Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Sunsilk beyond brunette color boost vs. John Frieda Glaze
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I color my hair about every 3-4 weeks and in the mean time I usually need a boost to refresh my fading color. I have tried two products that promise to refresh color.

The first one is John Frieda's Luminous Color Glaze the darkest brunette color they have (chestnut to espresso). I really liked this product, It made my hair really shiny and rich, and really did enhance my color. I finished my first bottle (which lasted amazingly long, as you only need a very small amount. But I found that sometimes it made my color a bit too dark.

I was going to buy another bottle of the glaze when I saw Sunsilk's beyond brunette color boost- it was half the price and pomised to add moisture as well. Plus there was one that was good for brunettes with auburn tones (which I have), so I decided to try it out.

I was very impressed, I have used it twice now and it makes my hair color very rich and adds a hit of auburn. It also really moisturizes my hair as well.

I really can't say one product is better than the other as I like both but slightly prefer the Sunsilk becuase of the color match and the moisture it gives my dry hair. Even though Sunsilk adds shine, it doesn compete with the shine that the JF glaze adds. The differences I see between the two are the following:

Sunsilk:
moisturizes- feels like a treatment for your hair
Adds a nice auburn tone (but you can get brunette with out aubrun as well)
leave on for up to 5 mins

John Frieda
Nice color- but doesn't add enough of the auburn tone I need- it does add a little bit of red- but not enought for my hair-but it might be good for all of the neutral brunettes out there (it does have a slight bit of red in it though)
Glaze- it really makes your hair amazingly shiny- but it doesn't feel moisturized.
Very concentrated so you only need a little bit and the bottle lasts very long.
Leave on for at least 3 mins

CONS
both of these products stain your hands and skin if you do not wash them off right away after you apply them to your hair (makes you look like you have fake tanning cream on your hands)

John Frieda $14.99 CDN
Sunsilk $7.50 CDN
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |