Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sunglasses...I need new sunglasses...What's your fav brand?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
wildflower wrote:
I love my Oakley Halos/Haylons. They are fantastic. So much so I have been dying to get another pair in another colour on Ebay since they have discontinued the style. Sad Alwyas seems to happen to me when I fall in love with something. I also like my Adrienne Vitadini glasses for a more classic and sophisticated look.

Aren't you afraid they wouldn't fit well if you bought on Ebay?

Has anyone heard of Serengetti (sp?)? I saw this at Costco. Doesn't look too shabby.

Well, I would know how they fit because I already have a pair. Plus if you are buying a pair of sunglasses on ebay it's always best to try on the same pair at your local shop to see if the frame fits well.

Serengetti is a great brand too. They don't have a very wide selection of styles, but they are well-made quality sunglasses.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl - Those are a great shape for your face Exclamation
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
They look good on you Smile I would get a pair for myself too if I could!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I wear Wiley X Prescription glasses.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I've been a sunglass fanatic since I was a teenager. I remember people giving me grief when I was in high school. I hate to squint - it gives me a headache.

I had a pair of Serengetti's for 5 years ( Shock !) back in the 80's that I finally had to get rid of because they were so scratched. Serengetti's are great driving glasses - they really highlight the color contrast.

I had a pair of Rayban's that I didn't like so much because they were smaller and sunlight would get in over the top of the lenses, making me do the dreaded squint. Plus they were wire-rimmed, which meant I couldn't stick them on top of my head without destroying my hairstyle (those danged nose pieces).

My latest faves were a pair of Costa del Mar that fit my face perfectly, they were really dark, had GREAT lenses (they were completely distortion free) and they were a plastic tortoiseshell that looked great with my hair & coloring. Last summer my hubby decided to try to throw them to me while I was on a float in the lake and they now reside at the bottom of Lake Allatoona Sad . I'm currently wearing a pair of Wallie World cheapos - but they are polarized and they FLOAT! I plan on buying another pair of Costa del Mar's (at HIS expense of course Smile ) now that the sunny season is almost upon us. I'll just make sure I'm NOT wearing them when I'm on the boat (it seems like the more expensive an item is, the faster it sinks - I bet the lake bottom is rich in watches, cell phones & sunglasses!)

I like polarized glasses too, but a lot of people hate them. I also like really dark lenses - but they have to block UVA/UVB/broad spectrum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Marci, Tjsmom, and Lynn, for your input. I got promoted by my bf from being a Yoko Ono to an Audrey Hepburn with these glasses. I much prefer him calling me Audrey when I wear these glasses than Yoko when wearing the other little wire-rimmed glasses (what was I thinking?)

So I think I can really splurge and go back to Forever 21 and buy another spare pair of these glasses. They feel pretty good and the price can't be beat.
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Forever 21 has some awesome stuff and those look good!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately I tried these in bright sunlight, and they let in the sun way too much, so I still squinted a bit. They also made my view distorted, and when I was waiting to cross the street, and had to step down from a curb, I didn't realize my view was distorted and I almost fell over. LOL

I found a pair of Ray-Ban my brother gave me a while ago and put them on. They don't distort my view at all, and when I wore them in the bright daylight, I was fine. No squinting! So I guess there's something to be said about cheaper glasses vs more expensive ones.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
C, I think that the shape of those sunglasses fits your face perfectly! They look wonderful on you. Maybe what you could do is use them as an example and go to a store that sells better quality sunglasses and get a pair just like them? If you love the frames so much (and they ARE perfect for you), you could always have the lenses replaced with high quality, broad spectrum and distortion free lenses. Just a thought.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:25 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
C, I think that the shape of those sunglasses fits your face perfectly! They look wonderful on you. Maybe what you could do is use them as an example and go to a store that sells better quality sunglasses and get a pair just like them? If you love the frames so much (and they ARE perfect for you), you could always have the lenses replaced with high quality, broad spectrum and distortion free lenses. Just a thought.

That's a great idea! Thanks for suggesting this. I wonder where can I go for just lenses. I never thought to do it this way, but it sounds really cool.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:39 am      Reply with quote
What about one of those walk-in eyeglass shops? I bet they could help you out. I'm sure the lenses won't be cheap, but because they aren't prescription, they probably won't be too costly, either.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:06 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:

That's a great idea. I've done that with prescription glasses before and was glad I did as I ended up sitting on the glasses.

That's a great idea! Thanks for suggesting this. I wonder where can I go for just lenses. I never thought to do it this way, but it sounds really cool.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Costa Del Mar

I have always bought cheap sunglasses. Well, I buy cheap everything (until I found EDS!). However, after much recommendation by my SO, who only likes the best of everything, I decided to spend $150 on these. I loooooove them. I've had them for a year now. They are so sturdy - I drop them all the time and they are not scratched at all, they are pretty much in the same condition I purchased them. They come with a hard carrying case and a lifetime guarantee. They don't stretch out - they keep their shape. I feel confident w/ the UV protection (I was never sure w/ the cheap ones) and b/c they are polarized I feel I actually see BETTER when wearing them, especially when driving or out on the boat. I would say the style is casual/sporty. I purchased mine at Outdoor World, but I'm sure you could go online and find a retailer close to you.

I have now been converted. With sunglasses, as with skincare, sometimes you gotta spend $$$ to get the best results. Good luck w/ you search!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
If I could afford them I'd get Oliver Peoples!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I can mention to my boyfriend that I want Costa Del Mar or Oliver Peoples for my bday. LOL I don't think he'd ever take a hint unless I spell it out for him.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not picky when it comes to sunglasses. I usually lose them or scratch them, or break them. I have afew pairs floating around. I actually have a pair of Armani ones that my dad found and gave to me. They're practically brand new, and I did wear them for awhile (after disinfecting them, of course), but my boyfriend said they didn't suit my face shape. he was right. I was only wearing them because they were Armani. The ones I'm favoring now are Nine West or something.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I'm not picky when it comes to sunglasses. I usually lose them or scratch them, or break them. I have afew pairs floating around. I actually have a pair of Armani ones that my dad found and gave to me. They're practically brand new, and I did wear them for awhile (after disinfecting them, of course), but my boyfriend said they didn't suit my face shape. he was right. I was only wearing them because they were Armani. The ones I'm favoring now are Nine West or something.

My most fave sunglasses were Nine West, too, which I bought at Ross for $20. However I stepped on them, and could not find another pair like them since. The second Nine West pair I also bought at Nine West made everything look distorted, so I stopped wearing them.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
I love my Gucci's!

me too...
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so maybe I can hint to my boyfriend that for my bday this year I want either a Gucci, Costa Del Mar, or Oliver Peoples sunglasses, huh? LOL Since he forgot my bday last year, maybe he could buy two pairs in case I stepped on one of them.
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have a round/oval face and have a hard time finding sunglasses that I like on my face. Also have a wide bridge on my nose which makes it hard to fit sunglasses. Never really spent a lot on glasses until we moved to the Caribbean and I wanted a good pair as I anticipated spending a lot of time on the water. I ended up getting a pair of Maui Jim's; the most I ever spent. We lived in the Caribbean for 4 years and I worked on a dive boat 4 days a week. I wore those sunglasses every day, in and out of the water and I loved them. I just got another pair. Highly recommnd them.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE my Chanel aviator's for everyday, & my Arnette's for when I'm cycling or running.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
sissyp wrote:
I have a round/oval face and have a hard time finding sunglasses that I like on my face. Also have a wide bridge on my nose which makes it hard to fit sunglasses. Never really spent a lot on glasses until we moved to the Caribbean and I wanted a good pair as I anticipated spending a lot of time on the water. I ended up getting a pair of Maui Jim's; the most I ever spent. We lived in the Caribbean for 4 years and I worked on a dive boat 4 days a week. I wore those sunglasses every day, in and out of the water and I loved them. I just got another pair. Highly recommnd them.

How much would a pair of Maui Jim's cost?
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:41 am      Reply with quote
My Maui Jim's were $225, ouch! But worth every penny. They have a one year warranty for anything and will replace them during that time. These were the first pair of sunglasses I ever spent more than $15 on so I'm sure there are a lot of good ones out there depends on your needs. Mine are polarized and full spectrum sun protection. Great for driving glare too.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:08 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
wildflower wrote:
I love my Oakley Halos/Haylons. They are fantastic. So much so I have been dying to get another pair in another colour on Ebay since they have discontinued the style. Sad Alwyas seems to happen to me when I fall in love with something. I also like my Adrienne Vitadini glasses for a more classic and sophisticated look.

Aren't you afraid they wouldn't fit well if you bought on Ebay?

Has anyone heard of Serengetti (sp?)? I saw this at Costco. Doesn't look too shabby.

I my Serengeti sunglasses!

The lenses are photochromatic--they get lighter or darker depending on how sunny it is!

And you can get a vermilion (rose) toned lens which is like looking at the world through rose-colored glasses!

They are a bit pricey but have a warrantee against damage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:11 am      Reply with quote
i love my dior sunglass but lately m dying to get my hands on a new Marc Jacobs. Laughing gotta check out the stores this weekend and with the model ref. i shall try my luck on ebay.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |