Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Please share tips on how to get rid of ring around toilet.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
It drives me nuts! I use Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner, but the ring stays on. What else can I use to get rid of the ring?
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Try bleach. I have one that for some reason looks stained within days of cleaning it. Bleach is the only thing that keeps it looking decent for more than a few days. I've tried just about everything on the market.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Try bleach. I have one that for some reason looks stained within days of cleaning it. Bleach is the only thing that keeps it looking decent for more than a few days. I've tried just about everything on the market.

2nd this. Let it soak for 30 mins or until the ring is gone.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
If it's a dark stain from the water, use a pumice stone to "erase" it. It has to be natural pumice (not synthetic) so it won't scratch the bowl. You can buy them very cheaply in the footcare aisle at the store.

Our water is sooo bad here that I have to do this every few months.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I 3rd the bleaching method. I pour a good amount into the toilet boil and just let it sit there and then come back and it's usually gone or may need a little help scrubbing, but usually the ring disappears.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
This is great! Bleach and pumice stone. I'll try them. Thank you!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I put tablets down the loo at bedtime that are to remove limescale, and that does the job for me...they foam and soak it off while we are all asleep.. because in London the build up of limescale is very fast and the bleach block I have in the cistern keeps the loo clean, but cant touch the limescale.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
If bleach and scrubbing doesn't do the job then you'll have to go to an acid soak. Those of us who have in ground swimming pools know this all to well. You have to add Muriatic Acid quite often to dissolve away build up on the tile and pool surface. Muriatic Acid is a form of Hydrochloric Acid. Get some at a pool supply store. Empty the water from the bowl and fill it with the acid to just over the ring stain area and let it stay for a day or two. Flush this down with water later and try scrubbing again. The porcelain will be crystal clear after an acid wash.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
let it stay for a day or two

do you pee in a can in the meantime? Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Good point! I was assuming that there would be access to two toilets! Well, kitty litter always works well, and then there are trips to the local store or gas station with a rest room, or a contest to see who can hold it the longest, etc. etc.

Bad Grin

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Call Merry Maids.... Laughing
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the clarification Laughing

We had to resort to the clandestine use of the local Home Depot bathroom for "bathing" and weeing during the 2003 blackout....there were a lot of 'shoppers' there at seven in the morning for 3 solid days... Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
The toilet cleanser from Watkins is a miracle. At the lake the water is really full of minerals (iron etc.) This stuff swishes it away. I'm in Canada and I think you can order online at Watkins.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
P.S. You can use the toilet immediately after.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Rubber gloves and green scratchy pan scrubs. If you do it regular it doesn't build up. Also white vinegar is better at removing limescale than bleach and more environmentally friendly too. Spot the girl who lives near the beach with raw sewerage pumped out on it Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Rubber gloves and green scratchy pan scrubs. If you do it regular it doesn't build up. Also white vinegar is better at removing limescale than bleach and more environmentally friendly too. Spot the girl who lives near the beach with raw sewerage pumped out on it Neutral

Will try the white vinegar, then. Thanks for ze tip.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I also use bleach, Clorox bleach powder.
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I used CLR for toilets and got rid of mine.
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
OK, we have awful water here and lime scale is a huge problem. Bleach, CLR, Lime Away, Magic Erasers, scrubbing pads, chipping away at it with a putty knife (really!) none of that works here.

Here are the only two things I've found that get rid of it:

Descale It - I prefer this one as it is gentle and safe for the environment - use every week. It works great and does not burn your nose hairs off like the next one I am going to list.

http://www.gaiam.com/retail/product/06-9630_MSTR

or for the high powered solution, Vanisol. This stuff is very poisonous - mostly hydrochloric acid. You can immediately see it start working - all the scale turns bright white and foams up. Your toilet will be sparkling clean. But the fumes are terrible, it burns your nose and throat if you get too close. And I am sure it is just as bad for the environment as it is for your nose and throat.

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/index.cfm/S/92/CLID/392/N/84357/Vanisol_Hi-Acid_Toilet_Bowl_Cleaner.htm
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Make a paste with some white vinegar and baking soda and give it a good scrub. If that doesn't work try the bleach route. And if that still doesn't work try something like CLR which is supposed to get rid of calcium, lime and rust deposits. It really depends on how long the stain has been there for. I had toilets at the cottage that were rust stained when I bought the place and could never get the stains to go away. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Here's my tip: Hire a cleaning person Laughing
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Another tip: get a new toilet!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I had some stains I couldn't get out and the only thing that worked for me was a cleaner called SnoBowl. I bought it at Wal-Mart.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Here's my tip: Hire a cleaning person Laughing

That certainly was MY solution.... Laughing

Salli's works for me too Cool
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I already hired a cleaning lady, and after she finished cleaning the bathroom, I saw that the ring in the toilet was still there, so I tried cleaning it myself. Much to my chagrin, it didn't come off either. I accidentally touched the Lysol Toiler Bowl cleaning solution on my finger, and OUCH! this stuff BURNED. I had to wash it off immediately with water. I could feel it eating away my skin. BUT it didn't get rid of the RING! I left it on for 1/2 hour. This is when I decided to turn to EDS for help. Smile

Ahh...buying a new toilet won't work either because that's too costly for my budget, and my toilet is pretty new. It was installed with my new addition just about a year ago.

I got so many GREAT advice. Thank you all. I have to try them.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |