Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How to keep the really nice blond????????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
well,long story short...i naturaly have black hair and i highlight it sevral times at the hair dresser to go really blonde...yes, it is damnaged but not that bad...any how, my hair dresser putts this really really toner on me, its almost this beautiful whitish blond colour but it washes out kinda quik,kinda gets brassy till the next visit to the salon...my hair dresser told me about the violet washes.does that help alot?i think i'm gonna get it...but i also hurd if you putt like a blue purpel toner once aweek it keeps it in that nice blond colour more...will that damage it though?or using the purpel be enough???..i really need help on this cuz i hate that brassy colour so much!
i am enjoying being a blond so much these days.....i never knew i could feel this good about ym self..lol...
have a good one you guys!
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, Don't ask me on this one lipglossbaby, I've divorced two of them already! Bad Grin

My suggestion would be a change to a beautiful raven black color!

(I couldn't resist making that comment!)

John

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
ohh hey there!long time no see...
i know natural is better but i have always gotten nice copmliments and stuff but with my blond hair its so much more often...i never knew i could turn heads that much!i just love being blond, its amazing!
megan328

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, coming out of lurkdom to repond to your post. Anyways,all the purple shampoos cancel out the orange in your hair to make the blond bright once again. I use them and they really do work. The one I have now is "Shimmer Lights" by Clairol. Ask your hairdresser where to buy it. Use it every time you wash until you have bright blonde once again, if your hair is really brassy you can let it sit in for 5 or so minutes before rinsing. Once your hair is bright only use it as every now and then depending on how often you shampoo. I wash my hair twice a week and use it once a month. After your blond is bright be careful not to use again until your hair is slightly brassy as it will tint your hair blue, so be careful. HTH!
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to turn my jet black asian hair a dirty blonde/light brown color. I used a brass reducer, and it was still reddish. Eventually it turned brassy, so I semi-perm it black again. What did your stylist use?

I'm glad to see you kept the blonde. Glad you are loving it.

PS. Try adding some sea kelp bioferment to you conditioner. It worked wonders for my over processed hair.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
ohh, thanx for the info guys!i am gonna get that shampoo for sure now!...
and what do you guys think about the using a toner weekly or is the violet shampoo enough?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
It is true about the blue or purplish toner. They do work. Simply using a shampoo for white blondes or a shampoo for silver/grey hair will supply a bit of the blue/purple tone that makes the "white" in the blond really POP!
jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I also use Clairol Shimmer Lights and agree that it really does work. If you can't find it locally, there are a few places online that sell it for very reasonable prices.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I have very light blonde, almost platinum colour hair. I am on my second bottle of delorenzo silver lights shampoo - and it's great. I use it every second day and it tones down the brassiness and is quite a good shampoo. The other one I've used is the Goldwell Semi permanent mousse, recommended to me after a accidently complimented a hairdresser on her hair colour. Its the 10V that is best for light blonde for toning down brassiness or golden tones.
I've read the Redken platinum blonde glossing leave in treatment is good (makeup alley).
Hope that helps - it's a bugbear of mine too as my hair is naturally golden. Very Happy
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, have you tried Aveda Blue Malva,they have shampoo and colour conditioner.Smells lovely too.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Oh, Don't ask me on this one lipglossbaby, I've divorced two of them already! Bad Grin

My suggestion would be a change to a beautiful raven black color!

(I couldn't resist making that comment!)

John

I love it!! HAHAHA
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
It's so funny to me to read about folks using Clairol Shimmer Lights on their hair... but only because it's one of the top shampoos dog show people use to keep their white dogs white!!! Shock

I have two Aussies that have a lot of white on them. When they've been hanging out in the wonderful Georgia red clay, the white tends to turn orange. So I use the Shimmer Lights to get them white again. But I promise you, if you leave it in too long, it will give you purple hightlights! One of my dogs had a nice purple-hued ruff for a few weeks because I got distracted while he was soaking...

I usually buy mine at Sally's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I would advise the purple shampoo (use Shimmer Lights myself) but no more than once a week or it can also "Muddy" your highlights as my colorist call it. When my highlights are perfect I don't even use it at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
ohh thanx you guys!you guys are great!..its nothing more better then having very light blobnd hair without that nasty gold parts in it..i dont know, when i use to have gold parts in it, i felt as if i was wearing my grandma's wig...lol..
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Aveda Blue Malva conditioner is also great for this. It is purple like the other products, but I find that this one leaves my hair in great condition as well.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I read this completely wrong and was going to suggest oral love but probly not right!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Many years ago I was a natural blond and so I try to keep it up as best I can. I think the most important thing is to find the right colorist and if they are good they will never suggest you use bleach more than 3-4 times a year or your hair will never recover. To tone down the brass without losing the color, my best trick it is not shampoo for at least two days after the bleaching, it really sets the color and then once you do shampoo you will lose the brassiness but the color will stay longer.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
kellyks wrote:
Many years ago I was a natural blond and so I try to keep it up as best I can. I think the most important thing is to find the right colorist and if they are good they will never suggest you use bleach more than 3-4 times a year or your hair will never recover.

Thats strange, I've nver heard this from a colourist and I've been to a range of salons! If they do it properly, and you look after the condition of your hair, you should be ok. I get mine done around every two months, so about five-six times a year, and my biggest issue is thickness as my hair is so fine. The bleaching really helps with this, and nearly every hairdresser has commented on how soft my hair is....(even if baby fine), and even when I haven't had it cut for six months - when I was trying to grow it.
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
yeah, i naturally have very thick hair and bleaching calmed the savage look on my hair...so does anyone know about the toner thing?and how often i should do it, and if it is nassisary or not if you have the purpel shampoo...
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Do you mean a toner at your salon?
In my experience, I dont find a separate toner necessary with the purple shampoo. But, I have had it done before,when I wasnt using the shampoo, and it did come out nicely. The salon toners make your hair soft and shiny as well, which the shampoos arent as good at doing. Basically the cost is the same as the toner I had cost about the same as the shampoo, maybe slightly less (but then the shampoo bottle lasts longer too usually...).

I might go back to my salon and have a toner if I had something special on, but I use the purple shampoo and find it effective day to day in keeping my blonde hair from going yellow and easier time-wise as well. Very Happy
s31pr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
For purple shampoos...

I use Matrix "So Silver".

I was told in the salon that many "white-haired grandmas" use it to maintain their platinum blonde hair, and prevents it from turning into a "cheap yellow" blond.

I use it, because although I'm naturally dirty blonde, my base is a tiny bit redish and sometimes my highlights tend to turn yellowish, which I hate.
kellyks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
nelissa49 I also have baby fine hair that is naturally curly, it looks like I have alot of hair but the texture is very thin and like you mentioned when you get color it opens the hairshaft so you get some added body to your hair, for a time period. But after years of getting color, my hair really was just too damaged and since I have cut back on how many times a year I go, it has helped alot.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I use and love Redken Blonde Glam products.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |