Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Garden of Wisdom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I hear lots of "buzz" regarding the Garden of Wisdom website. I checked out their premixed products, which seem very reasonabley priced.

Everthing looks so enticing!! Has anybody ordered? What is their reputation?
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I've never used their premixed. However, I have ordered from them and they have very high quality ingredients. I see no reason why the premixed shouldn't be the same. Markey is an absolute sweetheart and a dear to do business with. She is wonderful at answering your questions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have tried GoW finished products. I love everything I have ever bought and sampled. There are some reviews on her products here, just do a search for "garden of wisdom".

I have tried her cleansing oil, daisy brightening serum, moisturizing HA serum, vegetarian base cream, cranberry and blueberry toners. It seems like she only makes quality products! I just placed an order for oodle more raw supplies as well as finished products.

Was there anything specific you had a question about?

Kristen

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Nothing specific....although I have a wish list compiled which includes:
BHA/AHA cleanser
Light n Brite Serum
Mandelic 10% (alcohol free) Marine Serum
Hyalruonic Acid (autumn olive) serum 1%
Saliceaous Earth clay.

I just placed an order, however, with PSF for the DMAE firming toner mist (which is great)!!

Oh well......next pay check!!!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Do a search for Garden of Wisdom. There are several threads already nn the forum about what is most popular, etc. The reputation is platinum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Recommended: reasonable prices and even more reasonable shipping.

Usually prompt with email communications as well.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I would also heartily recommend GOW for the product quality and customer service. For some bizzare reason I had a reaction to one of the products before (sample sized alcohol free Mandelic Acid serum) and Markey was very prompt in helping and even sending an additional 2 sample sized Mandelic serums to try out to see if I got any further reaction!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Fabulous customer service.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have had good luck with GOW! I also use SkinActives.com too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
My new GOW fav is the Anti-puff eye serum with haxoyl. If you don't like sticky serums, steer clear of the DMAE serums with all the added extracts. Markey's service is awesome!
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
what is their website?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:03 am      Reply with quote
belledivine--Definitely check out GoW's items when you get a chance. the prices are so reasonable for the value. I hope Markey will always be making her products.

Liza--Here is a link to her finished products, but you can also buy her raw materials:

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/page/page/4013927.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Has someone here tried the Beta Exfo Toner 2%?

I want to order it but wondered what the reviews were on it. Is it similar to Paula's Choice which although I have not used myself it seems to get good reviews on MUA.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
THank you for the link!! Very Happy
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
i just ordered some rosehip oil and jojoba oil from them this afternoon... will update later

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Anna, I haven't tried it and I tried to find reviews on it, but it doesn't seem to have reviews yet. Maybe just get the trial size? I might be a bit biased since I have gone GoW crazy lately, but it doesn't seem that Markey makes any bad products!

You're welcome Liza!

Yuki--you just reminded me that I need to order some oils as I am running out of carekate's shave minimizing oil and plan on making some this time. I love carekate's formula btw!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Skincareaddicted!

I think that I will be placing an order with them very soon. Smile
rsmcclain
5% products discount

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Anna,

I recently got the 2% beta exfo toner from GOW and I am really liking it! I have problems with hormonal acne on my jaw and neck and I used the toner last night and noticed that the big cyst I had was a lot smaller today.

Markey at GOW is amazing. I ordered the wrong product and emailed her on Saturday to ask her what to do about it. She emailed me back a few hours later, then she shipped me the correct product that day so that I only had to wait a couple of days to receive it. She also sent me a postage paid envelope to ship the wrong product back to her. All this great service even though it was not her fault I ordered the wrong product!

Definitely a class act business! I will order from GOW again.

HTH,
Janet
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Janet and welcome wave !

Thank you for the review, it sounds very promising and something I can recommend to a cousin of mine.

I agree, I think Markey and her products are equally awesome. The more I try, the more I am convinced there isn't a bad GoW product!

Also, bump bump for Anna, hope she sees this.

Kristen Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Wonderful! I'll order the toner then as well. My list just keeps getting longer... Laughing
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the emu oil from gow? I see its on there for 4oz for 7 something. Is it just for body do you think?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
hi razinkane. garden of wisdom's emu oil is used for the face as well as the body. i remember reading that members there use it mixed with HA serums for moisture. her emu oil is unrefined and from what i have read, it is extremely high quality. Here are some links discussing her emu oil:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=gardenofwisdom&msg=1057.4&search=y

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=gardenofwisdom&msg=1006.1&search=y

HTH, Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
After all the glowing reviews of GoW I couldn't help but comment.

I wanted to get some liquid BGs from them when they had it in stocked. I got interested in some of their other products and their BHA 2% toner but I was unsure if I should get the 2% or the 5% so I emailed Markey (using the email provided by the GoW website). I got an email back about 5 days later telling me she will get back to my question and that she wasn't ignoring me. Ok, no problem, totally understand she's busy.

However it's been a while since that email and I have not gotten a reply not to mention that liquid BGs became out of stock shortly after. So apart from the fact that I never even got a reply about the BHA toner I was COMPLETELY disappointed that I couldn't get my hands on the BGs just because I wanted to put in a bigger order and save on shipping.

I'm not even bothering to email her again about the BHA as I don't plan on putting in the order until the BGs come back into stock. Needless to say my first impression is not a good one.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sormuimui,

I am so sorry Markey hasn't gotten back to you but she sure is busier these days than ever. She closed GoW down for a few days a couple weeks ago to catch up, but from what I have heard, she is still catching up on orders.

from what i have heard the liquid BGs will be back in stock very soon. i will update if i hear anything.

i have read that if you have never used BHA products before, it is better to stick to the 2%. Markey will of course, have a better answer for you, and hopefully she will get back to you soon.

HTH a little, Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks skincareaddicted, the thing is I've been using ISC Active for more than 6 months now and from another thread someone asked ISC and they replied that Active as 2% SA, more glycolic I'm sure because glycolic is before SA on the ingredient list. That is why I was unsure, but the GoW 2% is low in pH so it might be more irritating than the Active as well so I wanted to be sure as I don't want to get one that's ineffective on me or one that is too irritating.

The Active doesn't do that much for me in terms of clearing me up, it does more in terms of preventing my skin from going crazy but I wanted a BHA that would be more effective in cleaning out my pores. The Active never stung even when it was my first time using it and first time exposing my skin to acids.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |