Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
eyebags due to lack of sleep...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gsr98

Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
It's a common belief that insufficient sleep gives you eye-bags because of the poor blood circulation. If that is the case then the eye-bags i have right now is due to the lack of sleep I've been getting lately for the past months... Sometimes I've even go 24 hours without sleeping...

My questions are: since its not genetic could i get rid of my eye-bags by sleeping more often? Using a cold cucumber or tea bags will accelerate the speed to get rid of eye-bags? Is this all temporary treatment and surgery is the only permanent way to remove eye-bags or dark circles around my eyes?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:45 am      Reply with quote
find a Vitamins K eye product to help increase the blood circulation under eyes and remove dark eye circles

e.g. Peterthomasroth power k rescue
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Ming. K products can be very helpful. But I have heard that green tea bags and cold cucumber does help. I also think a cold washcloth in the AM while laying down can do wonders.
Mabsy

Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I don't quite get your question. You're saying that you don't get much sleep. If that is the case and you know for a fact that the bags under your eyes are not genetic (and you didn't have them before) then getting more sleep should definitely help (plus it's good for the rest of your body! Laughing ).

Are we talking about dark circles here or bags under the eyes? I heard that eye products with caffeine are good at reducing puffiness. Murad Essential C Eye Cream, for example, has caffeine and some vit C in it, both of which should help. Clarins also makes a gel with caffeine in it, but it doesn't have the SPF15 protection.

You could also do a compress of cold green tea (as betterat40 pointed out). Also, try sleeping with your head slightly elevated to encourage lymphatic draining away from the eye area.

Mabsy
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I was going to say what Mabsy recommended but also, do you think it could also be Allergies?

Why are you not getting enough sleep?
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Help!!!!!!!!!!!

I have eye bag problems too. I have been using all the good products, Cellcosmet and PTR Eye Rescue, that people recommended. I don't know why they do not work on my eye areas. I founf that the lines around my eye areas are more prominent and eye bags are bigger.

Thank you,

Rose
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Rose, that's no fun. I have heard that if you have chronic allergies, you will have dark circles and puffiness. The sinuses are right there where the circles and puffiness show up and if they are constantly draining, the area will look darker and collect fluid. I think Vitamin K products work because they improve the circulation there allowing the extra fluid etc. to be carried away in the bloodstream....I always look better after taking antihistamines since I live in Allergy central here in Austin. Definite allergy shot candidate but can't stand the thought of shots everyday for a year and then 50% chance they won't work....Concealer! Yes, that's the ticket! (and a refridgerated wet washcloth).
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:27 am      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
Rose, that's no fun. I have heard that if you have chronic allergies, you will have dark circles and puffiness. The sinuses are right there where the circles and puffiness show up and if they are constantly draining, the area will look darker and collect fluid. I think Vitamin K products work because they improve the circulation there allowing the extra fluid etc. to be carried away in the bloodstream....I always look better after taking antihistamines since I live in Allergy central here in Austin. Definite allergy shot candidate but can't stand the thought of shots everyday for a year and then 50% chance they won't work....Concealer! Yes, that's the ticket! (and a refridgerated wet washcloth).

I believe people who have allergies get what the doctors call "racoon eyes" actually my cousin suffers from this but alas i share with her what i learn here how to cover her eye area! Exclamation
gsr98

Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:13 am      Reply with quote
vitamin K? the one that came in tablets or capsules?

Thanks for the replies!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Not oral vitamin K but topical products that contain vitamin K to help with the circulation there. I think PeterThomasRoth has a good K eye gel....
Mabsy

Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Yep, it's the Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue one (at least it worked well for me on my dark circles). DDF also makes one (Erase Eye Gel?) and I think Fantasia is using (and liking) it at the moment. Not sure about its effectiveness.

I think the vitamin K might help the dark circles but I'm not so sure if it will be as effective on the eye bags as other things might be. Caffeine is supposed to be good for those. And I mean a cream with caffeine in them - drinking more caffeine will lead to less sleep which will lead to nothing good Razz
L4m0nt

Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Is the deepdark-thingy/eyebag under the eye only cause by lack of sleep or being a 'night-owl' too? I mean, I believe I'm not lacking sleep and just not at the common hours. There are times that I'm up late but I do pay for the lack of sleep and sleep even more than that most of the time. But still I got the deepdark-thingy under my eye.
Mabsy

Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:22 am      Reply with quote
There could be many other reasons too. Allergies, poor lymphatic draining and the fact that they can be hereditary. I don't think it matters when you sleep, as long as your body is in a REGULAR routine of adeqate quality sleep. However, if you go for 24 hours without sleep and then catch up on the sleep then it's quite likely that they are caused (or compounded) by lack of sleep.

L4m0nt wrote:
Is the deepdark-thingy/eyebag under the eye only cause by lack of sleep or being a 'night-owl' too? I mean, I believe I'm not lacking sleep and just not at the common hours. There are times that I'm up late but I do pay for the lack of sleep and sleep even more than that most of the time. But still I got the deepdark-thingy under my eye.
Tracy
5% products discount

Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Visine AC (the allergy formula) along with eye cream helps me when I have bags from not sleeping.
L4m0nt

Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Allergies?... from what? Smile Well, I don't think I have that one and... hereditary? I'm sure my parents doesn't have deep eye bags and I don't have one when I'm still young. Maybe, I guess. It only appeared when I started staying up late before... which is quite a habit of most teenagers I believe. Smile But I'm pretty sure I'm paying for the lost hours of sleep. Thanks. I'll start trying Vitamin K, Teabag/Cucumber things and the Eye gels/Visine AC. CIAO!
Mabsy

Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Dust/pollen allergies for example. They stuff up your sinuses which causes congestion in the area and poor drainage. If this started when you started staying up late then that's most probably your culprit Smile
L4m0nt

Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, that's probably it. I've an Insomnia on me I guess... dunno why my mind thinks/have ideas better during the night. That's why I'm a Night Owl and works at that time sometimes. I'm hoping those Eye Gels/Vicine AC and Cucumbers quickens the cure while I try to set my sleeps on regular basis from now own. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |