Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Radiesse anyone...???!!!???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks lucyluc. I just wanted to make sure I didn't get a substance injected in my nasolabial lines that would evetually migrate to my chin or somewhere else in my body. Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
If it could mmigrate to the chest area, now that would be funny! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines-(that name always conjours up such a pleasant image for me), I see we have very similar skin types and heritage, as I am of German/Irish descent also. I will let you know that I sometimes get breakouts after I have the fillers done, just my skin's reaction to the invasion I guess. They are usually mild and don't last very long. They aren't bothersome enough to keep me from doing it, though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
after 5 days, my bruise is gone and the area looks really pretty. It feels really soft, like it is almost not there. I never imagined it could be so pretty. I hope it will stay for the full 1 to 1,5 year. If so I would recommend this to everyone:)
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am so glad you are happy. Keep us posted on how long it lasts, I may try this next.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:10 am      Reply with quote
A few years ago I had restylane injected into my marionette lines and it was just a horrible experience. After the injections my face was terribly swollen and painful, I couldn't open my mouth to eat or drink. This lasted for a few days and when the swelling went down, I couldn't see any difference. I complained to the doctor, who showed me my before shots ensuring me that there was a huge difference, but believe me - there was none. The worse thing though was that I could feel the filler with my tongue - huge lumps inside my mouth which nearly drove me mad. I swore I'd never go through it again.

Of course I did though! A week ago I had Radiesse. I had it injected into my marionettes and nasal folds. The nurse didn't give me any anesthetic, just numbing cream. I have to say, the injections hurt like hell - not a pleasant experience. However, afterwards there was no pain at all. My face did swell slightly but was just about gone by the second day. I had allot of bruising, which took about a week to fade - but I bruise very easily so I was expecting that. The best thing was that Radiesse is so soft - I could feel one lump but the nurse told me to massage it and it would eventually go, which it did. This filler feels very natural.

The verdict: My nasal lines look very good, my marionette lines are improved but are still noticeable. (Everyone tells me these are the hardest to deal with.) Overall, my face looks much fresher and I don't look so sad looking.

I do have one worry and that is if I use my Baby Q that it will all disappear. However, I've used it twice and I thought that it plumped up that area even more - although maybe I'm just seeing things - we all see what we want to see half the time!

So now I'm lusting after injections in my cheeks to plump them up. There were some before and after pics in the doctors office of cheek injections and they looked amazing. Heaven help me! When will it end? Probably when my husband finally does his block!
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I've heard that layering Radiesse and a hyaluronic acid filler in the marionettes may be the best way to go.

I just wrote a paper about using fillers for malar (cheek) augmentation. Getting the cheeks done can have an overall lifting effect that makes the rest of the face look better, too. It is definitely an interesting prospect.
s31pr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
HI all.

My PS said he did not recommed Radiesse (in my case) because he said that it could be "seen through" the skin in very pale people.

Has anyone experienced this??
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
A few years ago I had restylane injected into my marionette lines and it was just a horrible experience. After the injections my face was terribly swollen and painful, I couldn't open my mouth to eat or drink. This lasted for a few days and when the swelling went down, I couldn't see any difference. I complained to the doctor, who showed me my before shots ensuring me that there was a huge difference, but believe me - there was none. The worse thing though was that I could feel the filler with my tongue - huge lumps inside my mouth which nearly drove me mad. I swore I'd never go through it again.

Did you go to the same dr for Radiesse? You really have to be careful and research your doc, etc. I know that, just like fake Botox, there is fake Restylane out there. I am not saying Kelliu's dr used fake Resty but that is an unusual reaction.

I had Resty done two months ago in my nasolabial folds and LOVE IT!! I told my friends and they were all like "you did not need it" so I whipped out a pic I took the week I had it done and they were all like "oh yeahhhhhh" - it is so natural looking. I had those lines that run from the lip to the nose (I call them smoker lines but I am not a smoker and no offense to the smokers). He plumpled those up, too! Amazing. It took 2 vials for me that is how deep those folds were. My dr. uses a dental block, thank heavens. I could still feel a couple of injections closer to the nose and not unbearable but not pleasant.

He did tell me about Radiesse. I have been reading up on it but I have to say I keep reading too many reports of lumping. Who wants that? I definitely want to use someone who has worked with it awhile.

Deb
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
[/quote] Did you go to the same dr for Radiesse? You really have to be careful and research your doc, etc. I know that, just like fake Botox, Deb[/quote]

No I went to a different clinic. But the first doctor was extremely reputable. I moved house so had to change clinics. The nurse who injected the Radiesse is actually authorised by the company to teach injecting this particular filler to others. She told me that Radiesse is much smoother and softer than Resty, therefore, it is far less prone to lumping - this was definitely my experience.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:
I've heard that layering Radiesse and a hyaluronic acid filler in the marionettes may be the best way to go.

I just wrote a paper about using fillers for malar (cheek) augmentation. Getting the cheeks done can have an overall lifting effect that makes the rest of the face look better, too. It is definitely an interesting prospect.

The before and after pics of cheek augmentation that I saw were truly amazing - yes, it does have the effect of lifting the whole face. From what I've read, a second generation form of Restylane is used (I've forgotten its name). It's a bit thicker than traditional Resty. What are your recommendations and experience of this? Oh dear, what will my husband say when I come home looking like a bruised and battered chipmunk? Laughing
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I am very interested in seeing how long it lasts!! They told me 6 - 8 for Restylane but I am guessing that will not be the case. IT could get really expensive if you have to go very often!!

Restylane is $350 a vial here and whatever is left in a vial is yours for up to a year (I think that is what they told me). I did not have anything left in the vial.

I am interested in the laser thing for broken capillaries around my nose area.... we shall see.

I do know that I am thrilled with how natural it looks AND not having those deep lines.

Deb
Plroweny
5% products discount

Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I had Radiesse injections in my 11s the it slid down to the side of the upper bridge of my nose. Has anyone else had it "move" on them? I also had Restylane injections a couple of years ago and it disappeared real quick with the use of the BQ.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:02 am      Reply with quote
What is BQ? I do not know about Radiesse being used there BUT my dr will not use Restylane there. He says it is off label (or something like that). He will only use fillers around the mouth and naso labial folds. He says that there are too many nerve endings around the eye area and you run the risk of pressure on a nerve with a filler. He also told me that FDA did not approve Restylane for use in the 11s etc...

I do not know about Radiesse but imagine it might be the same thing?

What did you do to get rid of it or was it noticeable when it moved?
Plroweny
5% products discount

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
damblues wrote:
What is BQ? I do not know about Radiesse being used there BUT my dr will not use Restylane there. He says it is off label (or something like that). He will only use fillers around the mouth and naso labial folds. He says that there are too many nerve endings around the eye area and you run the risk of pressure on a nerve with a filler. He also told me that FDA did not approve Restylane for use in the 11s etc...

I do not know about Radiesse but imagine it might be the same thing?

What did you do to get rid of it or was it noticeable when it moved?

No, it's still there. I can feel it and the bridge of my nose is wider than it was. My injections were done by a PA who teaches Doctors how to give filler injections. He told me to come back and he would fix it but I was afraid to go back for more.

The BQ is the Baby Quasar. It's probably the most popular thing discussed on the board.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Ohhh ok. Yes, I have read many things about the Baby Quasar but for the life of me, I could not figure out BQ. duhhh!! Not enough coffee this morning.

I know with Restylane there is an injectable they can use to dissolve it, so to speak. Maybe there is something like that for Radiesse? Good luck!!
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
As a rule, Radiesse does not migrate. It is an especially good filler for moderate to deep creases and for adding volume. It's not meant for superficial use and use in areas where the skin is thin. It probably shouldn't be used under the eyes or in the lips. Around the lips (perioral lines) is OK.

As far as the 11 lines go, you have to be very careful with any type of filler there because there can be tissue necrosis if fillers are injected into the veins in that area.
Shawn1072

Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Restylane is proven to have no side effects because when our bodies absorb it it doesn't define it as a foreign body unlike radiesse which has Bovine in it which is a collegen derived from cow or pig (i'm not sure which).
Sometimes the longer lasting is not worth the potential risks. Also at the cost per vial it ends up working out to be similar in price in the end.
When it comes to my vanity I try to keep safety a factor too.
It's definitely a difficult balance. I have found that after my inital treatment of restylane I touched up a few months later and now it's been close to 9 months and I am still very happy.
The important thing is to be well educated when you make a decision for any enhancement. Sometimes we can't afford it, but thats better than getting the best price and an unsuccessful result.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Shawn, I am a medical writer and I ghost-write journal articles on fillers on behalf of plastic surgeons and derms. I know just about everything there is to know about Radiesse (not bragging). In fact, I just wrote a chapter on Radiesse for a dermatology textbook! You must be confusing Radiesse with another filler. It does not contain bovine or animal anything and it is not a collagen product.

It consists of calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres suspended in a gel carrier. The gel is absorbed after it is injected and the particles remain in the body for several months and form a scaffold for the development of new tissue formation. The microspheres are gradually metabolized and removed from the body.

Calcium hydroxylapatite has been used for decades in other forms for orthopedic, reconstructive, and urologic uses, among others. It is non-inflammatory and biocompatible and you don't need sensitivity testing before having it injected. As I mentioned before, it shouldn't be injected too superficially and it shouldn't be used in the lips or immediately under the eyes.

At this point, there is no single filler that is ideal for every purpose. There are places where Restylane or another filler is a better choice than Radiesse, and vice versa. You need to pick the right filler for the area that is being treated and also find a surgeon or derm who is experienced in its use and can help you select the right filler for your needs.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Wow BBD you are an expert on Radiesse! Thanks for the information, you explained it really well!

5% products discount

Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Would you recommend Perlane? If so, where could it be used as a filler?
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know that much about Perlane. But here is what I do know. It is also made of non-animal hyaluronic acid, like Restylane, but it is denser or at least contains larger particles. The same company markets Perlane and Restylane, and they are positioning Perlane as being appropriate for deeper wrinkles and creases (e.g., nasolabial folds). They are also positioning them as being able to be used together, e.g., injecting Perlane and then using Restylane for touch ups, etc.

I figured out that Shawn must have been confusing Radiesse with ArteColl in her earlier post. ArteColl does have synthetic particles, like Radiesse, but they are in a collagen carrier that is animal derived. A lot of new fillers were introduced in the last couple of years and it is getting hard to tell them apart.

I think the most important thing is to find a good doctor, ask which products they use and recommend, and why, ask how the products are derived and whether there are any safety concerns, and find out how experienced they are with whatever product they recommend for you. I wouldn't want to be part of their learning curve. Also, recognize that, generally, fillers require more finesse than Botox.

Also recognize that dermatologists and plastic surgeons are on the receiving end of a big marketing push by the makers of all these products. They are being encouraged to expand their use of the products, and often to use them off-label (which is not illegal), participate in clinical studies, etc. etc. These docs are being wined and dined--derms and plastic surgeons have been in a turf war for sometime over cosmetic procedures and derms want your filler business.
Plroweny
5% products discount

Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Is Artecoll the same thing as Artefill? They seem to be calling that one a "permanent" filler and mistakes would have to be removed surgically. Sounds pretty risky to me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried Radiesse two times. The first time - the plastic surgeon used no anesthesia - felt like two rounds with Mohammed Ali and bruising for over a week. Lasted a year though and nice result overall.

Second time - found a different merciful plastic surgeon - used the topical anesthetic and a "freezing machine" - ahh much better and ice after - very little bruising and gone in three days. this was a month or so ago - I am hoping it holds as well also.
All in all great stuff - used it on the nasolabial folds and will be going back for touch up in November.
Marie
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |