Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Help for my first order at EDS please?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, after trawling all the forums for reviews and comments on Decleor skincare, I'm finally getting ready to take the plunge and order! (sound of cash register going ka-ching in the background Bad Grin)

But before I order, I hope some kind souls can give me some suggestions on my order. I'm pretty much getting:

- Decleor Mousse Demaquillante - Foaming Cleanser
- Decleor Hydra Floral "Flower Dew" Moisturizing Gel-Cream for Eyes
- Decleor Aromessence Visage Neroli - Aromessence Neroli
- Decleor Aromessence Baume Essentiel - Essential Balm
- Decleor Aromessence Lip Balm

What I'm having problems deciding on what to get is the toner and day moisturizer. Should I get...

The Decleor Tonifying Lotion OR the Decleor Mattifying Lotion

The Decleor Aroma Purete Matt Finish Skin Fluid OR the Decleor Hydra Floral "Fresh Flower" Moisturizing Emulsion

My skin is definately combination: dry and oily (esp. on the t-zone) and I do get breakouts and bumps on the t-zone area (not serious but still irritating Sad) The problem lately has been that my skin seems to be ding-donging between being combi-dry and combi-oily - to the point I have no idea what my skin is really like now Embarassed

For the toner I'm worried about the tonifying lotion being too mild for my combi skin while wondering if the mattifying lotion (which is for combi skin) will be too stripping when used in conjuntion with the neroli oil (which i think helps control oil right?)

For the moisturizer I have the same problem Sad Will the matt finish skin fluid be too drying and if the hydra floral emulsion be too mild for my combo skin?

Sorry all for being so confusing but I'm also very confused by my skin and I don't really want to get the products and not be able to use them Crying or Very sad

Thanks so much!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, I think I would go for the Tonifying Lotion and the Hydra Floral moisturiser.

You could always ask EDS for samples of the products you are not sure of.
Mo
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm, good point Maureenall Smile Thanks!

Though I'm still interested in knowing has anyone out there tried both the Tonifying and Matifying lotion or both the purette matt skin fluid and hydra floral cream? If so please do give me a comparison? Thanks!

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I haven't tried either of those two but I hope someone can give you some pointers. Love your lst three choices btw Smile Decleor Lip Balm is fab!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Sorry, I haven't tried either of those two but I hope someone can give you some pointers. Love your lst three choices btw Smile Decleor Lip Balm is fab!

What did you think of the Hydra-Floral eye cream? I've got a tube of their Hydra-Floral mask and a tube of Hydra-Floral emulsion. I'm still freaked out by how horrible it left my skin. It itched, burn and stung my skin leaving it red and irritated!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
You can easily get the Mattifying Lotion and cream, you don't need to be worried that they will strip your skin - I've used up 2 or 3 bottles of that toner and it does not dry me out at all. Actually I like it better than the Tonifying Lotion. The Purete Matt skin fluid didn't either strip or dry me out when I used that, but for me the Harmonie Cream is better as I have tendencies for sensitive skin.

It's a good list you've got there, but I
personally I'm not overly fond of the cleanser you're thinking of, I found it quite drying amongst other things...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=5313#5313The

A little tip for you ... EDS has this fantastic offering, buy for $150 and get a full sized product free...and I think the Neroli oil is up there tight now - Yup, just checked!... Sooooo, you could get BOTH the Hydra Floral and the Purete Matt creams and use them both! Problem solved Laughing

HTH Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
samantha185 wrote:
Hmmm, good point Maureenall Smile Thanks!

Though I'm still interested in knowing has anyone out there tried both the Tonifying and Matifying lotion or both the purette matt skin fluid and hydra floral cream? If so please do give me a comparison? Thanks!

I think I've used every product in the range over time. Smile

If you have oily skin the matte skin fluid is good but I find that it's very matte and foundation can be harder to apply afterwards, although the oilyness is kept at bay. The hydra floral cream is lovely, it's very moisturising and makeup goes on easier. To stop getting the greasys I use the Jurlique rose or lavender powder afterwards, it's great, will keep you shine free all day.

Although they will probably give you some anyway, you can always request Decleor samples with your order and if you say which you'd like to try, if they have them, they will supply them. You could request samples of the toners.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Maureenall wrote:
Hi there, I think I would go for the Tonifying Lotion and the Hydra Floral moisturiser.

You could always ask EDS for samples of the products you are not sure of.
Mo

Does EDS sell sample sizes? I don't want to buy the full size only to find I hate it. Or if you can ask them for free samples, does it have to be with a purchase?
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
The samples come with a purchase.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
EDS is really good about giving samples, just let them know which one's you're interested in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, EDS is very generous with their samples. I always get loads with my purchase. I just wish they would stop sending me Decleor ones as my skin hates Decleor products Sad I'll have to tell them next time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone! I got my friend to help me get Decleor samples of the tonifying lotion and hydra flora emulsion to try out first to help me decide Smile Will keep you guys updated on the results and what I'll get in the end Smile Once again thanks so much!

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
What did you think of the Hydra-Floral eye cream? I've got a tube of their Hydra-Floral mask and a tube of Hydra-Floral emulsion. I'm still freaked out by how horrible it left my skin. It itched, burn and stung my skin leaving it red and irritated!!!

I either haven't tried this one or it hasn't left me with a long lasting impression... I do really like the last three products that Samantha had listed....

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |