Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone else dig Amy Winehouse?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I just recently discovered her music this past month, I know she isnt much of a role model but, her voice is AMAZING! I love her sound. Any other fans?

Here is a profile of her from the Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/06/AR2007020601885.html

Here is a video interview with her and some live songs.
http://www.spinner.com/2007/01/30/the-dl-amy-winehouse-live-songs-and-interview/

Here is the video of the second single off her new CD, Back in Black: (YouTube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFVM5pVTwkM&eurl

Im so mad her stuff hasnt been released in the U.S.!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I know her stuff. She reminds me of a mix of Sarah Vaughn, Nina Simone, and Billie Holiday all wrapped up into one. Really awesome. Unfortunately, I'm betting she'll either be dead or burnt out before she hits 30.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Vonstella, I'd never heard of her 'til your post, but I listened to the clips and I agree...she's fantastic! What a voice. Hopefully she won't crash and burn...but at least for now, she's certainly putting out some music worth paying attention to.

Thanks for the heads up!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I cannot stop singing, .... they tried to make me go to rehab, but I said, NO, NO, NO!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
I cannot stop singing, .... they tried to make me go to rehab, but I said, NO, NO, NO!

Im starting to think that "Rehab" is Britney Spears new theme song! Embarassed

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
When I first heard her singing voice, I actually thought she was American. Although I probably wouldn't buy her music (I tend to prefer Indie/Alternative stuff), I think she's pretty amazing. Love the way she just does her own thing, stylewise, too.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have loved this girl since her first album which has a fantastic song combining footballer's wives and sexy shoes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
She has a wonderful voice, a real jazz voice, and her personal style has evolved into something distinctive and memorable.

She's a one - off.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
She has a wonderful voice, a real jazz voice, and her personal style has evolved into something distinctive and memorable.

She's a one - off.

Have you heard her speaking voice? She sounds like a Hells Angel! Smile
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so in love with her voice. Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
catski wrote:

She's a one - off.

Have you heard her speaking voice? She sounds like a Hells Angel! Smile

ha, I have. I saw her on Never Mind the Buzzcocks a coupla years ago I suppose it was now. She was a typical Palmers Green girl. Very Happy
SandyC123
5% products discount

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love Amy! I first heard of her a few months ago on myspace.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
If you go to YouTube, there's a kickass performance that she does (with Paul Weller) of "I Heard It Thru the Grapevine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP0MP3FXnFw
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
If you go to YouTube, there's a kickass performance that she does (with Paul Weller) of "I Heard It Thru the Grapevine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP0MP3FXnFw

That is SO good. It was on Jools Holland on NYE.

I love Paul Weller - the two of them have a great chemistry together.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Great voice -- shades of Dinah Washington, only a bit funkier. Thanks vonstella!!!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Great voice -- shades of Dinah Washington, only a bit funkier. Thanks vonstella!!!

Your welcome my dear! Im so glad I found her, I LOVE this type of music, so glad she is making it mainstream agian!

Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
She has an amazing voice!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:11 am      Reply with quote
I must have been hiding out, I'd never heard of her till recently. She does have an amazing voice though!
polylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Im afraid Im not a fan of hers Confused

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |