practical overnight. Doubt
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
cedar, I've never heard of Allhearts before. I am going to check into them! I used to wear Anywear clogs and I thought those were great, but they are heavier on the foot than Crocs.

All I know is that my high arch Bostons arrived yesterday! And despite the Boston style which I didn't love, and the taupe suede (only color made for these Boston high arch shoes) I didn't love, I put them on my feet and now I them!
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:35 am      Reply with quote
i love my birkis! bought my very first pair in early 2005. its in Madrid. i love madrid, its the only style that looks nice on my feet.

the sole have now become very very dark and kinda of ugly whenever so much so that i feel embarrass whenever i need to take them off.

is there any tips or products of which i can use to clean the sole?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Rufus -- I think the style you are describing is the Arizona?

rainbow_listic -- somewhere there was a thread (I think here on EDS; I will look for it and post back later if I find it) about using baking soda to gently rub on the suede footbed to lighten up the discoloration (which is perfectly normal!).
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:10 am      Reply with quote
marci65 ~ thanks babe! sorry, i didnt scroll thru' all the post. shall try the method mention this weekend! hopefully it can really help to lighten the shade.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I wear the orginal Birk sandals.I have bad feet and I can shop all day. Very Happy I also wear crocs,not stylish,but oh so comfortable.I'm a nurse and wears crocs to work.It's helped with back pain.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I love brown!
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Under torture I would admit to having a pair of green gardening birks. My husband has worn them (interesting black ones, also for gardening) but he also has a pair of white Prada go-go boots! He is one cool guy.

My ex wore them in that "I'm a hippie ain't I cool" way. Perhaps that is why I get a bit crazed when I see them on other people.

And a confession; I had an original pair of Earth Shoes from their store in New York. Oh my!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
marci65 ~ the baking soda tips really work! i cant say it helps to clean totally but it definitely helps to lighten the foot print on the sole. lol.. shall try it on my 2 other pairs of madrid next weekend. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I like the white shoes, but it's easy to be dirty!
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
i have got another problem here. that is my left and right leg tends to "kick" at each other while walking and as a result there are some marks or scratches on the inner left and right of the birks.

is there any way of which i can lighten the marks? really feel heartache whenever i saw the marks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I love Birkies. I have 11 pairs Shock . I love the clogs and the madrids.

I bought mine from footshopping.com - they have the best range ever.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
to be frank, i wear the betula sandals. It is not good as it will make my feet sore.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Birkenstocks are so popular in Boulder (30 miles north of me) I don't think you're allowed to live there unless you own a pair!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |