Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) glotherapeutics Barrier Balm (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Free Silkia Camellia Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Just over a month ago, I bought 2 bottles of Silkia Camellia Oil. At the rate I'm using it it will take 8 months or so to finish the first bottle.

If anyone is interested, please pm me with your mailing address and I'll send you the unopened, still-in-box 2nd bottle.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, That's such a generous offer! Are you sure you can't keep it? What's the shelf life? If noone takes it I would like to sample it. But I would hate to take the whole bottle and not like it. Let me know if noone wants it, or maybe a few of us can get a few samples.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
It doesn't have a date on it. But, given the regs, I'd assume it's still good for 18 months to 2 years.

I really like it but I have so much stuff here I hate to see it just sit if someone can use it.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Arielle, what a generous offer! I just PM'd you Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I just got it, Athena, and responded. Thanks.

I have a taker.

Thanks everyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Arielle--What a generous offer. I myself when i was buying the silkia camellia oil was contemplating whether i should get more than one bottle of the smallest size, or more. the 2 oz is lasting quite awhile even though i add it to my hand cream at night.

Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
May I ask, please, what this oil's special properties for the skin are? I am completely ignorant of it .... Question
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:54 am      Reply with quote
nyonyakay--camellia oil is a very nice light oil, i think i read that it was the lightest oil, very quick absorbing. It is also very similar to oleic acid in the skin and is known for its pushing qualities--when applied on top of other products, can push them deeper into layers of the skin.

I find it a nice alternative to emu oil which is also high in oleic acid and is a pusher oil also.

It is very nice and light and a great oil that I can actually wear in the daytime on top of my moisturizer or mixed in with a serum.

you can find more information here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12849&highlight=camellia+oil

If you do a search for camellia oil, a lot of EDS threads will pop up.

Here is also a general article on camellia oil: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_oil

HTH, Kristen

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
May I ask, please, what this oil's special properties for the skin are? I am completely ignorant of it .... Question

this Silkia oil saved my skin ... cuz it has plumped up my depressed acne scars and normalized my oily skin, and made it more even toned.
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
do you all use it just as a moisturizer or healer or can you use it as a cleanser like OCM? I am currently using olive and castor oil for OCM and then pressing on more olive oil but sometimes its a little too "sheeny" for me. Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
gigiab6 wrote:
do you all use it just as a moisturizer or healer or can you use it as a cleanser like OCM? I am currently using olive and castor oil for OCM and then pressing on more olive oil but sometimes its a little too "sheeny" for me. Thanks

I use camellia oil as a moisturizer on my face. It firms, revitalizes, and enhances the texture of my skin, with 82% oleic acid, depends on which brand you buy. Camellia oil is my HG. I think it's way too expensive to use it for OCM though.
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Poohlisey,
Where do you get your oil? You mentioned that the oleic content can vary by brand. Also, I have been considering using HA along with a moisturizer, do you (or anyone else) know if HA still works with oil?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
i got my oil from www.goldportbeauty.com it has 82% oleic.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
gigiab6 wrote:

I use camellia oil as a moisturizer on my face. It firms, revitalizes, and enhances the texture of my skin, with 82% oleic acid, depends on which brand you buy. Camellia oil is my HG. I think it's way too expensive to use it for OCM though.

What is OCM?
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
OCM=Oil Cleansing Method, you can search for it in the forum for a description of what it is, how you do it and people's opinions. I am currently trying it out and so far, so good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
nyonyakay--camellia oil is a very nice light oil, i think i read that it was the lightest oil, very quick absorbing. It is also very similar to oleic acid in the skin and is known for its pushing qualities--when applied on top of other products, can push them deeper into layers of the skin.

I find it a nice alternative to emu oil which is also high in oleic acid and is a pusher oil also.

It is very nice and light and a great oil that I can actually wear in the daytime on top of my moisturizer or mixed in with a serum.

you can find more information here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12849&highlight=camellia+oil

If you do a search for camellia oil, a lot of EDS threads will pop up.

Here is also a general article on camellia oil: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_oil

HTH, Kristen

You are so right, Kristen. Camellia Oil is little short of amazing! It's lighter than the Emu (to me) and has a much more pleasant scent. It's probably psychological, but I've never adjusted well to the emu.

Silkia is my favorite brand of Camellia Oil. It penetrates completely and seems to replicate the lipid barrier without being at all oily-feeling--just silky-feeling. PLUS it seems to "pop out" those little pore plugs in no time flat. And, 4 drops of the Silkia Camellia Oil alone is my pre-color hair treatment oil. (I'm sure you remember CareKate's pre-color oil treatment. That's where I got the idea.)

Ari

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ari,
What do you mean by "it seems to "pop out" those little pore plugs in no time flat?" How do you use the oil?

Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
darn, I want the free bottle now! I like your discription.

Arielle wrote:
PLUS it seems to "pop out" those little pore plugs in no time flat.

Gunna have to buy it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
gigi, I use 3 drops rubbed in the palms of my hands and then "skimmed" lightly down from my forehead to my decollete. I got that trick from Panda when trying to use Skin Actives' Every Lipid Serum (ELS), which I complained about being too heavy. A very light application is all that's needed.

The thing about the Camellia Oil is that it seems to balance the production of natural oil (in much the same way that Ylang Ylang Oil does) so that your skin is hydrated where it's dry and less oily where you normally have a lot of oil. As for the "pore plugs", it lifts them out so that, when you cleanse your face, they just wash away.

HTH

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
gigi, I use 3 drops rubbed in the palms of my hands and then "skimmed" lightly down from my forehead to my decollete. I got that trick from Panda when trying to use Skin Actives' Every Lipid Serum (ELS), which I complained about being too heavy. A very light application is all that's needed.

The thing about the Camellia Oil is that it seems to balance the production of natural oil (in much the same way that Ylang Ylang Oil does) so that your skin is hydrated where it's dry and less oily where you normally have a lot of oil. As for the "pore plugs", it lifts them out so that, when you cleanse your face, they just wash away.

HTH

Ari

Ari, if I have dry skin, then this is not good for me, right?

I'm looking for a good carrier oil to mix with my helichrysum oil as this oil is proven (in my mind) to be the magical oil that will get rid of my stretch marks once and for all, so I just wanted a little input on if this would be a good oil to use with helichrysum. Any idea?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
If you have dry skin, you'll LOVE this oil. Seriously, it does replicate the lipid barrier nicely and it sounds like yours could be a bit depleted. Use a serum with HA and/or Sodium PCA to bring moisture to the surface of your skin. Then layer the Camellia Oil lightly over that.

Ari

I haven't tried mixing it with my Helichrysum but that sounds like a great idea!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
If you have dry skin, you'll LOVE this oil. Seriously, it does replicate the lipid barrier nicely and it sounds like yours could be a bit depleted. Use a serum with HA and/or Sodium PCA to bring moisture to the surface of your skin. Then layer the Camellia Oil lightly over that.

Ari

I haven't tried mixing it with my Helichrysum but that sounds like a great idea!

Wonderful! Someone is selling it on Ebay not too expensively. But I don't know what expensive or not is as I have never bought one before. What is the normal price for this oil?

I bought Sodium PCA from SAS, and will make a DMAE serum with it (need to get my butt to the store to buy distilled water - just got some 99% aloe gel, but would prefer 100%). I am dragging my feet on making the DMAE serum b/c I'm scared of messing it up. Smile
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
If it's the one expiring in April 2008, then it's about a third less than I paid for my two bottles ($18.95 each). So, yes, it's a great deal. Nice that she listed the expiration date. Not all sellers do.

Ari

The only way you can "mess up" your DMAE serum is to put too much DMAE in to start. Of course, I'm assuming you haven't used DMAE before. If it stings add more aloe vera or distilled water to bring it down to a level you tolerate easily. Then, over time, you can build up to a stronger concentration. JMHO

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:

Ari

Camellia oil works the best for my sensitive skin. I don't break out at all! And I do have t-zones.. especially on my nose.. Camellia oil helps control my face oils. It's amazing. You should get it! Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
If it's the one expiring in April 2008, then it's about a third less than I paid for my two bottles ($18.95 each). So, yes, it's a great deal. Nice that she listed the expiration date. Not all sellers do.

Ari

The only way you can "mess up" your DMAE serum is to put too much DMAE in to start. Of course, I'm assuming you haven't used DMAE before. If it stings add more aloe vera or distilled water to bring it down to a level you tolerate easily. Then, over time, you can build up to a stronger concentration. JMHO

Thanks, Ari. I think you're actually my inspiration on making DMAE serum when you talked about using it to firm up the girls. I have bought a sample of Candy's 4% DMAE, and am using SAS 4% DMAE. I tolerate it well as I see no reactions. The girls seem rather happy. My tummy - not sure yet since I got some light stretch marks there, which makes it harder for the skin to firm up, I think. But I won't quit trying. I will follow the formula that SAS provides with the purchase. The Aloe Vera gel I bought is from Trader Joe's and it got parabens in it, which is another thing that makes me hesitate to use it because I'll be putting this on my girls, and I read parabens may cause breast cancer. Maybe I'll stick with just distiller water. OR try to find 100% aloe vera gel.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

pH Advantage High Potency Effective Vitamin C Serum (51 ml / 1.75 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glotion for Body (150 ml / 5 floz) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml)