Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need to share...sad
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Debbied, I absolutely agree that we have a pact with our animal companions, which Sidda wrote about -- and beautifully! They are such a precious part of our lives, each one of them, and in exchange for that unconditional love it's our responsibility to ease their passage out of this life when the time is right.

Having said that, every being on this planet has amazing abilities to heal and recover, even if all evidence has said otherwise. I am absolutely convinced of the power of positive energy and positive thought--so please visualize and think of your dear cat as healthy and happy and vigorous, and really believe it, and it can only have a positive effect on him, as does the love he gets from his 'humans.'

We all need to enjoy whatever time we have with both our animal and human companions, whether it's a week, a month, a year, or a decade. Thank you Debbied for reminding me of this.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
Wanted to share the good news, Larry is doing well, not great but his chances for survival are really good! Thanks to everyone for your kind words. deb

That's great to hear! I wish you & Larry the best!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Debbied, that's GREAT news that Larry should get better! You've been given another opportunity to spend some quality time with him. What a difficult thing to go through and so emotional for you ... first you're told you need to let go and now you are being offered this hope. Cherish the time you have with him! Smile
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Debbie, I'm happy to hear that Larry is getting better. He is a very old gentleman, isn't he?! Nineteen is pretty advanced for a cat! He must have a very good life with you and your DH to have lived that long and you must've taken exceptional care of him. He's one lucky little guy!

My heart goes out to you - its always very hard to have a sick pet. My two little girl cats are 7 and 8 years old and are (touch wood) very healthy; however, I have had to take them to the vet for treatment a couple times and my oldest had to wear a "lampshade" on her head to keep her from chewing on a wound. I thought I was going to die! Everytime I saw her walk into a wall with that thing on I'd start crying! She must've thought I was nuts. I don't even like to think of the inevitable day when I will have to let them go, it makes me so sad.

I agree with everything Sidda and Chocolat have said. Very wise words. The three of us (Sabrina, Slinky and I) are all saying prayers for Larry and sending good healing energy his way!
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I can see 2 orange & white kittens & 1 big lab puppy. Brothers all. They are playing together again, having an awesome reunion.

God Bless

deb
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
If I understood your posting correctly, I am so very sorry for your loss, Debbie. Crying or Very sad
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:25 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Our vet does the same. She came out to our house to put my little cat to sleep. It was much less traumatic for her, that way. Having said that, I've only been able to force myself to go into our conservatory (where it actually took place) twice since September. I just burst into tears otherwise.

I sort of felt like my cat was still with us as he died with us at home. But in my case he did pass on his own, I wonder if that is the difference for me?
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Rufus thats an interesting observation. Larrys brother died at home too & I could "feel" his presence. Actually I still can at times. When I lost my dog several weeks later (vet "put him down"), the house felt empty. Same now with Larry. Everything is just empty & hollow. Think I'll do something special to keep them all with me, some sort of reminder or little memorial of sorts. Majorb was sharing a little w/me on something she did, sounds positive.

Sharing this has been so healthy for me. I usually internalize & get depressed. I can see them all playing together again. Faith of any sort is a wonderful thing.
~~~~hugs~~~~ deb
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Debbie, do you have a grassy place or garden that you could bury him in? I think that it helps with closure and is also a way of remembering that every life has meaning. You might find it a comforting place to go when you feel that you need to.
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Debbied, I've been through it 4 times in the past myself and it's never easy. I'll tell you what makes me get through it. I think of all the wonderful years that I shared with that particular cat. I think of all the good times that we had together. I think of how they played, and how they purred, and how they loved you as a friend. Knowing that you gave them the best life that you possibly could will get you through it. It will actually make you feel much better than you think. You will realize that you've done something good for another living thing on this planet. Nothing lasts forever, you have to let them go sometime....but, while they are with you, give them the most love you can as often as you can.

I may have to go through it again soon too. My oldest male cat "Junior" has all of a sudden started having siezures out of nowhere for what appears to be no reason. He's 16 this year, and has been the coolest cat I've owned so far. He hangs in the garage with me while I build cars and bikes and I swear if he could hold a wrench he would work on them too! He even lays on my chest when I roll under the car to work underneath, and he "watches" what I'm doing like a supervisor. These siezures break my heart....and the vet can't explain it either. It's like he becomes "scared to death" for some reason and flips out, running into walls, drooling and twitching, and he doesn't recognize me till he "snaps out of it" and then he is OK again.

My thoughts are with you, and give your cats all the love you can right up till you must let them go....

John

John those siezures must be so hard for you. I've never had a pet go through that sort of experience. How traumatic for you to helplessly watch. Hard to believe the vets are clueless too. I believe everything happens for a reason, sometimes it just doesn't make sense. I'm thinking all the things we consider "bad" happening is meant to make us stronger in some way. Just can't figure out how right now.

I appreciate your posting & sharing about Junior. I will keep you two in my thoughts & prayers. You describe Junior with such pride. I'm so happy to see this. I know how special he is to you.

True "animal people" are awesome to know. They just seem to be good people & usually tend to be more spiritual. I often wonder why some friends just don't like animals (of any type). I've been blessed to have the love I have for animals. But you're so right, all we can do is give them all the love & care we can, then when it's time to let go, give them some dignity I suspect. Take care of Junior & yourself. Please let me know how he's doing. I can see him now helping you fix the truck! So cool! Cool
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:

True "animal people" are awesome to know. They just seem to be good people & usually tend to be more spiritual. I often wonder why some friends just don't like animals (of any type). I've been blessed to have the love I have for animals. But you're so right, all we can do is give them all the love & care we can, then when it's time to let go, give them some dignity I suspect. Take care of Junior & yourself. Please let me know how he's doing. I can see him now helping you fix the truck! So cool! Cool

Debbied so sorry about Larry. Did you read my post about my bunny Penfold, it was on another board. It may help you. I will try to find it and post it again.

I absolutely agree with you about 'animal people'. We lost the last of our babies last year, (due to old age) and now we have none. We decided not to get any more pets because we go away a lot and it's always difficult to get baby sitters. I miss terribly having pets, they're very special little creatures and I'm a huge animal lover so it breaks my heart not to have them any more. In an ideal world I would have a big house in the country and tons of animals!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Here we are, found my other post.

I've got a really chilling story about the first bunny I bought, Penfold, he was Baldrick's dad and he was the most amazing bunny, he would jump up onto my lap for a cuddle and lay there on his back with his legs out, fast asleep! He would run around our garden and as soon as I opened our back door and called him he would bomb up the path and jump into the kitchen, it was hysterical every time. Anyway, he died a few years back, we tried everything for him but it was his time to go and I was inconsolable. At the same time I heard about a magazine with lots of photos of Brad Pitt in, (I was a BP fanatic), it was a US mag and I'm in the UK so I thought it would be difficult for me to find, I posted a query on a BP forum board for it and someone called angelonacloud replied, they had never been on the forum before, they said they would buy the magazine for me, they didn't want any money for it. I was amazed when it arrived, the very first page I turned to was of Brad Pitt holding a bunny that looked EXACTLY like my Penfold that had just died, the same white bunny with brown patches! I was stunned! I emailed the person back straightaway to tell them but they had disappeared and they were never seen on that forum again and my emails bounced back as email address unknown?!

Coincidence? 'Angelonacloud', never heard of before or since? How many photos are there of celebrities with any kind of animal, let alone one that looks identical to MY pet!

Call me soppy but I always took that to be a sign from Penfold to say that he was OK and thank you for looking after me.

Debbie it was the most bizarre experience and one I'll never forget, so although Larry might not be there in person anymore, he'll be keeping an eye on you.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
So very sorry it didn't work out, Debbie. Have PM'd you.
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very sorry for your loss. It must have been his time to go. I'm sure his energy will still be around, and that in dreams or in quiet thoughts or in the next life you will all be united again. He will probably signal you somehow, whether in a kitten you see or a dream or something familiar to him around the house, or put into your thoughts in a way that only you will understand, to tell you that he's OK and doing fine and he wants you to be OK too.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Debbie, sorry about Larry, but he'll always be with you. Let me tell you a quick story that will solidify this thought.

Boogie was a female tabbie that passed away while I was on a business trip in Milan two years ago. Boogie was our only indoor cat and we really loved her and pampered her. I have long hair and use small rubber hair ties to hold it back in a pony tail. For some reason, Boogie would collect these and pile them up under the bed! Whenever I couldn't find any, I would just go to her "stash" and pick up a few. When she passed away and I got home, I cleaned all of these out from under the bed, and cleaned under there thoroughly.

More than a year after she passed away, Sandy and I were cleaning the bedroom and I started vacuuming under the bed. I looked under for some reason and I SWEAR there were at least 4 of my rubber hair ties piled up under there just like Boogie used to do. I KNOW I didn't do it, and Sandy swears she didn't do it and I believe her! And, we don't have our other two cats inside at all and we have no children at home! On top of that, sometimes late at night when we are watching TV, Sandy and I will both get startled and look at each other and then we'll say, "did you just see a cat run by into the kitchen"??!! We both "see" a cat running in the house sometimes late at night. We'll catch it out of the corner of our eye most of the time.

We both agree that Boogie is "still with us" and these hair raising incidents are more than enough proof for us. We can't explain them away any other way!

Larry will come to you at the right time. You'll feel it and know it and it will make you smile. If there was something special that he used to do, or something that he liked, watch for it again someday....

Hang in there.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Debbie,

so sorry for your loss!

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Debbie, I'm so very sorry for your loss. *Hugs*
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
Wanted to share the good news, Larry is doing well, not great but his chances for survival are really good! Thanks to everyone for your kind words. deb

Yayyyyyyyy Larry!
Dancing Dancing
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
debbied wrote:

Yayyyyyyyy Larry!
Dancing Dancing

Katee did you read the other posts?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |