Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
looking for a daily moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is acting all strange this winter. Normally I am normal/combo and use Dr. H normalizing oil and Dr. H quince day cream. The quince however feels too heavy/causing breakouts these days but at the same time, I'm feeling pretty dry. It's pretty confusing. Can somebody please recommend something very light and moisturizing that doesn't cause breakouts? TIA

Cat
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Like you my normal skin was starting to feel very dry. I started seeing a lot of fine lines. Now, the deep ones I will except but I known fine lines can be delt with. First I needed to exfoliate to get rid of that top layer so moisturizer could sink in. I chose Dr. Denese's Firming Pads with Glycolic Acid. So far I am really liking them.

I have not used Emu Oil for a few years but decided to try it for my dry skin. I chose Dremu Oil here at EDS. I can't say enough about this oil. It is pure white in color, no odor and absorbs beautifully. After cleansing I apply one drop to a damp face and another drop to neck area. Within a few minutes it is absorbed and my face is soft and moist. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and no longer can see those fine dry lines. I also purchased the Dremu Eye Cream. After reading CasperMums review I gave it a try. Like the Emu Oil the Eye Cream is awesome. It is a cream/gel consistency, absorbs right in, reduces puffiness some. I am very impressed with Dremu products. Compared to other Emu Oils I have used I find Dremu superior. If EDS did not start carrying them I would have never tried them.

I do continue with my regular routine while using the Dremu products.

Cat, I don't have problems with breakouts. From what I understand Emu Oil (refined) does not clog pores.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
My skin is acting all strange this winter. Normally I am normal/combo and use Dr. H normalizing oil and Dr. H quince day cream. The quince however feels too heavy/causing breakouts these days but at the same time, I'm feeling pretty dry. It's pretty confusing. Can somebody please recommend something very light and moisturizing that doesn't cause breakouts? TIA

Cat

What other skincare products you use in your routine?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I use camellia oil has a daily moisturizer and swear by it!!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried the Dr H Rose day cream? It may seem heavy going on at first but it absorbs really quickly. It may also help soothe your skin sensitivities. This is what I use daily and I love it. It is great especially for these horrible winter months. I'd also recommend skipping the normalizing oil as you may not need to use both a day cream and the oil. One or the other may work best for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
The quince cream seemed to sit on top of my skin and never really penetrate so my skin always felt like you describe. Oily on top but dry underneath....weird.

I have learned that with my combo/winter dry skin the key is what you use on my face at night. If you follow Dr. H to the letter they say not to use anything at night....I never got used to that. So I never stuck to Dr. H products. I find that if my face is properly hydrated at night then its better able to stay moisturized during the day. I have been using Neutrogena Light Night Cream and its been working great. No breakouts (which I'm prone to) and no overly oily skin.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
i am using Dr. H Quince day cream, it's nice! if it is too dry, i will use emu oil!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I will try to skip the normalizing oil but I thought the oil was key to preventing breakouts?

I use DHCC, ACV toner, Candy's Triple C, then the normalizing oil, quince day cream followed by sunscreen and foundation (YSL). At night, I often don't use anything as I'm too sleepy to apply anything. Or else, I use Rosehip oil.

Dr. H rose day cream seems a bit heavy and I'm worried about breakouts.

One of the things I adore is Clarins UV40 SPF. I think that it was Manslayerliz who recommended it but I could be wrong. I like how the texture is all watery and light. Does anybody have a recommendation like that for a moisturizer.

Also, what is camelia oil? Is it similar to rosehip?

The breakouts are in patches - some on my forehead, others at the side of my nose. I have always been prone to breakouts in those areas. I don't know why. My forehead isn't particularly oily. I used to think that the breakouts on my cheeks come from constantly blowing my nose - manual irritation. But the forehead puzzles me.

If anybody can crack this, I will be forever indebted/send roses/kiss feet/etc. Help.....
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
stop the RoseHip! love the stuff to death, but it always leads to breakouts. you might not *think* it does, but just humour me here. skip it for a few days and see if you start clearing up....
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I can't seem to part away from my emu oil ever since I tried it. I cannot go back to regular cream/lotion moisturizers.

Also try like a HA serum to help retain some moisture in the skin.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree about the emu oil. For me it is the HG. When I have exfoliated my skin until its raw, I slather on the emu oil and by morning it is healed and looks great. In the winter when my skin gets drier I just put on more. It sinks into my skin like magic. I also love to mix HA in with it and apply just before my make up.

When I receive the SKB I ordered I want to try Mixing the Emu Oil, the SKB, HA and the Dmae together for a pre makeup moisterizer. If it works it will save a lot of time in application.
MJS
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:29 am      Reply with quote
I think u can try MD Formulation's Moisture Defence serum, that one wouldnt cause breakout and pimples.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
I think u can try MD Formulation's Moisture Defence serum, that one wouldnt cause breakout and pimples.

your personal experience?
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I used to have dehydrate and acne skin. after I use MDF for few months, my pimples is gone.. everytime when I change other brand, my pimples comes back. So I stick with MDF for 10 years now, I really had a good result from MDF, it just the products they have is getting much more expensive then before, was thinking to change other cheaper products. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I think Valmont's Regenetic cream does help. It's very light-weight yet moisturing enough.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've been looking for a lite moisturizer, also. I've been spoiled by Zenbiotic, I keep going back to phyto-moisture. I realize people might be scared of the PH. But, it truely is a great light moisturizer.

I had a few samples lying around that I tried. One I liked was DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew. It's a light creme. I got a sample from Sephora, but I'm sure EDS could get you one.

but, it has a few ingr I'm not comfortable with.
Water, Glycerin, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Beeswax, Propylene Glycol, Squalane, Sodium PCA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Dimethicone, Hydrocotyl Extract, Polysorbate 80, Allantoin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Hyaluronate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Proplyparaben.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |