Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Flirt cosmetics at Kohl's - Similar to MAC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
My sister loves this line for it's price and likeness to MAC. Apparently they have the same parent company. Anyone else try the line? It is sold exclusively at Kohl's. I checked out some of her stuff and the colors were very nice!

http://www.flirtcosmetics.com/

:)Renee

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder is the parent company. Estee owns MAC also but they also own Clinique, Prescriptives, Origins, La Mer, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Bumble and Bumble, Darphin, Rodan + Fields, American Beauty, Good Skin, Flirt, Donna Karan (beauty products), Jo Malone, Michael Kors (beauty products), Kiton, Tommy Hilfiger (beauty products), Lab Series for Men, Aramis, Donald Trump - The Fragrance, grassroots, Sean John Fragrances (beauty products) and MISSONI (beauty products). So they own half of cosmetics.
http://www.elcompanies.com/our_brands.asp

L'Oreal owns a lot of companies also:
http://www.loreal.com/_en/_ww/index.aspx?direct1=00003&direct2=00003/00001

Luxury Products:
Lancome
Biotherm
Helena Rubinstein
Kiehls
Shu Uemura
Giorgio Armani
Ralph Lauren
Cacharel
Viktor and Rolf

Active Products:
Vichy
La Roche Posay
Inneov
SkinCeuticals

Consumer Products
Garnier
L'Oreal Paris
Le Club des Createurs
Maybelline NY
Softsheen.Carson

Professional Products:
L'Oreal Professionnel
Kerastase
Redken
Matrix
Mizani

LVMH ( Louis Vuitton Moet Hennesy) owns a lot of beauty and fragrance brands also:
Christian Dior
Guerlain
Givenchy
Kenzo Parfums
La Brosse et Dupont
Benefit
Fresh
Make Up For Ever
Acqua di Parma
Perfumes Loewe
plus Sephora!! and a plethora of other fashion and leather goods, watches and jewelry, wines and spirits.
Interesting huh?!!
Some of those marketing graphics (pics) look very similar to the MAC pic style....hmmmm...
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Boy!! Their prices are not that much cheaper than MAC. The lipgloss and lipsticks are $10 and MAC's are $14 and Flirt's marcara's are $10 and MAC's are mostly $11. Drugstore brands are getting pricey these days!
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Flirt blushes and like them. I have 3 now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I really like the make-up at Kohls' - prices are reasonable, adequate testers, and no snotty SA's when you need to do a return (they don't work on commission so they don't care if you use & return).

I have a HG eyeshadow & HG lipstick from there as well as several eyeliners.

I also use their "all right mattifying gel" as a primer and just purchased their "all calm gentle sunscreen" spf 25 - chemical free.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
...and I am off to Kohl's...
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Flirt is a really nice line. I especially love their "I'M WHIPPED™ EYESHADOW MOUSSE". I like it a lot better as an eye shadow base than mac's paints. the mousse is easier to spread, and is more subtle than they look in the pot.

kohls also always seems to have a sale in one form or another for their cosmetics.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how the Flirt eyeshadows compare to MAC eyeshadows? I like MAC eyeshadows because of the color selection, vibrancy, and also lasting power, so I'm interested to hear how Flirt stacks up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Flirt (and American Girl, which is Kohl's other make-up brand) shadows wears just as well as Mac's.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Flirt blushes are great! pigmented and gorgeous color selection and finishes. Not to mention they are relatively cheaper.

I also like their skunk brush (it's called feather-dust-it or something). It's like a cheaper version of MAC skunk brush (mac is definitely better though). But it still works fine in applying extremely pigmented blushes.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:25 am      Reply with quote
i have got 3 blushes from Flirt:
♠ SweetSurrender
♠ Sweet Desire
♠ HeartThrob

the packing is nice and somewhat different from the other blushes packing. it also come with a brush inside the case. color and texture wise, i would say value for money. color can be picked up easily and they are rather pigment as well.

their Feather-Dust-Her blush (iirc) is say to be somewhat similar to MAC #187 blush. and i agree with sparkle that MAC's brush texture of definitely better but this flirt blush the price that you are paying, i would say its pretty decent as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks heaps for the info on this thread. You can learn a lot about a product if you know who owns it. Cheers Razz
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |