Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Garden of Wisdom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi Lisey,

The daisy serum is super cheap, about $9 I think but i don't think it would be good for spot treating.

I have never tried ISC before and don't really plan on it either since I am trying to go more natural with my skin care.

If you needed spot treating for scars, i would recommend Markey's lite n' brite serum. It costs $28.65 for a 1 oz bottle. I don't know how much you're paying for ISC but from what i remember, ISC is pretty expensive.

The ingredients for lite n' brite serum:

distilled water
seamollient
grain alcohol
wildberry extract
L-alpha arbutin
kojic acid
hyaluronic acid
Quote:

I hope that helps and i know what you mean by not being able to afford expensive products, i still can't believe i bought the cellcosmet eye cream!

Kristen Smile

Hi Kristen,
I just ordered a sample size of this lite-n-brite serum. I wonder if you could tell me how effective you think it is. What did you use it for? I intend to use it for my sun spots on my cheeks.
Thanks
Cherisse
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Anyway, Markey, I just placed an order on your web site, and I realized you had a disclaimer that you're in need of good help, so it might take 7-10 days before I get my order. That's not too bad. What I was wondering about is I went ahead and ordered the liquid BG, and I know it's a pre-order, so how does this work? When will you get it in stock? Just wondering if you can estimate the wait time on that?

Thank you.
Cherisse

Cherisse,

PBI, per Markey's delphi forum, the liquid BG is in. I got a confirmation that my order has been shipped. Yay!

Hope you will get your order soon Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
Anyway, Markey, I just placed an order on your web site, and I realized you had a disclaimer that you're in need of good help, so it might take 7-10 days before I get my order. That's not too bad. What I was wondering about is I went ahead and ordered the liquid BG, and I know it's a pre-order, so how does this work? When will you get it in stock? Just wondering if you can estimate the wait time on that?

Thank you.
Cherisse

Cherisse,

PBI, per Markey's delphi forum, the liquid BG is in. I got a confirmation that my order has been shipped. Yay!

Hope you will get your order soon Very Happy

I have not got a confirm that it's shipped yet. I just got an email that they received my order. I can't wait to try her products. Very Happy
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
My last order was placed/confirmed on 2/28, was supposed to ship on 3/5, and finally arrived on 3/14.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
i just got my first order and already placed my second, marky is so sweet. i got emu oil, jojoba, and tea tree, and some gow cleansers and stuff to make my own in the recent order. i am going to try the OCM method. i have been lurking forever, lol, thought i would pop in finally.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Hi Kristen,
I just ordered a sample size of this lite-n-brite serum. I wonder if you could tell me how effective you think it is. What did you use it for? I intend to use it for my sun spots on my cheeks.
Thanks
Cherisse

Hi Cherisse,

I think it is pretty effective! I have been using it on and off for about 2 weeks to treat 3 freckles and they are for sure lightening. My freckles are near my mouth, on the bottom corner and one is near my bottom lips so treating that one is a lot harder since I probably lick stuff off all the time. I let the lite n' brite dry on my skin at night, then seal it off with some seamollient or cream.

HTH, Kristen Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
My last order I placed on the March 11th and received on the yesterday on the March 19th, so roughly 8 days which is still pretty fast compared to other vendors. I was expecting much longer so I am really happy. I got the much scrumptious rose geranium hydrosol--i use it as a toner and MY! I can't believe I ever used plain toner before. the stuff is so fragrant pure and organic, , think i am in love!

When Markey wasn't so busy i think orders took 4 days to come to me.

She is the best really but i am soooo biased Smile.

Kristen~

and welcome hopeful! wave I know what you mean by placing another order, I am on my 4th i think and want to try so many of Markey's goodies!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Pearl powder is supposed to lighten the skin, too.
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried GoW's squalane oil? I'm making of a list of what to get.. Very Happy
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I think it's about time I bought some Beta OAt Glucan stuff.. Is GOW the place to get it?

Not that I actually know how to use it, I just know y'all love it.. Razz

What else shall I get while I'm there, Kristen? Is there something that I need to get to go with the BOG?

I need hydration and anti - aging, firming and financial donations, at the moment.
MarkeyGoW
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
My last order was placed/confirmed on 2/28, was supposed to ship on 3/5, and finally arrived on 3/14.

Kim,
I am hoping that was the fault of
FedEx up here...
Markey Smile
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I also thing that GOW is WONDERFUL.
Customer service is prompt and priced fairly.
Very Happy Have fun
Linda
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I think it's about time I bought some Beta OAt Glucan stuff.. Is GOW the place to get it?

What else shall I get while I'm there, Kristen? Is there something that I need to get to go with the BOG?

I need hydration and anti - aging, firming and financial donations, at the moment.

Hey catski,

Hehe. You are so funny. I would highly recommend using pearl powder (awesome lightening and firming) with the liquid oat BGs mixed in a base cream (i recommend the GoW veggie base cream as it is beyond divine and only $6 to boot). Also catski, i just started toning with hydrosols (flower or herb waters) and I can't believe i ever toned with anything else. The hydrosols are AMAZING! I have to rose geranium one but plan on getting a couple more other types. You need to stop by the GoW forum, Markey, Jen and Li will have awesome suggestions for you. It's so addicting over there cause everything is sooo cheap!

Kristen Smile

p.s. i have to add that Markey has a moisturizing gel that contains awesome ingredients:

1% Hyaluronic Acid Solution
Distilled Water
Bioavailable Seaweed
Pearl Powder
DL-Panthenol
Hyaluronic Acid
[bio-engineered]

and i have been using it mixed with a carrier oil (i use camellia or watermelon seed oil) at night on top of my regular moisturizer and i get the softest skin ever. I get a double dosage of pearl powder from the gel and my cream Smile. Seriously, Markey doesn't make any bad products! I should probably write reviews for her stuff but i have been lazy about that Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
hi, this is for anyone that can help, i received my first order, i got emu, jojoba, tea tree, love all of those, its really helping some pimples that poped up last week, i am waitng for my second,, order the gow cleanser, and some things to make my own OCM, and noni extract, its said its water soulable so what should i mix it with, (i was thinking of ordering a hydrosol. now for my main question, what can i get (placing my third order this week, lol) to help diminish my acne marks,(i was reading about the lite n brite serum or should i get the pearl powder with base, or do you suggest something else.) i have 4 small ones, not very deep and only 2 or a little red. and what do you suggest for blackheads, i am hoping when i get the cleanser this will work. and what hydrolsol is good for breakouts and dry skin. sorry for such a long post, everyone here seems to know so much and you seem so helpful, thanks ps, or anything to help with dry skin and breakouts, i am using I.E. and getting great results, dont breakout as much as i used to. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Catski, you're too funny. Laughing I just ordered 2 oz of the liquid oat BG, too, just b/c everyone is talking about it, and I just have to try it, but I have no idea what to do with it. Luckily Kristen gave me a hint, and I might take a stab at a DIY, but that means I need to place another order. Wish me luck! Wink
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
catski and bkkgirl,

I got my BG today from GOW. I also got sucked in by all the raves. Will try the pearl powder and BG recipe that Kristen recommended Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
hopeful wrote:
hi, this is for anyone that can help, i received my first order, i got emu, jojoba, tea tree, love all of those, its really helping some pimples that poped up last week, i am waitng for my second,, order the gow cleanser, and some things to make my own OCM, and noni extract, its said its water soulable so what should i mix it with, (i was thinking of ordering a hydrosol. now for my main question, what can i get (placing my third order this week, lol) to help diminish my acne marks,(i was reading about the lite n brite serum or should i get the pearl powder with base, or do you suggest something else.) i have 4 small ones, not very deep and only 2 or a little red. and what do you suggest for blackheads, i am hoping when i get the cleanser this will work. and what hydrolsol is good for breakouts and dry skin. sorry for such a long post, everyone here seems to know so much and you seem so helpful, thanks ps, or anything to help with dry skin and breakouts, i am using I.E. and getting great results, dont breakout as much as i used to. Wink

Hi hopeful,
I think the pearl powder would definitely help with your scars! I love the hydrosols by the way.

The GoW oil cleanser is wonderful as is the OCM, i would just stay away from castor oil for breakout prone skin and stick with jojoba oil. i would also use a second cleanser after the OCM if your skin is acne prone. GoW has a few cleansers that are very good.

For your acne scars, i have heard and use camellia oil which is supposed to help but lite n' brite i always thought was for freckles or skin pigmentation. I am not sure about scar lightening though (I would definitely check out the garden of wisdom forum--the moderators Jen, Li and Markey herself, will help you develop a full routine much better than i can).

i know that people have raved about the mandelic acid serum and fruit exfo pads for pore reduction. I have not tried either myself. but pearl powder, i have found is great for pore reduction too.

I would also try one of Markey's serums for drier skin. I have dehydrated skin, and i find that mixing her moisturizing gel + carrier oil (i used camellia or watermelon seed or jojoba) and apply over the veggie base cream at night) and wake up with really soft skin.

I hope that helps a little!
Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
mtview and bkkgirl,

The cream + bg + pearl powder is soo easy, i hope you really like the results like i do!

Kristen~

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for your help. i am putting together an order, i will definately get pearl powder, hydrols, base cream. and the moisturizing gel/ plus some carrier oils. for the moisturizing gel do i just mix a carrier oil in the jar or should i get a smaller jar and put gel and oil in there. and the pearl powder can i mix it with a hydrosol first then put it in base cream

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
hopeful wrote:
thank you for your help. i am putting together an order, i will definately get pearl powder, hydrols, base cream. and the moisturizing gel/ plus some carrier oils. for the moisturizing gel do i just mix a carrier oil in the jar or should i get a smaller jar and put gel and oil in there. and the pearl powder can i mix it with a hydrosol first then put it in base cream

Hi hopeful,

Yes, for the carrier oil, i would definitely get a smaller bottle with a flip cap or even those dropper bottle GoW sells to dispense the oil. You only need a very little bit of oil each time and i find that a dropper bottle is the best for that. If you have any empty ones from previous products, that would be great also.

the larger sizes of the hydrosols don't come with a spritzer so i would buy one too if you don't have any empty ones at home.

and yes, you can mix the pearl powder with the hydrosol before adding the base cream. the pearl powder is water soluble. I would make a small experimental batch first in case you are allergic to any of the ingredients to reduce wasting products.

by the way, which hydrosol are you planning to order? I am getting a couple more myself and would love to get an idea.

Kristen~

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
thank for your help, jen from the GOW board suggested helichrysum for me. i waiting to hear back from her on other products. does GOW sell misteres only, i couldnt find them. i was reading about jen green tea shea soap have you ever used it. here is a list of carriers i was thinking of getting. i have emu and jojoba so far for carrier oils

red raspberry
rosehip seed
evening prim rose
cammellia
kukui nut

and these are the EO's
geranium
clary sage
clove bud
jasmine (because i love the smell)

plus
pearl powder
azulene base
hydrosol
toner/cranberry
moisturizing gel (should i put my moisturizer on top of this or should this be my last step)

what ha's product from GOW would be good for my skin
i am 34, have no wrinkles(lucky in that area)
breakouts, but getting better. i am looking for a over all brightness and a more clearer complexion.

sorry for a llong post, just looked at it and you might get a headache Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm reading all this info here, and gotta say ....... Kristen you are an Angel

Cherisse - ooh! Good Luck, let us know how it goes.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
hopeful wrote:
thank for your help, jen from the GOW board suggested helichrysum for me. i waiting to hear back from her on other products. does GOW sell misteres only, i couldnt find them. i was reading about jen green tea shea soap have you ever used it. here is a list of carriers i was thinking of getting. i have emu and jojoba so far for carrier oils

red raspberry
rosehip seed
evening prim rose
cammellia
kukui nut

and these are the EO's
geranium
clary sage
clove bud
jasmine (because i love the smell)

plus
pearl powder
azulene base
hydrosol
toner/cranberry
moisturizing gel (should i put my moisturizer on top of this or should this be my last step)

what ha's product from GOW would be good for my skin
i am 34, have no wrinkles(lucky in that area)
breakouts, but getting better. i am looking for a over all brightness and a more clearer complexion.

sorry for a llong post, just looked at it and you might get a headache Shock

Hi hopeful,

Jen will know a lot more than me for sure!

for overall brightening, you have to try the GoW daisy brightening serum. It is awesome and super affordable.

be careful with rose hip seed oil, i have heard that it can cause breakouts but is great for healing, so you may want to dilute it with another carrier oil. I know nothing about evening primrose oil. I would also suggest getting the smaller bottles of carrier oils (i always buy too much!).

as for the spritzer bottle, i would ask Markey since i am sure she has it, but it is not listed on her site (or not that i can find). You may even want to buy the small 1 oz hydrosols since those come with spritzers and are the perfect size to keep outside for use and order the larger sizes for refilling. I refrigerate the rest of my "refill" hydrosol.

and yes, i have used Jen's green tea shea soap. I really like it! It is emollient and not drying like most facial soaps can be. As i understand, Markey will be carrying Jen's green tea shea in liquid soap soon.

also, i use the moisturizing gel mixed with a carrier oil and pat that on top of my moisturizer. so i use it after.

I don't have experience with Markey's HA serum but i have heard the sampler packs are an awesome way to try a lot.

HTH,
Kristen

catski - Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
thank you so much, you were very helpful. thanks again

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I got my GOW package yesterday. Thanks, Markey.

And, thanks for the suggestions with the pearl powder, skincareaddicted. I mixed pearl with witch hazel and put it in the veggie base w/azulene along with some jojoba and liquid BG. I didn't really measure, because I just made a small amount to test. ( It wound up being a weeks worth. I think.) I put too much PP so there are bits in my cream, but they smooth in fine when I rub it in. This is my second day using it. My face is incredibly smooth and soft.

I also got the lemon grass cleanser (a suki recipe). I plan on using it tomorrow morning. It smells divine.

I have a sample of the daisy serum. I'm going to give it a go next week. I love the way they describe the results on the GOW board. I couldn't resist.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |