Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Free Silkia Camellia Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
gigiab6 wrote:
Poohlisey,
Where do you get your oil? You mentioned that the oleic content can vary by brand. Also, I have been considering using HA along with a moisturizer, do you (or anyone else) know if HA still works with oil?

I've tried Silkia Camellia Oil before, and now switched to Ren Guang Do Camellia Oil, because it's a little cheaper. I LOVE this oil, and honestly don't think I can live without it! Ren Guang Do's Camellia oil is a little cheaper, $9 + free shipping at www.sasa.com, for 3oz.

http://web2.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=101641805001

Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
gigiab6 wrote:
Ari,
What do you mean by "it seems to "pop out" those little pore plugs in no time flat?" How do you use the oil?

Thanks

There's many ways of using it, but I just love to use it straight. Smile
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Camellia oil has a great fatty acid profile and looks like it would be wonderful for the skin, but a few Silkia Cammelia Oil users on Makeup Alley appear to have broken out from it: http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=68927/Silkia_Camellia_Oil/Unlisted_Brand/Treatments/
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to break out (yeah, old broads do, too) from anything oily but that hasn't been true of camellia oil. Sometimes it's not what you use but how you apply it.

JMHO

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
I tend to break out (yeah, old broads do, too) from anything oily but that hasn't been true of camellia oil. Sometimes it's not what you use but how you apply it.

JMHO

Ari

You've just piqued my curiousity: what is the technique for applying oils so as not to break out?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
Arielle wrote:

JMHO

Ari

You've just piqued my curiousity: what is the technique for applying oils so as not to break out?

i believe she explained it earlier in the thread (and it works very nicely):
Quote:
I use 3 drops rubbed in the palms of my hands and then "skimmed" lightly down from my forehead to my decollete. I got that trick from Panda when trying to use Skin Actives' Every Lipid Serum (ELS), which I complained about being too heavy. A very light application is all that's needed.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Camellia oil has never broken me out before.. Even if I use a large amount. My skin is MAJORLY sensitive, too.
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
Camellia oil has never broken me out before.. Even if I use a large amount. My skin is MAJORLY sensitive, too.

OOh, this sounds like a product that I got to try, and the part mentioned about removing oil plugs Surprised Wow! I was just going to post about blackhead help. I have a few that popped up on my nose after a try of one brand of MMU that didn't agree with my skin (It was dry looking so i applied a lotion first, and I think the combo of mmu w/ lotion was clogging)
So, it's light and good for sensitive skin? Hmmm, got to save up LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
praia98 wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

OOh, this sounds like a product that I got to try, and the part mentioned about removing oil plugs Surprised Wow! I was just going to post about blackhead help. I have a few that popped up on my nose after a try of one brand of MMU that didn't agree with my skin (It was dry looking so i applied a lotion first, and I think the combo of mmu w/ lotion was clogging)
So, it's light and good for sensitive skin? Hmmm, got to save up LOL

Yup! The oil is really light. I'm prone to eczema too.. and almost anything can easily cause my eczema to flare up. Camellia oil doesn't! You can lightly wear camellia oil under your MMU too, if your skin is extremely dry. Smile
praia98
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Great!!! thanks will definitely check this out Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle, I think you are right in that it might not be the oil breaking someone out, but the amount used.

I have only tried the silkia camellia oil which is the one I currently have, but I might try another trusted source for it once I run out. I am not sure if there's going to be much difference. Anyone used other sources before and feel a difference?

camellia oil is one of those oils for all skin types I believe.

I also find that jojoba is great for regulating oil production on my scalp when I pour some into my shampoo. i would try it with camellia but it is a bit more expensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Arielle, I think you are right in that it might not be the oil breaking someone out, but the amount used.

I have only tried the silkia camellia oil which is the one I currently have, but I might try another trusted source for it once I run out. I am not sure if there's going to be much difference. Anyone used other sources before and feel a difference?

camellia oil is one of those oils for all skin types I believe.

I also find that jojoba is great for regulating oil production on my scalp when I pour some into my shampoo. i would try it with camellia but it is a bit more expensive.

I just ordered camellia, argan, and squalane from an Ebay seller. She is very responsive. Hopefully her products will be good. The price doesn't seem too expensive. I can let you know if I like her oils or not.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |