Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need some help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gabriel
5% products discount

Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!

If you guys can't remember the first time i posted on this forum, it was when I got my first extraction..... and how painful it was. Anyway, my mum just bought the products that was not labelled properly and she asked me to use it.

I have been using it for about a week now and my face is really peeling badly. I'm not sure if that's suppose to happen. My face is getting really dry but i still get pimples. My skin feels really tight and when i wash it with the products it stings! and when i put the product on it stings! Oh and it gets itchy too! really itchy!

Please advise on what to do. Should i stop using this and get back to my old routine?

Products included:
Hypo Cleanser
Yellow soap
SCS3
SCS2
SPF 30
RA
Placenta cream

Everytime i put anything on it really stings. Help! Crying or Very sad
Mabsy

Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gabby,

With those symptoms I would definitely be stopping! I hope you have something like Decleor Harmonie Essentiel to soothe your skin and get rid of the flakiness/itch. Use something gentle first then go back to your skin routine. If your skin routine was gentle to begin with then that's fine but if you were using things like AHAs, BHAs etc then let your skin heal a bit first.

Mabsy
Gabriel
5% products discount

Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy!

I don't have the product you suggested but i do have rose hip oil, would that help?

Most of my products are pretty strong, like dermalogica clay cleanser. What about cetaphil? would it help?

Thanks for coming to my rescue again Very Happy
You're an angel!
Mabsy

Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I don't know much about rose hip oil (haven't yet tried the Kosmea sample I recently acquired Laughing ) but from what I have read it should be ok. Make sure it's something that you've used before and know for sure that you are not going to get a reaction.

I also haven't used Cetaphil but many people that have sensitive skin do use it, so if you have that on hand then it might be a good idea. Stay away from clay-based cleansers until your skin recovers though.

Hope it's better already!
Mabsy
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:14 am      Reply with quote
poor gabriel!
i would say stop using the products immediately!!!!
rose hip oil should be ok, just be careful not to be tempted to put a lot on in an attempt to sooth your skin because it might also cause more pimples. but it sounds like your skin could use a really nice long drink of some moisture and nourishment and the oil is good for that. just be super gentle and lightly press the oil into your skin and try not to rub it in.

Wink
lamicuz
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:46 am      Reply with quote
the first thing I would do is STOP.

the next thing is what to apply on your skin while it is healing. Personally I would go for the purest product I could find as you don't want your skin reacting to some combination cream basically you don't know what you're reacting to.

I'd go back to something simple. an oat and honey mask. I've tried it and used it. Oatmilk is soothing and should help with the itching and honey helps bind moisture. Here's what you do. Boil up a pan of oats/oatmeal add plenty of water NOT MILK until you get that creamy fluid that sits on top of the pan - this is the oatmilk you want.
spoon it off in to a bowl and add a teaspoon of honey - if you want to make it more of an exfoliater use the oats & oatmilk don't forget don't apply it straight from the pan.

Anyway stir in the honey and oatmilk and it'll be a sticky mask you can slather on your dry, itchy sensitive bits. Just use it as mask as often as you want and don't use any other products that may aggrevate your skin. Just use a cool washcloth the wipe away the excess.

I used this when I tried a retinol treatment and my skin peeled Crying or Very sad
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |