Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
I wish you enough...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
A little something found it's way into my inbox today and thought I'd share...

*Recently I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at the airport. They had announced the departure.
Standing near the security gate, they hugged and the mother said, "I love you and I wish you enough".

The daughter replied, "Mom, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Mom".

They kissed and the daughter left. The mother walked over to the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see she wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on her privacy but she welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?".

Yes, I have," I replied. "Forgive me for asking,
but why is this a forever good-bye?".

"I am old and she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is - the next trip back will be for my funeral," she said.

"When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I wish you enough'. May I ask what that means?".

She began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down for many generations. My parents used to say it to everyone". When we said, 'I wish you enough', we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them". Then turning toward me, she shared the following as if she were reciting it from memory.

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.

I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

She then began to cry and walked away.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them but then an entire life to forget them.

So to all my loved ones, my friends of old and my new ones too - I WISH YOU ENOUGH
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Wow, vava_gurl, that is very touching and sweet. Thank you for sharing it.

montrealgal Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:53 am      Reply with quote
That's really touching & sad.. Thanks for sharing & wishing us enough!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:58 am      Reply with quote
What a touching story!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:00 am      Reply with quote
That is really lovely.
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:24 am      Reply with quote
So touching. vava_gurl, thanks for sharing.

I wish everybody enough!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. That is one of the most endearing pieces I have ever read.
I "wish you enough" to all the lovely members of EDS forum should they wish to accept it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Ohh my god and I've only just put my mascara on! Crying or Very sad
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
What a lovely story.
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
What a lovely touching, story.

Made me very sad as my daughter doesn't speak to me !!!!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Maureenall wrote:

I'm a daughter that doesn't talk to my mum. Sad
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
That was so sweet Vava Gurl...thanks for sharing it!

Mary Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
That was really nice. I just lost my mother. I can barely speak of it. I hope all mothers and daughters resolve their issues before it's too late.I was'nt my mother's best friend but I was her daughter and loved her with all my heart.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
A very touching story Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
doohicus wrote:
That was really nice. I just lost my mother. I can barely speak of it. I hope all mothers and daughters resolve their issues before it's too late.I was'nt my mother's best friend but I was her daughter and loved her with all my heart.

I lost my mother nearly nine years ago and it still hurts when I think about her. Amen to that hope: that all mothers and daughters resolve their issues. Thankfully, we had always been close.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
That was really nice. Thanks for sharing it.
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thai nice story makes me have red eyes right now.
Unfortunately, I am in my office.

Thank you for sharing.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I remember receiving that email early last year. Such wonderful sentiments. Thank you for reminding me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Maureenall wrote:

I'm sorry to read that.

Many internet e-mail memes are actually made up. This one reads like it could be. But even if it is not a true story, it is a beautiful idea -- the title, and the wishes recited by the mom in the airport. You can absorb that part into what relationships you DO have, and apply the lesson of this story to them.

But I hope that eventually she will resume speaking with you.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Lovely and touching story.

Thank you.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
As a mom to 2 little girls, I truly hope that whatever problems between you mothers and daughters - that you can come to resolve them and find love.
That is a beautiful story.
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
alibabka wrote:
Maureenall wrote:

I'm sorry to read that.

Many internet e-mail memes are actually made up. This one reads like it could be. But even if it is not a true story, it is a beautiful idea -- the title, and the wishes recited by the mom in the airport. You can absorb that part into what relationships you DO have, and apply the lesson of this story to them.

But I hope that eventually she will resume speaking with you.

Alibabka, just to clarify this is not my story, it is an email (made up or not, by someone unknown)sent to me. I just thought the sentiment was really beautiful and worth sharing around. Very Happy
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. Sorry Vava gurl, I didn't mean to imply I thought you made anything up -- I do know that some of the things that circulate and propagate via e-mail are sometimes made up.

I agree completely that it was a beautiful story and lesson.

It actually speaks vaguely to something that I have on occasion expressed crassly or with anger: "Well some people clearly haven't suffered ENOUGH!" I do believe that there is personal improvement to be experiences from adversity, if the poerson is normal -- either by reaching a new level of empathy for others who are vulnerable -- or by simply appreciating the things one has in life because there was this other time when things were not nearly as good. (For me: hallelujah, I am not experiencing the painful health problem I was just two weeks ago -- what a privelege and blessing to be functioning without extreme pain!)

I too was moved by the story, partly because i recognized some of its message as ideas I'd arrived at on my own, as surely have many others -- but we often need concrete reminders.

Thank vava for posting it.

p.s. vava is one of the nicknames for me in my family. Smile
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Alibabka - just thought I should make it clear to avoid any confusion.Very Happy And yes it is a nice reminder isn't it!

Oh and where does the 'vava' nickname come from. You are clearly a woman with discerning taste and style to carry such a stupendous name! Wink For me it is part of the name of my business so I have a sentimental attachment to it.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Very touching
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |