Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Hi, has anyone tried an at home skin ultrasound machine, rop
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to agree with you about the Facemate - if you want the full on LED benefits it probably is not as good as a dedicated LED product like the Lightstim.

I must admit its a minefield trying to decide which gadget or gizmo to get!!

I've decided on a Nulase and a UP5 (I think!!)now all I have to do is save up!LOL!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Lucia, I have a Baby Quasar so I'm all covered as far as LED's go, but I've been trying to decide between the UP5 and the NuFace for ages now. After reading scalawaggirl's thread on her fab NuFace results I was thinking of getting that to try and address some of my sagging issues, but reading about the UP5 it sounds like it might do the trick too, and it's easier to get hold of in the UK. Do you have any idea if these would address the same issues, albeit with different techniques? I'm so confused Laughing.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to mention that I got absolutely no results with Nuface, and had returned it. I tried it for a little less then 3 months, so should it have worked for me I would have seen some results. And I believe I am not the only one for whom it did not work. If you decide to get it - try to get it from a place which allows returns.

Just my 2 cents,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
fifi -It depends on what you personal concerns are - the NuFace works on the same principle as those stomach muscle toning belts you can get - it delivers a microcurrent to the muscles to cause them to contract and strengthen. So if your underlying facial muscles are well toned to begin with then the results you see are going to be minimal (like using a toning belt if you already have a 6pack!)although you will be helping to maintain the existing tone so working to prevent sagging, which may be why some people don't see a result - their muscle tone is already good. Additionally the Nuface will increase circulation (as would any exercise)which is good for your skin, and if your skin has good underlying structure it will look better, facial exercises could get a similar result (like sit ups would for your tummy). The UP5 will work more on your skin texture and tone.

I have used NuFace type machines in a professional setting and they do help (especially in cases of people with facial palsy where their muscles atrophy because they can't use them), you do have to learn how to use them (you have to get them on the right points for you on your face to get a good result but that's just a matter of trial and error and following the instructions. For me I don't have any sagging and my muscle tone is good so I'm going for the UP5 as I want to keep my skin as healthy and toned as I can and I feel Facial exercises can work as well at keeping the muscles toned (if I can be bothered to do them LOL! Laughing ).

HTH's a bit.
Very Happy

PS - I have found a place you can rent the NuFace before you buy - not sure you can use this if you're overseas as I didn't read that far but might be worth a look:

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product/beauty/nuface/index.vm;jsessionid=1F476ACB7A8F716D54BB4E487E9C7518?procid=13&catid=939

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know what the return policy is here at EDS for a Nuface but at spalook.com you can return it within 90 days and get a refund. Here at EDS you do get your discount which is a great deal. I got mine at spalook with a 20% discount at that time. FYI, I returned mine as I couldn't see that it was doing anything for me.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, that is where I got mine - spalook.com.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Lucia, I have a Baby Quasar so I'm all covered as far as LED's go, but I've been trying to decide between the UP5 and the NuFace for ages now. After reading scalawaggirl's thread on her fab NuFace results I was thinking of getting that to try and address some of my sagging issues, but reading about the UP5 it sounds like it might do the trick too, and it's easier to get hold of in the UK. Do you have any idea if these would address the same issues, albeit with different techniques? I'm so confused Laughing.

I also have the BQ and was debating between NuFace and UP5 - I ended up purchasing the UP5 and really like it. I use it everyday and would definitely not return it. I really think its helping to tone and refresh my skin. Can't wait to use it with the SBC ionised gels I have ordered (also from the UK).
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hmm...I think maybe I need both the UP5 and the NuFace Laughing. I'd better start saving my pennies!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:

fifi- Are you using your BQ regularly? Do you think it was worth it? What benefits do you see. I just wonder sometimes if we need to spend all that money and that the results most people are seeing from the BQ are the same they would see from FaceMate.
girlsaidwhat
5% products discount

Thu May 20, 2010 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
This thread hasn't been posted on for a while, but I thought I'd add some things.

I've been using the facemate for a few weeks now, and I really like it. I mostly use it for the ultrasound...I use it for about 5 minutes, twice a day, to drive in actives and such.

I thought I'd post how I use it for those who have it or are thinking of getting it.

In the morning, I use it after I put on my actives (Vitamin C, and two serums from Elysee) and some emu oil.

At night I use it after I put on copper peptides and emu oil.

Both times, I use a mix of aloe vera gel (Lily of the Desert brand) mixed with some pearl powder (from NCN) on top, as my conductive gel. It works great! And I don't have to rinse off my actives along with the conductive gel afterward, which seemed like such a waste to me.

The nice thing about topping it all off with aloe gel with pearl powder is that my skin is completely non-sticky and non-oily afterward. My skin has been looking much better recently and I'm sure the facemate is contributing.

At night, after doing the ultrasound setting, I go back over and use the negative ion setting for a few minutes.

I've also used the facemate to drive in manuka honey on areas of my face like pimples or things not healing (have some spots that are taking a long time to heal from having veins electrocauterized). It seems to really augment the effects of the honey. I also will sometimes use an antibiotic gel (clindamycin) and hydrocortisone if I have a cyst pimple, and it's really reduced the lifespan of those cysts.

Hope this helps someone! : )
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
So just to clarify - are you applying the Aloe Vera and Pearl Powder over the Emu Oil? I thought that you weren't supposed to use ultrasound over an oil because the oil blocks the sound waves.

5% products discount

Thu May 20, 2010 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I sure am applying the aloe/pearl gel over the emu oil.

I looked around the net because I saw a couple of references about that not working on this site....but couldn't find anything online to substantiate it not working with oil, let alone emu oil. Since every oil is a little different, and emu is known to help carry actives into the skin...I thought why not try it?

So I decided to try it. And if it's not supposed to work...tell that to my face. ::laughing:: Because I really see a difference in my skin the last few weeks. And I love that my skin isn't the least bit oily or tacky after, as it is sometimes if I just use emu and no gel/ultrasound after.
sandras lovely things

Tue May 25, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Some weeks ago I purchased a combination ultra-sound/neg/positive-ion/infrared appliance from a vendor in Hong Kong for abt 60$. Very nice quality, good prices, speedy service. I have used it 3 to 4 times a week (for five weeks now). It is hard to say whether the ultra-sound has made a difference because I am also using the negative, then positive ions, the infrared, and the ultra-sound ,,,, so which one has made a change in my skin is up in the air. My color has changed from pastey to peachy, and the pore size has reduced. I have noticed no difference in wrinkles, nor in the firmness of my skin. That is a little disappointing. I was interested in purchasing a Radio-Frequency cosmetic appliance, having read that it offers 'a non-invasive face-lift'. Then while researching for an effective home-use RF gadget, I ran into a forum with folks who have had professional RF procedures (@1500 to $3000). Approximately 30% indicated they noticed no benefit, about 25% stated satisfactory and better results, about 15% felt they had been duped,,,,,with no guarantee or recourse, and about 30% relayed monsterous nightmarish horror stories about scarring, sagging flesh w/wrinkled skin, and upcoming lawsuits to repair the damage caused by RF cosmetic treatments. I returned the RF appliance, unused, as I was frightened by the horror stories. Now I am looking into meso-therapy. Any information, or comments on any of/all of the above would be appreciated. Yes, I am wordy,,,,, and can go on and on.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi hi,

can anyone advise me any reliable ultrasound or galvanic device to use for both Face rejuvenation and body slimming?

I have been researching online and came across EDS and found it very informative given by all the members here. Smile

can someone tell me if this machine is good?
It is from beautymachine.net website but as im a new member , i can't post the link here, it is the ultrasonic kit facial care eye care, bodycare, with 3 probes - which seems very pro to use...they also have the portable model.
I m guessing this might be China Made hence i need more advise.

and also, the latest fyola galvanic/ultrasound massager. Is this good for body slimming since reports are mostly for the face.

Also, i read abit on the latest Nuskin Ageloc device, seems like really good for face, to remove wrinkles n pigmenation but didn read much on the body slimming....

And lastly,this machine from Bellaire, HS-3026 2 MHz ultrasound probe which can be used on both the face and body, shd be 2mhz n 3mhz for each probe if im not wrong...not sure how good this is for face n body.

Hope to hear from you all soon. Smile

Thank you Smile
Noemicello
lindylass
5% products discount

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I bought a facemate and so far so good. It was $129 on Amazon and it's an ultrasound and microcurrent machine. I'm going to by Rankine's gel but so far I'm using Garden of Wisdom's aloe jelly since it's less than 5 bucks for ultrasound.I like the fact that it's cheap and multitasks.
Noemicello

Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lindylass,

can this facemate be used for body slimming as well?

5% products discount

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
There's nothing in the instructions about body slimming; what is supposed to be helpful for that is radiofrequency--POSE. I think they have a thread on it; it's the most effective gadget for that indication as far as I know.
Noemicello

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
i see... okie, thanks alot Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |