Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I feel like I need a personal consultant!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I've been hanging out on this board for a while and I have learned so much. Yet, I feel more confused than ever. I wish I had someone to give me personal advice on skincare for my sensitive, flaky, acne-prone skin since there are so many products and so many opinions.

When I first found y'all I was using Anna Bellina products, but wasn't completely happy with them and didn't want to support the poor customer service I was expecting.

Then I tried using Dr. H products and DIY toner with jojoba oil. The DHCC broke me out and the DHCM left my skin dull and heavy.

Now I am using Zenbiotics. I feel like their cleanser is a bit drying/stripping for me, but I really like the Oxytoner and Phyto Moisture. It feels like my skin can 'breathe' more with these products than with the Dr. H ones. My goal is to find a new cleanser and maybe try their Moisture Enrich (I have to pace myself with buying new products for the moment!).

I also LOVE Epidermix II, but evidently I am not 'supposed' to be using that with the Zenbiotics products. I don't notice any visible harm to my skin by combining these and my acne has actually decreased. The EpiII helps with the flakes among other things.

And then there are things like Vit. C, suncreen, (I *hate* suncreen and am sorry to say I don't use one- they are all too thick or break me out), BHA/AHA (still haven't figured out what these are/do). I have used Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel for Sensitive skin once on my forehead and it felt like it was burning me after 30 seconds.

So, as you can see... I'm confused! I don't really know where to start and I feel like I would be throwing too many questions at all of you! I guess I am asking for advice- but if this seems like too much info to be asking for here, feel free to give me suggestions on how to find someone that can offer more personalized advice.

Thank you so much!

Shawna
Very Happy
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna, check out the reviews on the EDS board for Sophina sunscreen. It's good on acne prone skin. Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
And then there are things like Vit. C, suncreen, (I *hate* suncreen and am sorry to say I don't use one- they are all too thick or break me out), BHA/AHA (still haven't figured out what these are/do). Very Happy

Shawna, if your skin is sensitive now, stay away from Vit. C, BHA/AHA etc. I think what you should do first is to get your skin into stable and healthy state. So start from basic skin care might be helpful.

I have sensitive skin myself. I tried many products. I think everyone's skin is different. You just have to try and find the ones working for you. For cleanser, I am using la mer cleansing milk. It does the job and does not cause trouble for my skin. I use photomer face dew as toner, then daphin hydra light for moistrurizer.

Sunscreen, it's definitely needed to protect your skin. I like Sofini and Shiseido sunscreens.

Good luck.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shawna! I agree with j0g6345 --- forget about vitamin C if it causes you problems. Also, instead of a sunscreen why not try using a MMU? They offer excellent coverage.

As for a new face cleanser, I've been using the Triple Lavender Face Foam from greatnewskin.com and I love it--- it's very gentle. However, I only use it once a day---at night--- then in the morning I use Zenbiotic's Rinseless Cleanser which I would definitely recommend for you if you're having issues with dryness. Of course I would definitely keep up the EII---- I use mine everyday, and it's the best thing that ever happened to me! And oh yes, definitely pick up the Moisture Enrich when you can. It's very hydrating, but your skin can still "breathe." Hope this answers some of your questions--- feel free to ask any more that you have!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I used to be super confused, too, and my routines would take me over an hour to complete. Now I've simplified it due mostly to laziness and my love of sleep.

What I end up doing is cleanse my face, then apply a night treatment I was already using and felt comfy with, but now I added actives to it (GABA, CoQ10, DMAE, Melatonin, Ester C, and AntiOx booster which I got them from skinactives.com). I feel that I got myself a super cream there. I then apply an eye cream, and I'm done.

Then I put on the Lightstim on various spots of my face about 45-60 secs per spot. I'm trying this product out to see if it helps my skin at all to give it a fair chance before I decided to keep it or not.

In the morning, I just use the day cream which I didn't add much stuff to it. It already got SPF 30. I bought a sample size of this from someone not on this site. I'm not crazy about it, but just using it so I won't waste it.
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Bkkgirl- thanks for sharing your routine. I like simplicity, too! 'Tis quite important to me, actually. Smile

Liz- I haven't tried a Vit C yet, but maybe that's just as well with my sensitive skin. I've been eyeing the MMU posts, too, so that is definitely going to be one of my in-the-near-future purchases! Also, I have been DYING to try the Triple Lavnder Face Foam! I emailed Amy but she says that they are only selling it as part of a package, and I only want the cleanser. Alas. Is there anywhere else I can get it that you know of?

j0g6345- Thanks for the sunscreen recommendations. I will definitely look into those. Also, thanks for the tip about avoiding a Vit C and AHA/BHA. One less thing to think about!

c4ward- Thanks for the recommendation! I've seen that sunscreen on the boards quite a bit lately. Another one to investigate!

Also, can anyone tell me what they think about O2 serums? I'm thinking of picking one up.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I love PSF O2 serum and it really calms the skin and helps skin to heal, including fighting acne. Some users don't see persistent results from using it and drop it out of their routine very soon. But, I am completely the opposite. I am on my 6th bottle of O2 serum and I am like addicted to it and wish it can be cheaper so I can use it more often Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Wildcat! Oh, so many products on my list... Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g)