Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Oris Vista Face Exercise Ball - Anyone tried it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have the NuFace and it does nothing for me, so I will return it. Now I am looking for something else that may work for me.

I am interested to know if anyone tried Oris Vista Face Exercise Ball? It is only $29.99.

http://www.faceexerciseball.com/index.html

Thanks.
Bessie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
There was a similar discussion on a facial exercise forum (sorry I can't remember the name, although I believe it was the Flex Effect forum). People said they used a small nerf ball instead (from Toys R Us or other store that sells kids toys - about $3.00). You place the ball against your chin and you try and open your jaw, using the ball as resistance (tones down a double chin). It might be worth a try and it's cheaper than $30.00.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Facial Flex gets great reviews, for $29.99. I bought one, and it's a simple device and simple to use. If I could only remember to use it! I have a mental block. Crying or Very sad
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have the oris ball - it is easy to use - I keep forgetting to use it though.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Emma, it seems there is a pattern being revealed here. Facial exercise devices seem to promote forgetfulness? Shock
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
Emma, it seems there is a pattern being revealed here. Facial exercise devices seem to promote forgetfulness? Shock

Laughing

That is very true.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I have the oris ball - it is easy to use - I keep forgetting to use it though.

Emma,

Does it do anything? How do you use it?

Thank you.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
You put the ball under you chin and do exercises and then on other parts of your face.
It doesn't take that long - about 15 mins.

I think it would work.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
You put the ball under you chin and do exercises and then on other parts of your face.
It doesn't take that long - about 15 mins.

I think it would work.

Are these exercises complicated and difficult to do?

Thank you.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
There are actually just 5 exercises - I've just been to check.
They are easy instructions and I used to do it while watching the tele.

It is definately worth a try.
Very Happy
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Bessie, if you ever remember that facial exercise forum, please post a link.

I've become obsessed with face care since coming to this forum Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I doubt I would do the exercises with the ball. I like the Facial Flex because I can do it with no hands: on computer, driving, house cleaning. My two dogs would probably hunt down the facial ball. Laughing
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, Winnie Laughing My cat is intrigued with all my contraptions, etc. What the hell are you doing, mommie?! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bessie wrote:
There was a similar discussion on a facial exercise forum (sorry I can't remember the name, although I believe it was the Flex Effect forum). People said they used a small nerf ball instead (from Toys R Us or other store that sells kids toys - about $3.00). You place the ball against your chin and you try and open your jaw, using the ball as resistance (tones down a double chin). It might be worth a try and it's cheaper than $30.00.

I checked the Flex Effect forum but wasn't able to find any reference to it. What other possible forums you think I should check.

Thank you very much.
Bessie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I thought I read about the nerf ball on the Flex Effect forum because, other than this one, that was the only one I visited. However, I did find this comment about the Profile Toner (which is like a lot of other sponge ball-type exercisers for the face):

Profile Toner
By: Amy Jacquin

It claims to be a face-lift in a box! The Profile Toner is really just a foamy ball made to exercise your neck and chin. But is this nerf-like ball worth the $30 price tag?
The instructional video that comes with the Profile Toner demonstrates several exercises that makers say reduce your double chin, reduce wrinkles, and reduce tension. They involve holding a softball-sized foam ball under your chin, and then pressing your chin down toward your neck, into the ball. Some call for opening your jaw to add additional resistance.

We bounced the theory off a Cape Girardeau plastic surgeon. And it doesn't take Dr. Trent Jones long to form his opinion about the profile toner.

"Please review the instructional manual," Dr. Jones laughingly reads out of the instructional pamphlet. "See 'warnings' on page three! Ha ha ha!"

And Dr. Jones isn't the only sceptic. Would you really do these exercises at least three minutes a day for eight weeks? We asked several Cape Girardeau residents for their honest opinion.

"I don't know." admits Teresa Connell. "I think just a sound weight-loss program might be better."

"I think I would probably just throw it around like a ball," says Kim Rogers. "I don't think I would use it."

"You work out the rest of your body to tone those muscles," rationalized Amy Cole. "I don't see why it shouldn't tone your face!"

Actually, Dr. Jones believes the Profile Toner will tone your front neck muscles . But that's not necessarily a good thing.

"See those lines in her neck?," asks Dr. Jones, referring to faint lines running up and down the model's neck. "They're called platisma bands. If your platisma bands are too tight, that will change the angle of your chin. Instead of having a nice sharp angle, your chin line will come almost strait down from your chin into your neck. Usually in a face lift, we have to go in and cut those bands you so you don't have lines down your throat. One thing I see that this actually does do is increase platisma banding in your neck. But I can't see too many women who want strong, hefty neck muscles!"

Another point Dr. Jones focuses on, is that you can't spot reduce. All the Profile Toning in the world isn't going to get extra fat off your neck or chin. Only diet and overall weight loss will do that.

"Most of the time when people have complaints about the way their neck looks, it's the result of over-developed or stringy neck muscles, fat deposits, and loose skin," explains Dr. Jones. "And this exercise won't address any of those problems."

As far as the testimonials on the box, showing before and after photos? Don't believe everything you see. Dr. Jones says it's easy to change your profile by tilting your head back and sucking up your tongue. And we wondered about the high-tech insides responsible for toning you up. so Dr. Jones did a little surgery.

"Well, there it is," the doctor says as he cuts the ball in half. "No magic. Just a nerf ball!"

Yea, but nerf balls cost $7... the Profile Toner costs $30! So we give the Profile Toner a "D-". The only reason it didn't flunk completely is that the neck exercises might actually relieve some spasms or tension. Don't waste $30 on this thing.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=266459
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Thank you.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |