Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How much cardio do you do weekly?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, that's amazing! How old are you right now and do you work anywhere? That is quite the dedication
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:15 am      Reply with quote
katee - I know what you mean about getting into a rhythm and forgetting everything else whilst swimming. I do exactly the same, and it was like that for me with running. Still, I'm such a slow swimmer, despite having endless stamina, that it'd take me hours to do 5 miles. I take my swimming cap off to you for your dedication!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, you're so inspirational!
Everyone else, I know exercise helps skin and mood. I'm a singer & find my voice is stronger from cardio. I run 4-5 times a week 4 miles & lift weights. I'm attempting to get more regimented with the weight lifting.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I do cardio about 4-5 times a week, mostly through commuting on my bicycle. When I do commute, I am riding about 10-11 miles round trip, approximately 30-35 minutes each way. I love cycling. I've injured both of my knees snowboarding and it's perfect because it is so low-impact. I used to jog, but that doesn't work for me anymore.

On the days I don't cycle, I run up and down the stairs in my house (4 story townhome including the garage) or spend a day on the mountain snowboarding. Boarding is a truly intense workout for me and feels like such an accomplishment since I am still learning. Smile
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
I do cardio about 4-5 times a week, mostly through commuting on my bicycle. When I do commute, I am riding about 10-11 miles round trip, approximately 30-35 minutes each way. I love cycling. I've injured both of my knees snowboarding and it's perfect because it is so low-impact. I used to jog, but that doesn't work for me anymore.

On the days I don't cycle, I run up and down the stairs in my house (4 story townhome including the garage) or spend a day on the mountain snowboarding. Boarding is a truly intense workout for me and feels like such an accomplishment since I am still learning. Smile

When you commute to work, by the time you get there, don't you get sweaty and all?
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
When you commute to work, by the time you get there, don't you get sweaty and all?

I do get a bit sweaty. I wear biking clothes while I am cycling and then change into a fresh set of clothes when I get to work. I am a massage therapist, and I keep a few shirts and a few pairs of thai wrap-around pants at work to change into. If I am going somewhere that I don't have a change of clothes already waiting for me, I'll just carry one with me. Voila!

If I am super sweaty, I just wash up a bit in the bathroom before changing into my work clothes.

It works out pretty well.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
A BIG ZERO for me unfortunately... Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I do a fusion nonweighted workout 2x a week (T-Tapp), a weighted workout (Jari Love lately) or use our Platinum Crossbow 2x a week, and a 40 min treadmill walk/jog once a week. I also have Windsor Pilates, some Firm & Crunch tapes etc that I can rotate if I get bored.

I have the Slim in Six series and I liked it when I got it, but she does SO many moves that really really stress the knee joints. Endless lunges, squats, etc. I developed tendinitis in both knees last year which took months to subside, so I have to be careful.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have always been obsessive with exercise and would describe myself as an endurance athlete. As a kid I swam laps like a maniac, then when I went to college, became a competitive distance runner. Now I am paying for my "overdoing" and although I still exercise every day, I do it in the gym. Here's my regimen:

Cardio (eliptical, exercise bike, stair climber) 30-45 mins 6 days a week

Weight training every other day for 1 1/2 hrs

Ab work 6 days a week 10-15 mins

Sundays I hike 3-7 miles
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you wildcat. None Sad
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I have always been obsessive with exercise and would describe myself as an endurance athlete. As a kid I swam laps like a maniac, then when I went to college, became a competitive distance runner. Now I am paying for my "overdoing" and although I still exercise every day, I do it in the gym. Here's my regimen:

Cardio (eliptical, exercise bike, stair climber) 30-45 mins 6 days a week

Weight training every other day for 1 1/2 hrs

Ab work 6 days a week 10-15 mins

Sundays I hike 3-7 miles

That is awesome! I like that program, would this be considered too much?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
xxndromexx...no, I wouldn't call my workouts excessive. I can't do excessive anymore! My knees are shot and I'm prone to injuries. I would call that a moderate workout.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Perfect topic here since I finally bought myself some sports shoes. Laughing I haven't exercised since I finished high school.

Going to join the gym on Monday and ask a trainer to draw up a plan for me. Do you guys 3 times a week will be sufficient for a start?

I don't like jogging etc on the roads because I have the worse luck with spider webs. They love my face Rolling Eyes .

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Three times per week is a great start cuppre! You can add to your routine as you ease into it and you'll enjoy it more and more.

I'm 43 xxndnromeoxx and yes, I work - more than I'd like to alot of the time.

I did T-Tapp for awhile way back when Chocolat. It's a very interesting system. It wasn't enough of a workout for me, but I did incorporate some of her alterations (knees turned out Wink ) into some of my other exercise routines. I've also burned copies of it for one of my secretaries, who was someone who hadn't done any exercising for decades. I finally convinced her it was important, and because she was trying to lose weight, she signed up at a local gym - I believe it was a Bally's or Gold's or something. The trainer there was a total jerk! He worked out a plan for her that bordered on sadistic. Needless to say she went a grand total of 2 times. She likes the T-Tapp program and she's really starting to make progress with it.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
katee,

I've thought about taking up swimming as it's great exercise. Question for you, do you wear a cap and if not, doesn't the chorline reak havoc on your hair, my hair's very textured and rough as is I don't need help in that dept Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I do wear a cap. It's mandatory where I swim although I'd do it anyway since I swim every day. Between my hair and the fact that I must have a big head ( Laughing ), finding a comfortable one wasn't easy !
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I do wear a cap. It's mandatory where I swim although I'd do it anyway since I swim every day. Between my hair and the fact that I must have a big head ( Laughing ), finding a comfortable one wasn't easy !

I bet you look dead sexy in that swimming cap Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, I've done T-Tapp on and off since about 1999. They've added lots of things and modified some that needed it. Her floor workout and that weird organs-in-place move are awesome for abs. I like the lymph-pumping effects of the moves, and really concentrating on isometric extentions and contractions to your own personal max while holding the core form (butt tucked, knees out, lats engaged, abs in, pressing lower back flat etc) is incredibly challenging. However--I still like the burn of free and machine weights, and the sweating from the treadmill. I know the T-Tapp mantra is "less is more" and stresses not to overtrain, but I get bored doing the same routine, so I switch it up.

I admire your swimming regimen ... I drown easily.
oceangirl

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a brand new member to the EDS forum, and I've been hovering and just reading the different posts through various topics. I've recently become more interested in healthy skincare products because of my close friend who is one of the healthiest people I know. As a personal trainer, I felt I had all the information I needed regarding health. I was so wrong!!! Everything is so connected. The way you eat and exercise effects your skin probably MORE than the products you put on them. However, I have switched to organic and natural skincare products as well. I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that regular exercise and healthy eating will give your skin a healthy glow like no product on the market! Since I've quit eating things loaded with preservatives and unnatural ingredients my skin is FLAWLESS! I exercise 5 times a week as well which helps flush out toxins. I use to have problem skin before I cleaned up my diet, and the reason is clear. First, I was feeding my body and skin things it couldn't use for fuel, and secondly, when I would sweat the toxins from unhealthy food were clogging my pores! Dont get me wrong, my diet wasn't awful to begin with. I ate alot of 'healthy' things from the store. For example health bars, lean cuisine, protein shakes... but it's all loaded with junk! Eat clean, live clean!!!
Keep it up ladies! And here's to a healthy lifestyle and beautiful skin!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've exercised all my adult life too. You need exercise to really boost your overall health and metabolism and it reflects in your skin. I'm a mom with 2 kids and I work at home, so I find it's easier to do tapes or DVDs at home when they are at school. Just 3 days a week is all I do. For people who hate to exercise or don't have time, try getting a FIRM DVD. They combine cardio and weight training into one short session. Right now, I'm doing The FIRM Maximum Body Shaping with Tracie Long and it's great because it covers all my problem areas...arms, legs, butt, stomach and it's only 45 minutes in length. It uses a fanny lifter (tall step stool), and man that really hurts in the beginning, gets your heart pumping, but the results are so worth it. It's an old tape, but a goodie.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I like the old Firm tapes better than the newer ones boski. Although I think even the newer ones are better than most anything else out there !
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I do it 2-3x's a week. It used to be enough, but now, that I'm getting older I need to work out more. The pds. are much more difficult to come off.
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I try to do 45 minutes of cardio/3 times per week. If I'm having a lazy day or have to get home, I do a minimum of 20 minutes.

I also do 10 minutes of cardio before my weight training session to get my muscles warmed up. Since starting this regimen in October, I have lost about 10 lbs and definitely a lot of inches!!

The thing about weight training too is that you are even buring calories when your muscles are recovering on your off days! I'd definitely do a combination of both to see the quickest results!

Smile Renee

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I got my gym member ship this week and went to the gym today.

My face was really really red after the exercise like so Embarassed . Which prompts me to ask, is there anyway to make the flushing go down faster? Don't really want to turn up to class looking like that.

Also since I have not done any sports for a few years and I am planning to go to the gym 3-4 times a week, what kind of initial changes should I expect? I hear that the body tend to retain more water for the first few weeks? Y/N?

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
kellyks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
My old workout schedule:
45 minutes cardio 5-6 times a week
30 minutes of light weights 3 times a week
5 mile hike twice a week

Had very invasive foot surgery on both feet in Sept and November of 2006 so the recovery has been sooooo slow. I am just now hobbling around with too much pain so my new schedule is:

5 times a week inside walking with exercise DVD (2 miles each time)

5 times a week 30 minutes of floor exercises like stretching, pilates moves, pushups, light weights for arms.

It is amazing to me how quickly the human body can lose cardio capacity when we stop exercising. Not to mention my scary looking legs from weeks in casts. Now that I am getting some exercise again it feels so good and my skin is starting to look better, too many months inside a heated apartment with little or no movement really took a toll on my skin, as well as the medication I was taking.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |