Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Need to share...sad
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
My baby, Larry the cat, is sick. He's 19 yrs old, the vet just called & wants me to bring him in now to, well you know. I don't think I can do it. I know I can wait till tomorrow when DH can take him. I feel awful & I know it's best for Larry. Anyone got anything to make this easier, cause right now, I dunno if I can take him in.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I am sorry your baby is sick. There is nothing to make it easier. When we had to put our oldest yorkie kenji down the only thing that made it easier was knowing it was the right thing for him. It is a lot easier to hang on and be selfish when it is time than it is to do the right thing for the animal and let them go. Just know he wont be suffering anymore.

Big hugs.

Sherri
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Debbie, I am so sorry for you. I too am a cat lover and "mom" to two of them. I understand the heartbreak. My thoughts are with you and Larry.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Debbie - I'm so sorry you're going through this -- I've been thru it myself and it was so hard!

The only thing that really made me feel better was confirmation that my kitty wasn't suffering anymore. He was so sick and just not happy. As corny as it sounds, I just kept thinking about him in Kitty Heaven, healthy, running and playing with the other cats, and that made me at least smile.

Hang in there!
Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Oh debbied, this is so awful and I wish I could offer advice to make it easier, but I can't. I've gone through it too 4 times now (and just a year ago last Feb.26) and my heart is still broken Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

My deepest sympathy to you, your husband and poor Larry. I'm so sorry.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
There are no words to take away the pain you're feeling Debbied Crying or Very sad Having had to do it myself in the past, I can completely sympathize.
Best of luck.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
My dog Yndia had to put down this year. I had her for 10 years and she was my very best friend. I was the one that took her to the vet to be put to sleep and it was so most painful thing ever. If you can avoid being there I would. It's still hard for me, I feel so guilty and I sometimes still cry for her. Crying or Very sad I'll keep you and your cat in my thoughts.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I am so so so sorry Debbied,
I don't think I can bring myself to do it. I think its the best you wait for someone else to take it. You can use the time to be with it Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
All I can do is offer my sympathies. I have three cats and I dread the day I may have to do the same thing. I know it won't be easy and will break my heart. Try to think about the 19 years of an amazing life you have given Larry and that by being there by his side, you are there helping him cross over to the next stage where his pain will be gone. I think I would wait to go with DH though ... it would be something very hard to do alone and you should have somethere there so you can support eachother. My thoughts are with you. Pray
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Debbied, I've been through it 4 times in the past myself and it's never easy. I'll tell you what makes me get through it. I think of all the wonderful years that I shared with that particular cat. I think of all the good times that we had together. I think of how they played, and how they purred, and how they loved you as a friend. Knowing that you gave them the best life that you possibly could will get you through it. It will actually make you feel much better than you think. You will realize that you've done something good for another living thing on this planet. Nothing lasts forever, you have to let them go sometime....but, while they are with you, give them the most love you can as often as you can.

I may have to go through it again soon too. My oldest male cat "Junior" has all of a sudden started having siezures out of nowhere for what appears to be no reason. He's 16 this year, and has been the coolest cat I've owned so far. He hangs in the garage with me while I build cars and bikes and I swear if he could hold a wrench he would work on them too! He even lays on my chest when I roll under the car to work underneath, and he "watches" what I'm doing like a supervisor. These siezures break my heart....and the vet can't explain it either. It's like he becomes "scared to death" for some reason and flips out, running into walls, drooling and twitching, and he doesn't recognize me till he "snaps out of it" and then he is OK again.

My thoughts are with you, and give your cats all the love you can right up till you must let them go....

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Ohhhh no. I've been through it and I honestly don't think I've ever had to do anything more difficult.

Both times, I insisted on being there and held my dogs and kissed them and whispered to them the whole time. And I made sure that I didn't cry until they were gone. It was very difficult, but I was their "mommy" and in both cases, whenever they were sick or hurt they would come to me for comfort. I wanted to them to feel secure and I also wanted them to leave this world knowing that they were loved as much as it's possible to be loved.

Do whatever you think you can handle. You'll miss him for sure, but after a while what will remain are all the happy memories...
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
When I lost my baby, a friend sent me a copy of Rainbow Bridge which really did help.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Huge hug
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
(HUGS)..I've been through this too...one of my my very best "cat friends" got hit by a car...He managed to drag himself to the front door - I brought him in to the vet and, much like Katee, cradled him and talked to him when the needle was inserted. I like to think that his last feelings were that of being loved and cradled. It was the hardest thing I've had to do but I am glad that I did it -- for him. Do what you can- we'll be thinking of you.
Pudoodles
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Katee and Pudoodles are right. Thats what I did with my Yndia, I stayed strong for her and broke down afterwards. Looking back I'm grateful I was there for her at the end. It would have been much harder to live with had I not been there. But I would definitely take someone with you.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
By the way, I've never been able to take my babies to the vets for that, my hubby has always done it. I've said my goodbyes at home, I just couldn't be there, so if you think you can't either, then don't feel bad. The vets are always wonderful in those situations.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Debbie, I am so sorry for you too.... Crying or Very sad
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hey sarahb - thank you for posting Rainbow Bridge. I'm still at work and, although I know I have a copy at home, I couldn't find it here...
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry. I lost my Rottie a few months ago, she had cancer and internal bleeding. I knew that something wasn't quite "right" with her for about a year prior, but every time we took her to the vet about it, he would always say it was just arthritis. I knew better, but the vet always reassured me it was nothing to worry about, gave her a couple of prescriptions. A year later, they found the cancer, etc. It was so advanced that they didn't think she would survive the next two weeks. So, we made an appt to take her in on Saturday, two day from then, so we could spend a couple of days with her.

I insisted that I had to be there. I wanted to be able to say my final goodbyes. Trouble is, she started rectally bleeding on Friday, and I was working. My job was only 5 minutes from home, and my fiancee didn't even come get me. He picked me up from work, and said that Roxie was dead. I guess he drove around with her for about 45 minutes (she loved car rides)before he took her in, and still didn't get me. I was soooooooo pissed, and I still am. I didn't get to say my final goodbye.

My mother's rottie had to be put down last week as well.

It's probably one of the hardest things you will ever have to do, but if you think you can handle it, I would try to be there for Larry's final moments. Otherwise, you might end up regretting it later. If you can't handle it, love on him like you've never loved on him before.

My heart goes out to you

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Debbie, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Crying or Very sad I know nothing I can say will ease the sadness you're feeling...but please know my thoughts and prayers are with you, DH and your sweet kitty, Larry. It's clear how much you love him, and he is so lucky to have had you for a mommy...

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am so sorry. Please accept my deepest sympathy. Sad
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Debbied, sorry to hear that you have to go through this. I can't imagine life without the ones I love either. You just have to hang in there, and do what is best for your kitty. Atleast, you know he won't be suffering anymore. He is grateful to have you in his life, and know that he will always love you even when he's gone. My sincerest condolences go to you and your family.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry. It is such a difficult choice to make, but sometimes it's the kindest thing we can do for our animal kids. My thoughts are with you. Crying or Very sad
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Debbied, I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling right now. Our fur kids are such a big part of our lives. Nothing I can say at this time can take away your grief. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you during this very difficult time.

Hugs,
Winnie
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
{{Debbie}}, I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Being in the room when we put our Yorkie down a few years ago was very hard, but I think on some level, pets get a true sense of peace knowing that their human was there with them as they fall "asleep". I am so glad that I was there for him. Had I not been in the room at the time, I would continue to wonder about how it went, was our Yorkie really comfortable in the end, did he know how much we loved him, etc. It helped me to be there, to mourn and to move on. I had no doubt that our Yorkie was comforted as much as possible.

Whatever you decide, Larry will know it was a good decision, because he felt how much you loved him throughout the years.
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hug hug and comfort. I lost my first cat when I was 8, I was so sad and cried for days. No matter what, you will always have the good memories of your baby. That's the treasure of life.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |