Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Did Camellia Oil break anyone out?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:08 am      Reply with quote
lol i started using silkia again after this thread.. again i started getting the little bumps.. like WTH

is epidermix suppost to get rid of those little bumps?
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
lol i started using silkia again after this thread.. again i started getting the little bumps.. like WTH

is epidermix suppost to get rid of those little bumps?

Laughing because I also dug out my Silkia after reading this thread. I thought that maybe I didn't give it a chance. Well, I wore it yesterday and was rewarded with bumps and blackheads. Why don't I learn Rolling Eyes

Tina
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm one of the lucky one's I guess - I've been using Silkia Camellia oil for the last 10 days or so, great results! I tend to have oily skin that clogs if you just LOOK Rolling Eyes at it the wrong way but no breakouts from this at all. I've given away all the expensive moisturizers I purchased since this is all I need.

BTW, I tried emu oil on my forehead and it broke out horribly. Just goes to show you, one woman's junk is another woman's treasure!

Wink

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
My camellia oil is from Garden of Wisdom. It's pale yellow and has a slight seedy smell. I apply it to damp skin and it sinks in immediately. Sometimes I apply again to really dry spots. It's never given me pimples whereas emu oil is more iffy. If I'm really dry and flaky, the emu is a godsend but for my normal days, it'll give me clogged pores and my skin will have a slight sheen.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I think carrier oils are simply very YMMV.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
lately ive been mixing it with my jurlique calendula cream and just putting it under my eyes.. i tore my eyes to shreads the last week and a half due to severe allergies.. amazing! healed everything very quickly and no under eye millia either
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Most recent wow's Smile

Eve Lom Cleanser - It leaves my face so soft, slowly gets rid of my flakies, and doesn't irritate my skin at all which is a huge WOW for me.

Vivier C 20% - It goes on easily like a slip, has a very nice texture, feels soft and smooth on my skin when it dries, and doesn't dry out my skin like PSF vit c.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
It broke me out as well.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so I really must love to punish myself. I tried the Silkia *again*, deciding that I didn't try it for long enough. Despite more clogging, I continued to use it for five days in a row, and now I have five inflamed pimples. I think that I should just throw it away and make a note to myself to never buy it again. Sad

Tina
senskin_40

Sun May 06, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've been suffering from sensitive skin ever since I stopped using 100% camellia oil and went for a facial (first time in my entire life). The facial was free from Clinique, which is supposed to be hypoallergenic! I told the beautician/sales assistant that my skin is sensitive and she still went ahead and put lots of stuff and a thermal pore mask, which I said I reacted to badly when I used a previous sample.
Anyway, it seems my skin has sensitised to most products that contain anything to make my face 'firmer, whiter' and 'wrinkle-less'. After the facial my face became itchy,reddended with unexplainable red dotty spots on my cheeks. Puzzled and fed up, I went to a nearby store (TNS -The NAtural Source - an Australian organic products shop) to see if I could find a moisteriser my face wouldn't react to as I thought natural would be the way to go. I was then enticed by a smooth-talking beautician to join a free basic facial. After that I went for three more facials and on my fourth facial I felt something wasn't right because the beautician told me she was putting collgen on my face with added essential oils. Then an hour later at home I noticed I had a swollen reddened face with a rash plopping up on my cheeks and chin and I immediately washed my face with luke-warm water, which eased the itching. My face was never the same and worse than before I had the facial! Confused
Desperate, I went to see a doctor and he told me my rash was a reaction to the chemicals in my facial; he recommended I stop the facials and watch my diet - avoid seafood (espcially prawns), beef and even eggs that may trigger a reaction! I thought it was my age (39 yrs) and my hormones that were the culprit. Now I know that the facials were the major culprit as I'm very careful with my diet anyway!
So, I went back to using 100% camellia oil by Victani. My skin has gone back to normal after some medication and using 100% Camellia oil.
Then I read about Silkia's camellia oil on this forum and I had purchased a bottle from silkia. So I sampled the Silkia oil and YIKES!, I immediately felt my cheeks stinging.
The moral of the story is that I am sticking to 100% camellia oil that has no extra chemicals or vitamins etc added. Silkia's Camellia oil claims to be 100% Pure - this is not true! If you read the packaging, you can see it contains 'strong anti-oxidants Vitamin C & E and Polyphenols.
Not everyone, especially people like me with supersensitive dry skin can tolerate even Vitamin C it seems. Also, you should patch test on your shoulder or inside your elbow area for any hypo-allergenic products because they may contain extra chemicals too. Please look at this website that I have found handy in keeping me sensitive-free: search for aloehealthuk's website for an article on "How to deal with sensitive skin."
Also, you may find more useful at the beautybible website.
Finally, I use organic rosefloral water (which you can purchase the Baldwins website if you can't find a local shop that stocks it) to wash and tone my face in the morning and nighttime. I use a pint of lukewarm water with some rosefloral water mixed in then I hydrate and gently exfoliate my face with a washcloth for three minutes by pressing the wrung out cloth into my face then swishing it over my cheecks, nose and chin and forehead. Rosefloral water can also be used as a toner and on eyes too!
I find that keeping my skincare ritual simple is the key and I'm sticking to 100% camellia oil and rose floral water! By the way, for pre-menstrual breakouts, I use tea-tree dabbed onto the pimples. But, since I've gone back to using camellia 100% oil, I've had fewer pimples, my blackheads on my nose have lessened, and my skin is hydrated.
I hope my comments help. If you really find any allergic reaction to camellia oil the best thing is to get an allergy test to see what triggers your reactions. And you should avoid products with Vit. C etc as advised in the aloehealth website
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |