Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) Glominerals Contour Kit - Medium to Dark (13.2 g / 0.46 oz)
pure luxe correctors
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
has anyone used any of these? i was interested in the what red? corrector and maybe some of the ones to help brighten the eye area . . .
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Sark,I've got both Perky Pink and What Red?
I like PP for brightening up the eye area. I bought WR? to hide a spider vein on my chin, but I find that it doesn't do a great job. I typically apply it under MMU foundation, but by the time I've finished adding my layers, its gone! I've had far better success just applying an extra layer of whichever MMU foundation I'm using. I also noticed with WR? that it leaves a greenish tinge (I might have been overdoing it though).

Hope this helps and I'm sure others will chime in with more advice Very Happy
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
... I bought WR? to hide a spider vein on my chin, but I find that it doesn't do a great job. I typically apply it under MMU foundation, but by the time I've finished adding my layers, its gone! I've had far better success just applying an extra layer of whichever MMU foundation I'm using. I also noticed with WR? that it leaves a greenish tinge (I might have been overdoing it though). ...

Sark and Anya, I got a sample of the What Red? corrector to use on my left cheek, which tends toward redness. Anya, you're right - it left a tinge, but on me, it looked greenish and dirty. It did not work to cancel the red, just to highlight that now I had a strange dirty spot on my cheek. I tried mixing it in with my MMU and applying it heavy, light, and in between. It did not work no matter what I did with it - and again, you're right - the only thing that helps is to use an extra layer of MMU.

I would not purchase a large size of the What Red? and am glad I only got a sample! I binned it after it was obvious it wasn't working at all. Otherwise, I love Pure Luxe products.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I got a few samples of some of the Pure Luxe products a couple of years ago. I found the same problem with the What Red, if you're not careful and don't blend really well you can end up with a noticeable green tinge to your skin, but the texture of the products is great. I also tried the undereye concealer and found that worked really well. The product I really liked from Pure Luxe though was the Eraser, it works wonders!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I bought samples of the banana and the what red. I have yellow tones in my skin, and the red did nothing for me. so I ended up tossing the red sample. I use the YSL Touche Eclat in Med usually every day. Its wonderful!!
MichelleH
5% products discount

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use the What Red? religiously and I find that it needs to be applied very sparingly. If you are getting too much of a greenish-gray cast, you may want to try a corrector from J. Lynne. She has a Mint one and also a yellow-green one.(I can't remember the exact name) The Y.G. one is kind of like a lime color. That may work better for some of you that are getting too gray.

HTH!
Michelle
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a bunch of samples from Pure Luxe. I found the "what red" does not work for me. It has a gray green cast no matter what I tried.

I also found the same thing with other "mint" or green type correctors.

I am currently using Lumiere light concealer first then a layer of Lumiere powder foundation. This seems to work best.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) Benir Beauty BV-9 Platinum Provectus Super Serum with Bee Venom (50 g / 1.7 floz)