Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz)
What are your favorite body products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I've noticed much of the forum discusses facial skincare products. I'm just wondering what you ladies and gents here are using to pamper your body skin. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
emu oil!
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Candessence body butter. Smile
jeab
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
ORIGINS..Ginger with a twist Moisturizing body cooler
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm lazy and don't use a lot of body products, but I always have;

Eucerin shower/bath oil
Dermalogica buffing cloth (or a japanese wash cloth)
Weleda body oil, rose or seabuckthorn.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I don't use many body products either. I have a great bath/body wash from Druide (Goat's Milk and Almond) and a refreshing Primavera body scrub. But other than that I don't really apply anything else. If my skin is feeling a little dry I will usually just apply some virgin coco cream or almond oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Candessence Cleansing Body Butter, Yummy Scrub, Whipped Decadence oh and her bath melts. After even just using her bath melts I don't need to put on any extra lotion now after my bath.

After a few months of body brushing I found I didn't need to exfoliate half as much. Using bath gloves also great for exfoliating your body without using too many extra products.

I used to really like Tigi Oatmeal scrub and Jo Malone Body Butters, but they're quite xpensive to use daily
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Camellia oil, and Sesame oil as body moisturizers. Smile
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying the Primavera Ginger Lime and Eros shower gel and body oil. I'm not so much on the Primavera body scrub - I like the shower gels with my nylon scrubby cloth better. I keep meaning to sit down and write a review on them. I reordered the Ginger Lime already and also ordered the Harmony to try. Shower gel gets you nice and clean without drying and the body oil sinks right in, no greasy feeling whatsoever. Plus the scents are lovely, the Ginger Lime really does pick me up in the morning.

The scent does not stay around for a very long time though so don't think of this as a strongly scented Bath and Body Works type line. This is good in my opinion (I think BBW is way too strong and smells cloying) but some people might be looking for BBW type scents.

I ordered from www.kathlina.com - super fast shipping, great service.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I personally really like Bella Lucce's scrubs and body butters - the butters are thick and a bit hard to get out of the bottle but NOT greasy and sinks right in and moisturizes better than any other body butter/lotion I've tried. For everyday though I'm really liking I Feel Pretty's Body Lotion - have their shower gel and body spray on the way. Their scents are AMAZING and are true to their descriptions unlike a lot of other organic brands I find that have a weirdish undertone to their scents most of the time.

Sometimes I also use Avocado Oil - I find that it works much better than Camellia but I only use it when my skin is exceptionally dry (flaky, scaly dry) and it works almost immediately to soothe and moisturize.

When I'm lazy I just spritz myself with some Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Dry Oil in Ylang and Vanille - LOVE this stuff, moisturizes and makes me smell so feminine.

I've also really liked Clarin's Body Shaping Cream for my stomach area.

All of the above are basically HGs for me.

Shower-wise I switch and I alternate between Jurlique's Rose Shower Gel and BB's Baby Wash and Shampoo (and soon IFP when I get it). I'm most likely going to stick with BB but if IFP is good I might also repurchase that to alternate scents.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
thanks to mystypines on the DIY board, I am now making my own whipped shea butter and scenting it with a dupe of aqualina pink sugar. works great as lip balm and for hair as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I will contribute 4 things -- I love them because they are frugal money-savers.

Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castille Soap, lavender or tea tree. (tea tree smells really strong, though -- my sister yelled at me when I had it in her bathroom as a guest once...) I always go back to Doc Bronner's -- it lathers up well from just a bit, and gets me very clean (some of you may find it stripping -- they recommend diluting the soap, and they also make an analogous gentle liquid baby soap).

Epsom salts, and any other standard bath salts ingredient that you can throw in your bath water. I think they often have baking soda and regular salt too.

When I have face creams I know I won't continue using on my face, I try to use them up by putting them on my knees, elbows, legs or feet. Also when wanting to use up a lotion, I might slather it onto my feet and put on socks.

The last I have not even tried yet, but sounds so good to me: baking soda as a facial or body scrub. I like my scrubs very fine, and dense with scrubbles. Scrub washes off of you, so one might as well conserve one's resources for things that stay on the skin and hopefully sink into it -- creams, sera, eye lash nourishers, etc.
LeeBee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have been a big fan of Philosophy "Amazing Grace" Bath Products. The quality is great and the smell is really divine---very fresh and clean. While vacationing in Michigan this summer, I stumbled on a little local company called Latter Rain. I am a big fan of Vanilla scents, and their "Dark Vanilla" body lotions, body butters and handmade soaps are absolutely the best I have ever smelled. I will continue using the Latter Rain from now on.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! So many products I should try out Smile It seems quite a few of you guys just use oil to moisturize. Unfortunately, health stores here are useless. None carries any oil let alone good quality oil. I'm just wondering where do you get your oil from?

I love Bath&Body Works shower gels/creams though at times they really irritate my skin (depends on seasons, etc). I just can't stop myself from using them as they smell lovely. I also love Ren shower gels, but it's a pain having to order them from UK. As far as moisturizing goes, I moisturize with Johnson's Baby Oil and either Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Body Moisturizer or Bath&Body Works lotions/creams on top of it.

I'm in need of a regimen that doesn't irritate my skin though. I'm thinking about trying out Caudalie Cabernet Scrub. It sounds good and isn't too expensive. I'm still looking for a good shower gel that doesn't irritate my skin. I've tried Eucerin and it irritated my skin too Sad I really wanna try Weleda body oils, but again gonna have to order from UK Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Philosophy here. I use the Falling in Love line, and I love the shower gels. I also like the hot salt scrubs.

Some of the Bath and Body Works stuff is ok, though I usually find it too highly fragranced.
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, my favorite is Mario Badescu AHA Botanical Body Soap! I also like Bliss Lemon + Sage body scrub as a treat, though when I really need it, I use any kind of salt scrub I can get my hands on to get that extra glow now and then!
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:08 am      Reply with quote
My HGs:
Paula's Choice 10% AHA body lotion
Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I use pure shea butter (from AgbangaKarite) and pure mango butter (from Oils by Nature) to moisturize my body.

But, I have to admit, I also use from time to time Fresh "Orange Chocolate" Shea Butter. This stuff is also great and I love the yummy scent (so does my husband!).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Kiehl's Creme de corps
Kiss My Face line
Neutrogena body oil
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have lots of stuff I use. BND from skinbio, KP Duty for upper arms, Dior's cellulite cream on thighs.. all my old products on my rear..

I'm about to try Weleda sea buckthorne body oil and lotion.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I have lots of stuff I use. BND from skinbio, KP Duty for upper arms, Dior's cellulite cream on thighs.. all my old products on my rear..

I'm about to try Weleda sea buckthorne body oil and lotion.

I really wanna try Weleda oils too Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Perlier/Elariia creams!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I tend pamper my face and neglect my body Embarassed What I try to do is to use a nourishing bath foam containing royal jelly or almond oil and once in a blue moon slather on moisturizer before I hit the bed. Currently I love The Body Shop's Spa Wisdom On a High Hydrating Puree! It's very light and easily absorbed by my skin as well as smelling heavenly Smile It contains rosehip oil, andiroba and aloe vera gel. Basically I think the Body Shop's spa range is quite good Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
samantha185 wrote:
I tend pamper my face and neglect my body Embarassed What I try to do is to use a nourishing bath foam containing royal jelly or almond oil and once in a blue moon slather on moisturizer before I hit the bed. Currently I love The Body Shop's Spa Wisdom On a High Hydrating Puree! It's very light and easily absorbed by my skin as well as smelling heavenly Smile It contains rosehip oil, andiroba and aloe vera gel. Basically I think the Body Shop's spa range is quite good Smile

Same here. I tend to overpamper my face and neglect my body. I spend so much on products for my face, but skimp on products on my body. I do really love REN shower gels, but I think they're too expensive Sad I used to love The Body Shop shower gels but now they just really really irritate my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I am 54 years old and everyday when I am done in the shower I put on baby oil to my damp skin. Once I am out of the shower I pat myself dry and put on Eucerine cream (intensive) all over. This stuff keeps my skin supple and moist all day. I use warmed emu oil at night. I don't want shriveled up skin. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! My skin looks very smooth.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glotion for Body (150 ml / 5 floz) glotherapeutics Barrier Balm (50 ml / 1.7 oz)