Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PLEASE READ
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mlangdon

Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I have placed a petition up at petitiononline.org, requesting more research into keratosis pilaris, a skin condition that, according to many estimates, affects 40-50% of the world's population. In most people, it just takes the form of bumps on the backs of the arms, and it is also temporary with many people. But for a significant portion of KP sufferers, the entire body is affected, sometimes even the face. Imagine have red bumps all over your body and dermatologists telling you there is nothing they can do about it.

For such a common condition, KP has been the subject of very few studies.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT to go to http://www.petitiononline.com/kp1/petition.html
and sign the petition.
maggiepups
5% products discount

Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I will be signing this petition shortly. I suffer from Keratosi pilaris as well. Developed it a few years ago. It's only on my arms but it bothers me - so I can only imagine what it would be like to have it else where.

And when I saw the dermatologist - you know what she told me...."wear long sleeves". It's insanely frustrating that there is no treatment for this. I've tried every product but nothing has helped. So I will be signing the petition.
mlangdon

Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Maggiepups. I'm grateful for every signature. I hope we can find a treatment that will help all of us.

Michael
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have it thank god, but I have seen people who do, and I can't believe that so little is done to help. Maggiepups, I'm shocked (but not surprised) that your Dr was so dismissive.
I've signed btw Wink

Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, that dermo sounds just lovely Rolling Eyes Bet you she gets a lot of business! NOT!

Signed too (last week sometime I think).
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I signed last week. I had never seen or heard of this before but I hope they find something to help.
bryngirl
5% products discount

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I know a friend who suffers from a mild case. I don't really see anything unless I look close - but if you feel her arms it feels like she has goose bumps - but they also feel dry. And since it bothers her...I'm willing to sign. I'll also forward the petition URL to friends.
karmassage

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have this condition, and have found dead sea mud and tea tree oil to be helpful. It's not bothersome, just unsightly. I will sign the petition now though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the information. YES, I signed!!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have this a bit on my arms, just tiny bumps that aren't very noticeable, I was exfoliating with a sugar or salt scrub but it wasn't helping, nothing really has, I've also used an alpha hydroxy.

A while back SugarfreeSheila recommended using Retin-A. I applied it for a week once a day after my shower and it really, really cleared it up. I have such a mild case I didn't bother keeping it up but it's worth a try to see a doctor who will listen and give a script for it. Can't hurt! I know some people have really noticeable bumps and I can see how it would be bothersome.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |