Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Twitchy eyelids
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I hope this doesn't sound too weird but... my left upper eyelid twitches. My eye itself doesn't move. This has been going on for about one and a half weeks. Has anyone else ever experienced this or have thoughts on it. Thanks.
Mabsy

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Not weird at all. I've had them before and tend to get them when I'm more stressed I think. I've been told that vitamin B can help, but I'm not sure how accurate that info is. Still, they recommend vit B at times of stress because it tends to get used up by your body faster then.

Also, please have a look at this previous discussion. Perhaps there may be something in there that can help you. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12234

Regardless, I know that I get them sometimes so I don't bother going to the Dr anymore when one comes up. You on the other hand, if this is the first time, should see a Dr just to be safe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I had this happened to me a while ago, and was researching on how to cure it. Basically like Mabsy said, it's stress and lack of sleep. After I get enough sleep, it doesn't twitch any more. So keep on sleeping!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, this often happens to me. Extreeeemely embarrassing. I convince myself that everyone must be looking at me and pointing, but they probably don't even notice (I hope!) It feels to me as if I must look like I'm doing those theatrical stage winks, though.

Definitely happens when I'm stressed or tired. As I rarely sleep well, that means it happens on a regular basis.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have this happen to me all the time- its happening right now as well. I know the scientific explanation is stress and lack of sleep. But in my culture (indo canadian) a twitchy eyelid can be a good or bad thing-
For females:
Left eyelid twitch- good luck
Right eyelid twitch- bad luck

For males- it is the opposite (right good, left bad)

I usually don't beleive in this superstitious stuff- but everytime my left eyelid twitches I do end up having really good luck. And when my right one twitches I freak out and I think I make it twitch more!

Or another thing to counter act your bad eye twitching- put a little saliva on your finger and then rub it on your eyelid- Don't ask me--- its these weird cultural superstitions!

CG
artichoketrish
5% products discount

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
yes i get them every once in awhile. i believe it's stress cause that's the only time i get them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
In Chinese traditional superstition, left eyelid twitches signify fortune in terms of money Dancing Maybe some good things gonna happen to you Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I get this all the time. Stress is one cause for me but sometimes I found it was time for new glasses . Eye strain, like when I spend all night on EDS forums.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I get it as well, definitely stress related. Had it happen all the time for a few days recently. You feel like it's really obvious but if you look at yourself in the mirror you can hardly see it moving and no-one else can notice it.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh so there's an explanation for this. Here I thought it meant that the "crazy" had finally taken over.

I had this really bad a couple weeks ago. Went on for days. I just thought it meant I was truly on the verge of killing my boss who'd been driving me nuts for a long while. <---- It literally felt like this!
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys for your replies. I think your all right-I have been under alot of family and work stress lately and I've been trying to do w/ less sleeping pills-not a very good combo I guess. I wear glasses so I'm not quite as self conscious about others noticing, but it's driving me nuts. Relative to the tradition that the left twitching means good fortune-I did get my income tax refund. I haven't tried the saliva treatment, lol. If it keeps up I need to go see the eye doc. thanks.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Explanation from Dr. Koop site:

http://www.drkoop.com/ency/93/003296.html
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
This has happened to me twice for about 4-5 days each time. I was scared both times that it wouldn't go away, but eventually it did. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard it is vitamin deficiency.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
I've heard it is vitamin deficiency.

c4word, do you know which vitamin?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dr. Koop's site mentions as possibilities both dietary deficiency and caffeine overdose. I doubt it could be a caffeine overdose as I've been drinking Coca Cola since I was 5 months old. For all of my adult life daily consumption of caffeine has been limited (lol) to 3 cups of coffee in the morning, 6-8 Diet Cokes throughout the day, and 3 cups of hot tea just before I go to bed. rofl

Ari

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz)