Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ladies, do you hide from your S.O. how much you're spending
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
on skincare products? I haven't told my bf, and he has never asked. Although I am sure he can guess that I got a lot of products, since every time I go to his place, I'd cover his bathroom counter with my little cream and lotion bottles and jars.

It's not that I have to use his money to buy skincare products, but I didn't tell him because I didn't want him to think I'm crazy!

If we ever got married, I'm sure he'd insist on separate bathrooms. Or I should say I'll insist on one! I need all the counter space I can find, plus a tiny fridge. Rolling Eyes
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have to tell DH, before purchasing. Personally, he doesn't really mind as long as the stuff work, and are worth buying. But I try not to spend too much, since we are low on budget. Sad
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I can't keep it a secret ... I love to talk too much about what I'm excited about buying or waiting for, so I end up telling him exactly what I'm buying and usually how much it costs (I even told him how much the Quasar SP cost Shock ). I think his eyes just glaze over though and he probably doesn't really listen to anything I say past "I bought this new skincare ...". Laughing
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Nope. Made that mistake in a past life. It's senseless. I'd never do it again.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Haha I always use my own money to get my stuff so I generally do not see the need to tell my guy about the prices - I'll only tell if he asks Smile Though so far only once did my ex ask me how much a skincare item cost and that was because he was trying out my stuff and contemplating getting a bottle for himself (he ditched that idea though once I told him it was over a $100 for (to him) a small bottle Laughing).

I think generally men are not really interested nor do they really want to know how much you spend on looking good. According to my guy friends - so long you look good and that's enough Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Nope. Made that mistake in a past life. It's senseless. I'd never do it again.

Katee, you give me some really good chuckles sometimes. I really enjoy your posts. Actually, I enjoy all the posts but some posts given by those with the writing ability to make people laugh stand out for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I only tell if he asks since I use my own money to buy the products, so there's no need for me to inform him of the price. However, when I don't shop on EDS and go shopping together, he knows roughly how much I spend on products. I went shopping at Cle de Peau counter with him before and he knew to keep his mouth shut about it. All he did was rolling his eyes Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Haha. Whenever I get something new I will be happy and excited so I can't help showing him my goodies. Well, he always smiles with that "I have no idea what u r talking about" look on his face. But he never asks the price. That's good Very Happy
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Lol, this reminds me of a commerical where a lady hides her shopping bags full of goodies in the attic so her DH wouldn't find it. Laughing

I don't think my bf minds as long as it works... plus, he didn't have a clue how expensive some beauty products are, until recently. We went shopping for a Xmas gift and got his mom some face cream. It cost $100 and he was a bit shocked but then asked if I wanted a bottle too. Ahh, the price of beauty. Wink
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:17 am      Reply with quote
hell yeah.. i keep it a secret from now on. with my last boyfriend he knew how much i spend and always gets mad.. its my money anyway Razz
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
I have never told him, except he goes out shopping with me.
It isn't secret Confused but it is not necessary to tell hime becuause I always spend my own money to get that stuff Bad Grin . He guess I spend a lot of money for skin care product Neutral but I don't care about it.
I work hard for my own money and I spend it for my pleasure. So, it is not concern about him. Doubt
Anyhow, I give some stuff which I don't like or made me breakout to him Bad Grin . It was a pity for throw away to bin. Bad Grin
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am      Reply with quote
It all comes out of the same account, so there's no hiding anything in my house.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:02 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
It all comes out of the same account, so there's no hiding anything in my house.

Same here. And one time I didn't tell him, he nearly flipped out. Crying or Very sad
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I don't ask him how much he spends on beer. So he doesn't need to ask me what I spend on goodies.

Honestly he is happier not knowing, I am protecting him from stress because I love him. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Not my SO but my son. There have been times ive left something in my car and then snuck out to retrieve it when he's in his room Laughing Mostly because when he sees me buying stuff he's like 'seeing as you got that,can i have??etc etc' Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Not my SO but my son. There have been times ive left something in my car and then snuck out to retrieve it when he's in his room Laughing Mostly because when he sees me buying stuff he's like 'seeing as you got that,can i have??etc etc' Rolling Eyes

Haha that's a neat trick! Maybe I should do that to my parents too whenever they start nagging me on my purchases Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:17 am      Reply with quote
heh heh I feel like Father Christmas when I do it Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:23 am      Reply with quote
When my SO asked, I explained I needed skin care to present professionally at work, so it was just like his buying tools. He has his nailguns. I have eye cream. That made plenty of sense to him. He even supported my next purchase with, 'it's great that it's all tax deductible.' Why say anything when you can just smile...

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Are you kidding? Always have to hide Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Said with a Very Happy , "Sweetie, the day you or anyone else tells me how I can spend the money I work so hard for and take so much BS for is the day that person can start supporting me. And, darling,......I'm not a cheap date."

This has only had to be said about 4 times in 26 years. rofl

Ari

"I have to go shopping now." - Julia Roberts, Pretty Woman

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hiding - no.
Just keeping quite about things (like Quasar, Nuface, etc., some creams, you know ...) - yes.
He knows about them, but he trusts me (or pretends to)to be reasonable.

If needed (rarely if ever) I sort of do what Ari does, just a bit softer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
He just looks at the empty boxes in the trash with a bewildered look on his face. Never asks. I don't tell. I don't think it matters to him as long as I'm happy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I don't hide but I don't tell either if my husband did not ask. He's happy as long as I "share" with him and give him a facial once a while.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:15 am      Reply with quote
It's more of a sin of omission. That's why I love going to Sephora, there are no price tags on anything, and I throw out the receipt at the nearest garbage can! No evidence left behind!

If he really knew, he would have me committed....I'm doing it for the good of his mental health as well!!! This is a guy who flips out if I want to buy Heinz ketchup instead of the cheap store brand because I can save a nickel! Rolling Eyes Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I figure guys have their expensive electronic TOYS! Girls have our expensive BEAUTY products to even things out a bit. But in the end, who comes out looking pretty?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |