Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Help with forum addy ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all

Been having problems with pc the last few months and lost everything including all my favs Sad

I'm trying to find one where the owner is a chemist/scientist or something and she is really helpful and posts recipes for creams/lotions /serums and such.

I believe she ended up writing a how to do book on making things yourself.

I can't remember the name of the forum and tried every guess via google and no luck.

I hope someone here knows what site i'm talking about.

Thanks so much Smile

Blue
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried the DIY section?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&highlight=diy

Hth!
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Thanks but I'm not looking for a DIY .I'm the one who suggested that thread for the DIY recipes back then..LOL

I need to contact the owner of the site .I have bought items from her and lost her email addy and forum she owns.

Thanks anyway Smile

Anyone else?

Blue
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Is it the Biochemistry of Beauty?
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the reply .

I'm not sure if that's it as I can't find that forum .Do u have a link ?

Thanks Smile

Blue
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:

I been searching like crazy to see if that's it but nothing but ------------ comes up for that name Shock

Here's what comes up

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=biochemistryofbeauty.com&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-446&meta=0

Blue
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
WOW...I still can't find the forum Sad

But I found the book she wrote and I know it's her cause I remember the name .

Here's the book but does anyone know the site addy ? Maybe her name ( Carol Demas )will ring a bell,

http://www.cafepress.com/biochem.30393410

I need to buy this book anyway but would love to find her forum .

Thanks Smile

Blue
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Ok I'm a idiot. THE address to her site is on her book page.

But it doesn't work.

Can someone try it for me to see if it works ...Thanks so much Smile

http://www.biochemistryofbeauty.com/phpBB/index.php

Blue

by Carol Demas
Genre: Beauty
Paperback: 69 pages
Description: This book provides the basics for making homemade topical cosmetic treatments including antioxidant serums, cleansers, moisturizers, after-sun treatment, and more.

Synopsis:

Information provided includes fundamentals on making cosmetic treatments such as choice and type of emollients, humectants, emulsifiers, thickeners, preservatives, and active ingredients. There is a related forum with over 880 members at http://www.biochemistryofbeauty.com/phpBB/index.php
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bluerain,

I believe that Carol has gone back to school and didn't have time for the forum. Unfortunately the Biochemistry of Beauty site no longer exists.

On another board they were complaining because they had hoped that at least the archive information would be there.

Have you tried the WayBack Machine?

http://www.archive.org/index.php

That's the Internet Archive ... and if you put in the URL of the [any] site, it will bring up the pages that it has archived. Very handy in cases like this.

You won't be able to post ... but you can read I should imagine. I checked and the WayBack Machine has several versions of the site listed.

Good luck

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
Hi Bluerain,

I believe that Carol has gone back to school and didn't have time for the forum. Unfortunately the Biochemistry of Beauty site no longer exists.

On another board they were complaining because they had hoped that at least the archive information would be there.

That's the Internet Archive ... and if you put in the URL of the [any] site, it will bring up the pages that it has archived. Very handy in cases like this.

You won't be able to post ... but you can read I should imagine. I checked and the WayBack Machine has several versions of the site listed.

Good luck

Mary

Mary, thank you for this! I had no idea this archive existed.

Ari

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mary

WOW Sorry to hear it no longer exist Sad Well she's back in school and that's good for her tho.

THANKS for the Internet Archive site ..way kool as I never knew that existed.I will check it n see what 's left.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply Very Happy

Blue

hpjrt wrote:
Hi Bluerain,

Good luck

Mary
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Dude!!!

Thanks for opening my eyes up to the Wayback Machine!

Too Cool! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
The links on this one works: http://web.archive.org/web/20050308050010/www.biochemistryofbeauty.com/

However all links on the forum are broken : http://web.archive.org/web/20050308062649/www.biochemistryofbeauty.com/phpBB/index.php

Sad
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
If you are looking for DIY help, you can visit the Skin Interactives board. They are really nice there.

http://skininteractive.proboards28.com/
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |