Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Adding CoQ10 to your Moisturizer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I heard CoQ10 was really good for the skin topically. What is the best kind to get though and how do you mix it? I've seen it on Lotioncrafter.com really cheap but it doesn't say if it is the synthetic kind or not. Yet since the Vit. E they use with it is synthetic and it is so cheap, I assume it must be. I heard the natural kind is the best and most effective, but do I just buy a supplement pill even with all the fillers in them and mix it with my moisturizer? How much would you use?
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think Bulk Actives has the cheapest supply of the raw ingredient: http://www.bulkactives.com/coq10.htm

It is very very strongly orange-coloured, and it dissolves easily in oil or a cream only. Don't try it with water-based serums. You only need 0.5% of it in your cream, i.e. 0.5g for every 100g of cream/lotion. If you don't have a digital scale to achieve this kind of precision, then between 2 to 3 pinches of the powder into a 2oz of 50g jar of cream may just get you there.

It should turn your cream orange. For a simple treatise on the benefits of CoQ10 in skincare, you can read this: http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/coq10.html

The analog (synthetic form) of CoQ10 is generally regarded to be idebenone. There have been reports that is is allergenic for a number of people. I have personally never tried this, and much prefer to stick to CoQ10.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Orjene Organic CoQ10 night treatment from Vitacost, and then I added CoQ10 I bought fromwww.skinactives.com, as well as GABA, Ester C and Melatonin. I just love what the new night treatment does for my skin now. My face looks much better, and I think with continued use, it can only get better.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. I'm interested in a lot of the products on skinactives.com but they never say on a lot of them if they are a powder or a liquid tincture or in an oil or what they are mixed with or if they're in a base of anything etc. Like they have Amla, and I already take Amla supplements which is a powder. If it is a liquid it would probably mix better, but if it is just a powder I might as well just use what I already have if I do that.

This is a great article on CoQ10 and it's benefits and for skin etc. http://www.lef.org/LEFCMS/aspx/PrintVersionMagic.aspx?CmsID=114164

Here is a brief part of it in regards to natural and synthetic CoQ10 (not the Idebenone stuff).

"CoQ10’s benefits for skin health were broadly confirmed in a study at the University of Scranton in Pennsylvania, where scientists found that daily treatment with a topical CoQ10 lotion provided antioxidant protection to the skin of both young and middle-aged study subjects.

The natural, yeast-derived form of CoQ10 used in the study was also much better absorbed than synthetic formulations. The researchers stated that daily topical application of antioxidants such as CoQ10 may form the basis of a lifelong strategy to protect the skin against the effects of oxidative stress."

"In 1978, Dr. Peter Mitchell was awarded a Nobel Prize for his research on CoQ10’s role in mitochondrial energy transduction. That same year, Kaneka Corporation began producing an exclusive, yeast-fermented CoQ10 that is chemically identical to the CoQ10 produced in the body.23 Scientists believe that this bioidentical form may be much more readily assimilated into the body’s tissues than are synthetic formulations.23

Until just three years ago, CoQ10 was subject to pharmaceutical regulation in Japan, where it was approved as a prescription drug for the treatment of congestive heart failure.1 CoQ10’s classification as a “drug” spurred Kaneka and its Japanese competitors to work vigorously to perfect its applicability and market it widely in that country. Only Kaneka, however, has formulated and patented the yeast-fermentation process that produces a CoQ10 that is identical to the body’s own."

Looks like I need to find the Kaneka kind, but how to find one without a bunch of other fillers and stuff in it? Hmmm.....
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
"Pure" CoQ10 will ALWAYS be in powder form. If it is liquid, it will be CoQ10 that has been dissolved in a carrier oil, and therefore, diluted.

You can easily dissolve CoQ10 powder yourself in carrier oil in a few minutes, but if this sounds too hard, then just stick to buying a commercial product with CoQ10 in it.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I bought Orjene Organic CoQ10 night treatment from Vitacost, and then I added CoQ10 I bought fromwww.skinactives.com, as well as GABA, Ester C and Melatonin. I just love what the new night treatment does for my skin now. My face looks much better, and I think with continued use, it can only get better.

BKKGirl, I was reading up about coQ10 and came across this -- how is it going with that cream you mixed up?
still good?
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 am      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
"Pure" CoQ10 will ALWAYS be in powder form. If it is liquid, it will be CoQ10 that has been dissolved in a carrier oil, and therefore, diluted.

You can easily dissolve CoQ10 powder yourself in carrier oil in a few minutes, but if this sounds too hard, then just stick to buying a commercial product with CoQ10 in it.

so it is possible to dissolves coq10 powder in oils? do i dissolve when the oils are hot or has cooled?

thanks
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Salome_B wrote:
nyonyakay wrote:

so it is possible to dissolves coq10 powder in oils? do i dissolve when the oils are hot or has cooled?

thanks

in cold oil, heat would damage Q10
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |