Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Radiesse anyone...???!!!???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
s31pr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
HI! I would love to hear from all of you who have tried Radiesse. I would love to hear your feedback on it.

Which areas did you treat??

How much did it cost?

How long did it last?

Any other feedback would be great!

Thanks!!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I use it for my nasal lines it lasts maybe 8 months. Cost 900 pr vial.,some drs charge up to 1500. It is supposed to last 2 or more years but fillers never seem to last as long as the companies proclaim.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I so want to do this on my smile lines, but it doesn't sound like it lasts very long. Lucyluc,would you do it again?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I will have to compare it to Juvederm, which is SUPPOSED to only last 6-8 months. Just had it done in my nasolabial and mouth corners. On special it was 350.00 per syringe, not a bad deal.
Very smooth, but does bruise more than restyline. Resty lasts about 6 months for me but is lumpier than the Juvederm. I will have to research more on the radiesse if it lasts that long. That would be worth it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I have been using it for a couple years,I dont have real deep nasal lines, just a small nasal shadows and that plumps them up.Radiesse lasts longer in most other people,for me botox only last 5 weeks, restylane a month so radiesse for 8 mos. is a lot for me,most people get over a year out of it some even longer. i will continue to use it.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I am a medical writer and I do a lot of work for the company that makes Radiesse. But I haven't had it done myself. For longest lasting results, you should get a touch-up about 3 months after the original injection. They use a smaller volume for the touch-up and it doesn't cost as much.

One of the doctors I work with says that his patients have good results for about a year to a year and a half with Radiesse.

It is a very safe product. Do not have it injected in the lips, however. Restylane is probably best for lip augmentation at this time.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply Lucyluc. I think we're in the same area (Los Angeles). Do you have a favorite doctor for the procedure? Coleen

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I use Dr. Heimer who has offices in Encinitas and Hillcrest.his websitewww.drheimer.com. He is one doctor who has a lot of experience with radiesse(and sculptra)., but he has a very good eye aesthetically and knows how to inject for a good result,he has even lessened some of my wrinkles under my eyes with botox. His priced are reasonable, a lot of doctors wont even do radiesse(because it lasts so long if they have a bad result the patient is pissed) Many docotrs charge 1100 to 1500, he charged me 850 I think or maybe 900, I cant remember.If you dont use the vial its good for touchups and will last 2 yrs in the vial.You can also buyer smaller shots for 250.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lucyluc. I'm going to check out your doctor. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi BBD. Why not use it for lips?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:09 am      Reply with quote
it is not supposed to be used for the lips-you can get ugly granulomas that have to be cut out
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lucy,

I still don't understand why the lips but no where else. I think I'll ask the pharmacy. I trained to do Resty but not this one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure why it happens in the lips and not in other places. For the record, they are not granulomas, they are just ugly nodules that may need to be extracted. Apparently, the more experienced the physician is with Radiesse in the lips and elsewhere, the lower the chance is of this occurring--but I wouldn't take that chance at all. It is perfectly safe elsewhere.

Now that there are a lot of different fillers out there, doctors can select the best filler for a particular site. Radiesse is especially good for deeper wrinkles and in places where the skin is thicker. It would be great for nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just had radiesse done here in the Netherlands two days ago. I wanted to go for Sculptra first, I chose The Netherlands as they have so much longer experience with this procedure. The doctor advised and convinced me to take Radiesse. I wanted to do one of my marionetlines. which pretty much got into a fold. It didn't hurt too bad, it was swollen up for a little while and I had one bruise. The doctor put a hormone creme on it so it wouldn't be all red. Today it is not swollen anymore and the bruise is almost gone. I really like the way it looks.... I never thought it would be that pretty. It feels really soft. I will let you know how long it lasts. He told me about a year or even longer....
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
To you ladies who get the resty and radiesse, is it painful? Do you get a local anesthetic or what? How long is a session usually? Thanks for any answers here.. I so want to get it done, but I'm afraid of the pain! Yeah I know, I'm a chicken big time...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
A topical numbing cream is applied for about 45 minutes to take away the sting. The resty injections themselves take about 15-20 minutes for just the nasolabial lines and 1 syringe. You can get a dental block for the pain but I never have. I won't lie, it does hurt but I keep doing it. It's over so quick anyway. It hurts worse the closer to the lips. I would not have my lips done w/o the dental block for sure.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi I did it without a numbing creme, and I didn't think it hurt that bad. So with a numbing creme it should be even better.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your input, ladies--now I'm REALLLLLLLLLLLY scared to have it done!!!! No, not really...just as petrified as before.. So what I'm hearing you say Annie is that one can go to the dentist, get a nerve block, then trot right over to the dermo's office for the injections? hmmmmmmmmmm, that's not an altogether bad idea! Thanks again... Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Some derms/docs give the dental block, mine does, as well as his P.A.'s.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Annie! This is starting to sound better and better! Having the nerve block sounds like a great idea!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
It really isn't that bad pain-wise, but so worth it, IMO. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Alright, now I am confused. What is the difference between Radiesse, Restylane and Juvaderm?

I still haven't made my appointment, but want to make sure I make the right choice for the correct areas of my face (nasolabial lines, marionette lines and undereye hollows). Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
For underye hollows radiesse and resty are used. For nasolabial and marionette lines, you can use all 3. Juvaderm lasts about 6-9 months and is smoother and less lumpy than the resty. Radiesse is supposed to last up to 2 years for some people. Every person has a different metabolism as to how long each will last, but these are the general predictions.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks AnnieR.

Restylane is hyaluronic acid and I guess would not be harmful in the body. So Radiesse and Juvaderm are absorbed into the body also, are they harmful in anyway inside the body? I guess my question would be, would the substance have to be removed at anytime if it becomes a problem?

Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
radiesse is not harmful its been used in the body for many years. It can last up to 5 years and if it gets injected wrong you could have to take it out surgically(like in the lips-its NOT supposed to be used there but some drs do and they get bad results often requiring surgery)It lasts an average a about a yr to yr an and half
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |