Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hi, has anyone tried an at home skin ultrasound machine, rop
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I wonder what Elvis feels like.

Like a bloated guy hyped up, I mean, down, I mean up with a mama complex. Ewww. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Laughing

ETA: My husband LOVES Elvis but I think both he and my husband are nuts. You should see the last video E ever made and the associated commentary by Alain. God, I almost p*$$ed myself when he showed it to me the first time and I STILL married him. God!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:53 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
But there is some music which has been made which is apparently chakra aligning, and there is all the Tibetan chanting which has deep resonances in it which are apparently healing to us on deep levels which we know nothing about.
I have some wonderful Tibetan music. I never thought of feeling it through my skin before.

I wonder what Elvis feels like.

one of the most amazing experiences of my life was when i was diving in maui. the humpbacks were mating, and that particular season their songs were so sweet, so sensual. vibrating through your suit, through your skin, through fat, muscles, et al, you could feel it down to your bones.... i swear i did see elvis.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Scally - you attract Elvis fans, it's your destiny! I betcha have a crimplene white catsuit with studs up the side, dontcha, just for saturday nights.

YUM!

la vie - beautiful, wow! I was thinking of whale music too, when I was really thinking of it vibrating through the skin.

That experience you had sounds like one of the major peak experiences of life.

Ooh, I've gone all moony just thinking about it.

It's like the spirit of Elvis is with me. Cool
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Will let you know results , too many gadgets, too little time, lol!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Oops, I meant I just received my skin dream at home ultrasound machine , will post results in a few weeks.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
OMG its midnight and I should be in bed but I've just bought the UP5 - just couldn't help myself.

I read on another thread that someone was using KY jelly as a conductive gel! If my husband sees me with vibrating machine in one hand and KY jelly in the other, he might get the wrong idea Shock Although, come to think of it, that would probably be easier to explain away than the purchase of another beauty gadget Exclamation

Welcome to the UP5 club Keliu!! You don't need conductive gel with the UP5. You can use it bare faced or with your favorite oil or creams. It doesn't generate any heat, but you will feel buzzing and I feel slight tingles on the lifting mode. Funny that you mention the vibrator thing. Dr. Huber (of 302 skin care products) and I were discussing the UP5 and he liked the gadget too, but said that a vibrator (yes the XXX kind) would essentially do the same thing as any microcurrent device. I thought that was interesting....just couldn't handle the likely reaction I would be getting from hubby everytime I used it Shock .
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
got one as a present, but it's been sitting in the corner for a year..

too lazy to use Confused
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Okay scaellewag girl (excuse my spelling) if you're going to Great Britain this summer,
I would love to work out a deal with you to
pick up a UP5. There my be several other
folks that might also express interest.
Apparently this WinHealth is in the UK.
If you do have want to worksomething out,
please e-mail myself. Have heard nothing but
good things about the UP5 and nothing
negative. BTW, what part of the US do you live?? Thx for your consideration -
DIPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Since we're looking at beauty devices, this one on ebay looks very interesting:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrasonic-Skin-Scrubber-w-UV-sterilizer-Girlfriend-mac_W0QQitemZ260100328890QQcategoryZ29582QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you watch the video, the device is supposed to also get rid of dead skin cells? What do you think?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you get your conducting gel? Is it a specific kind of gel or you can use a replacement?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Where do you get your conducting gel? Is it a specific kind of gel or you can use a replacement?

I get my conducting gel at www.bannertherapy.com, they ship very fast!! The conducting gels are about $3 for 8oz.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Omg, la vie, at first I read "removing it" and I thought "removing your arm"?!? LOL, my mind is gone...

Scali (sorry I gotta shorten these names cause I can never put the full thingie in without having to look up or cut and paste) - I haven't been using the Facemate much [I think because of the corded/rechargeable factor] but pulled it out again after you mentioned using it. I used it once before going off on my Florida trip. Will use it again now I'm back.

I think the Avene or a essential oil hydrasol would work fine. You're using the moisture to improve conductivity. I'm not a scientist though... I just don't like goo. I could maybe see myself using aloe if I needed to use a gooey substance.

I'm really liking the sound therapy idea as I really believe sound can be healing. I like NIN but more as a rant, get my anger out. Don't think I would use it with a UP5 - never know though Laughing

BTW, I live in Philadelphia. Where else is everyone from. I guess we could post in our profile?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Omg, la vie, at first I read "removing it" and I thought "removing your arm"?!? LOL, my mind is gone...

Scali (sorry I gotta shorten these names cause I can never put the full thingie in without having to look up or cut and paste) - I haven't been using the Facemate much [I think because of the corded/rechargeable factor] but pulled it out again after you mentioned using it. I used it once before going off on my Florida trip. Will use it again now I'm back.

I think the Avene or a essential oil hydrasol would work fine. You're using the moisture to improve conductivity. I'm not a scientist though... I just don't like goo. I could maybe see myself using aloe if I needed to use a gooey substance.

I'm really liking the sound therapy idea as I really believe sound can be healing. I like NIN but more as a rant, get my anger out. Don't think I would use it with a UP5 - never know though Laughing

BTW, I live in Philadelphia. Where else is everyone from. I guess we could post in our profile?

Hi, Lu (shortening even more). I'm in Baltimore so we're pretty close. I go to Philly often for work so maybe one day we could meet up, who knows? I did try using water with the Nuface this morning and while it still zinged, it was far less than with the conducting gel...hmmm...I wonder, if something like Avene Thermal water would work better. I haven't tried it with my Facemate yet but will tonight, perhaps. The one thing I did not like was that it dragged on my skin as opposed to gliding. The gel I use is very light and I only use a pea-sized amount on each section. It rinses easily.

ETA: I have a surge protector/power strip under my loveseat and use my corded devices (Facemate, Quasar SP) while lying down watching TV. It's perfect for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:06 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:

Embarassed sorry. most of you don't know back story. broke my elbow cleanly in three places, had six-and-a-half hour surgery to place two huge plates, two rods, wires, and eighteen-odd screws in my arm. i'm not allowed near ultrasound like most rehab patients because i'd melt Shock so the bionic arm is not far from the truth. i do assure you, however, all the hard work i'm doing in therapy is to try and make the arm functional (which it mostly is) and pain-free (ah well). i am not real keen on the idea of getting rid of my actual arm at this moment (though if you catch me in the middle of the night, i can be heard to mumble such things).

NIN appealed to the child in me, but i agree that it might not be the most soothing thing on your face Bad Grin
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I don't see my post to la vie. I'll repost re: pain reducing if I don't see it show up.

Scali, definitely would love to see you if you come to Philly. PM me. A cousin and his wife live in Baltimore and they're always trying to get me to come visit... I've been before. I'm not anti-Baltimore. It's my strong attachment to my cat... (I don't have a car and take public transportation everywhere. Usually if I go away a long time, she goes with me).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Urgh! I may have lost my post to la vie re: pain management.

Anyways, la vie, the best of a quick recovery to you! In my original post, I asked if you had an LED device or laser. I've used the Quasar SP to good effect on a elbow muscle pull thingie I got in January that nothing else helped.

That is, until I went to Donna Eden's Energy Medicine workshop (just got back) and learned some new pain management techniques based on Chinese medicine. www.innersource.net

Well, that's a shortened version cause I got too frustrated that I lost my post (think it's my fault too...I think I closed the window when I was only in preview mode and hadn't submitted the reply). Sometimes the mind works Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:50 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Anyways, la vie, the best of a quick recovery to you! In my original post, I asked if you had an LED device or laser. I've used the Quasar SP to good effect on a elbow muscle pull thingie I got in January that nothing else helped.

That is, until I went to Donna Eden's Energy Medicine workshop (just got back) and learned some new pain management techniques based on Chinese medicine. www.innersource.net

thank you for the post. i have used and was greatly helped by the Baby Quasar in my healing phase, but at this point there really is *not* a lot that can be done until i get my hardware removed -- had one screw, along with the rods and the wires removed from my forearm and it helped the pain immensely (it is now almost bearable whereas before i was in tears daily). not that i don't believe in alternative approaches, i truly do, but in my case it really has to do with the steel in my arm that is pressing into sensitive bits. it's a mechanical pain, i guess.... you can actually feel and partially see most of it, which just makes my BF sick to his stomach. the screw that they removed was supposedly self-locking, but was starting to come out anyways (my body was rejecting it). i had fun grossing *everybody* out with that one. when the swelling went down from the surgery, you could see three more screws take its place. i've swollen up again now due to the constant irritation of usage so you can see that i'm just screwed in this matter Rolling Eyes but if i splurge and get the UP5, then at least i'll actually have to *use* it on my face (ublike the BQ) since it won't help me with my pain. lord knows my visage could use a little TLC!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, la vie, sounds horrible so I hope this painful issue is over pronto!!!

Scali, if you still have it, can you repost a link to the conductive gel you bought on Ebay. I know you've posted it before but I don't know if I'll be able to find it....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sure, Lu. Here's the stuff and you can see it's dirt cheap. Works very well, is not goopy and doesn't dry out quickly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrasound-Transmission-Fetal-Doppler-Coupling-Gel_W0QQitemZ180100702298QQcategoryZ3193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Scali,

You're not kidding about super cheap!

Thanks so much for the link

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Hooray Exclamation My UP5 has arrived Very Happy I'm using it on the high setting (because I need all the help I can get!) It's working well with the oils - in cleansing mode with OCM and on the other modes after serums and emu oil. I'm experiencing an occasional stinging sensation, so presume something is happening. It's way to early for any results yet, but I have to admit, I love these gadgets. Really makes me feel I'm doing something proactive for my skin. My bathroom is rapidly turning into a fully equipped day spa/hairdressing salon (I now cut and colour my own hair too!).
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, that's great! Keep us posted on how it's going for you with the UP5, will you?

I'm still really pleased with the eye lift I get from it. (As well as the cleansing and firming and pushing in of products)

Congratulations on doing your own hair. I am increasingly disenchanted with hairdressers, especially colourists. A good one is so hard to find.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Nearly 2 weeks using my Skindream machine, so far the results are great!
I also use the Quasar once a week, my dermawand, ect. with it.
I did not notice any changes the first week, but a few days ago noticed my skin looks more radiant. (the first month you are supposed to use it daily, then 2 to 3 times a week). THey also carry skin care products to use with it, but recommend you just do the ultrasound for the first few months.
I really like it, just thought I would share! Very Happy
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lipglossdoll - Have been looking at the skin dream ultrasound for several months but never
knew anyone that used it. Please keep us apprised on how it is working for sagging, wrinkles, toning etc. I really wanted to purchase a microcurrent for wrinkles around the eyes and jowl sagging but haven't found anything that looks good. Let us know how this one works and what it does for your skin -
at least we can still buy one of these in the USA. Thx so much and hope it does wonders for your skin!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooooh dear, why did I read this thread!

Lipglossdoll, where did you buy your skin dream?
Thanks Surprised

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |