Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Hi, has anyone tried an at home skin ultrasound machine, rop
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Poohlisey!

I'd like to get one to try. I'd have a go at some cellulite too - so I'd like a potentially cordless one, preferably.

I'm, like Frodo, now having a senior moment.. wading through all the options to discover which one is best!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Catski,

Let me know if you find a cordless one!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
well so far, I see the market is awash with these devices, but making them rechargeable and cordless doesnt appear to be a priority.

I wonder what you think of this one...

http://www.winhealth.co.uk/Advanced%20Skincare.htm

does it look any good, do you think?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
well so far, I see the market is awash with these devices, but making them rechargeable and cordless doesnt appear to be a priority.

I wonder what you think of this one...

http://www.winhealth.co.uk/Advanced%20Skincare.htm

does it look any good, do you think?

I emailed the company to ask if this is available in the US. Received, IMO a very blunt answer.

No we do not!

Sorry I asked. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
mmm, Frodo, that's wierd because on their order page they list a U.S. price:

http://winhealth.co.uk/acatalog/Facial_Toning_and_Firming_Systems.html
Price: £125.00 / $237.49 Including VAT at 17.5%

I think the price is very good considering all the options on it. I have a similar device that I bought on Ebay for more that doesn't have all the options that this device has:

Ultrasonic Skin Scrubber w/ UV Sterilization
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrasonic-Skin-Scrubber-w-UV-sterilizer-Girlfriend-mac_W0QQitemZ260091755497QQihZ016QQcategoryZ29582QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260091755497

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
This cordless one is nice..

http://www.chiactivate.com/products/skincareproduct/skincareproduct_fyola.shtml

and this one:

http://www.chiactivate.com/products/skincareproduct/skincareproduct_sliviang.shtml
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
As far as I can tell, they ship the UP5 Advanced Microcurrent Beauty Therapy Device to the U.S. I placed in cart and went thru the motions - U.S. is an option - then it asks for your state.

I think the only concern is you would need a converter because:
Input: AC 230V, 50 Hz (Europe/UK)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
mmm, Frodo, that's wierd because on their order page they list a U.S. price:

I think the price is very good considering all the options on it. I have a similar device that I bought on Ebay for more that doesn't have all the options that this device has:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrasonic-Skin-Scrubber-w-UV-sterilizer-Girlfriend-mac_W0QQitemZ260091755497QQihZ016QQcategoryZ29582QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260091755497

Maybe she is confused. I emailed her back and thanked her for her blunt reply and she answered back and said it had to do with customs and that it was hard to answer back to someone who didn't sign her name. So I guess in her eyes it was my fault which is fine, I'll take the blame.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ridiculous. It is NOT your fault Frodo. Unfortunately, good customer service is a talent that seems rarer and rarer these days Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
As far as I can tell, they ship the UP5 Advanced Microcurrent Beauty Therapy Device to the U.S. I placed in cart and went thru the motions - U.S. is an option - then it asks for your state.

I think the only concern is you would need a converter because:
Input: AC 230V, 50 Hz (Europe/UK)

First off, can I change my tag from Frodo to Senior Moment. Smile

Can this device that you just ordered eleminate the Quasar SP/Baby, Nuface, Lightstim etc?

On another note I am in contact with them and she actually is very nice. The product will not be shipped to the US.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo, if you're asking about this item:

No, it can't replace Quasar SP/Baby, Nuface, Lightstim. It does not have infrared or laser or microstim (a la Nuface). It is an ultrasonic skin spatula - one side is good for scraping / cleansing the skin; the other side helps absorption of products (thru ultrasound & ion + or -). I like that it's rechargeable.

I got it as a much more expensive (but more useful) replacement of the discontinueed Dermacare - a product that used sonic waves to help products absorb. My battery contacts on the Dermacare broke after using for years and it's no longer available. Igia looked to have a knockoff but I think they don't carry it any longer either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Frodo, if you're asking about this item:

No, it can't replace Quasar SP/Baby, Nuface, Lightstim. It does not have infrared or laser or microstim (a la Nuface). It is an ultrasonic skin spatula - one side is good for scraping / cleansing the skin; the other side helps absorption of products (thru ultrasound & ion + or -). I like that it's rechargeable.

I got it as a much more expensive (but more useful) replacement of the discontinueed Dermacare - a product that used sonic waves to help products absorb. My battery contacts on the Dermacare broke after using for years and it's no longer available. Igia looked to have a knockoff but I think they don't carry it any longer either.

No, not that one. This one http://winhealth.co.uk/acatalog/Facial_Toning_and_Firming_Systems.html although it wouldn't do me any good as they don't sell to the US.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I am curious if anyone in the UK has used the UP5. I have been conversing with the contact person and in our last email she said:

Well - I am truly sorry. UP5 is a great device and it is very effective. As devices go - we are now selling it for couple of years and we had no single complaint about it. It sells a lot by actual recommendations - friend to friend. And it is shame that we cannot ship it to the USA. It is looked upon as iontophoresis device, which in the USA falls under the jurisdiction of FDA. If we were to ship it - it would only be stopped at the border and send back to us.

If you come to the UK or Europe on holiday - let me know. It is strange that you could take it with you from here to the USA and there would be no problem carrying it and using it in the USA. You are correct - you would only need to get a transformer to adapt it to the US voltage for it to work beautifully. It does wonders with the skincare!

5% products discount

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Odile wrote:
Thanks poohlisey!

Great site.
Have any of you taken a look at the new models they have? Ultrasound/LED sounds like best of both worlds?
I'm still deciding about adding bells and whistles or not...!!! Very Happy

I am having a "senior moment". What model are you looking at that is Ultrasound/Led? Please forgive me for my ignorance.

Here's the link. Looking at the Facemate (the 4 or 6 in one)- all that functionality - I wonder how good it is at doing them all!

Ah - here's the link where you will find the ultrasound/led:
http://www.ib3health.com/products/UltrasoundPortable/Index.shtml
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
poohlisey - this is starting to make me pee with laughter Laughing Laughing Laughing !!! Every time I attempt to reply to your post, you are replying to mine - it's like a serious game of keyboard TAG!!!

Thanks for answering my questions and sharing your experience with this very interesting device! I am definitely going to look into it further Exclamation

LOL! Laughing I've never tried HA with the device. I was going to get cilabo aqua sonic device before, but after looking at the price, it broke my heart. I have to admit, I am happy with my UltraSonic SD-958!! Very Happy I tried CiLabo conducting gel with my Ultrasonic, but it didn't give great results as the one that came with my Ultrasonic.

This is CiLabo Aqua Sonic Device:

http://cilabousa.com/en/product_beauty.asp

Hi again - just checked out your first choice above but I'm a bit confused...this unit is only available at 1 MHz, not 3 MHz. Is this the right model?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Odile wrote:
Frodo wrote:
Odile wrote:
Thanks poohlisey!

Great site.
Have any of you taken a look at the new models they have? Ultrasound/LED sounds like best of both worlds?
I'm still deciding about adding bells and whistles or not...!!! Very Happy

I am having a "senior moment". What model are you looking at that is Ultrasound/Led? Please forgive me for my ignorance.

Here's the link. Looking at the Facemate (the 4 or 6 in one)- all that functionality - I wonder how good it is at doing them all!

Ah - here's the link where you will find the ultrasound/led:
http://www.ib3health.com/products/UltrasoundPortable/Index.shtml

One concern I have with these ultrasound/LED "body massagers" (fromwww.ib3health.com) is the diameter of treatment area that the unit covers...the maximum is 1.8". Odile, are you interested in this equipment for pain reduction or something beauty related (like cellulite reduction)? I feel there should be more information on the site regarding length of time per treatment regardless of issue.

Does anyone else have thoughts about this???

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
catski wrote:

Are you pleased with it, Poohlisey? Does it do what it says?

Yes, I'm very please with it! To me, it does what it said on my face, because that's the only place I really use ultrasonic on so far. I've tried it on the legs 2x but since I only have 1 oz of conductive gel, I decided to try it on my body later. My face is the one that need serious care too Embarassed .

I love the results! It's the best beauty machine I've invested in Very Happy .

Poohlisey - I forgot to ask you if you are using other beauty devices on your face in addition to your Ultrasonic Beauty unit? If so, can you please elaborate further (ie/ what they are and how long you have been using each one). Thanks so much!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:

One concern I have with these ultrasound/LED "body massagers" (fromwww.ib3health.com) is the diameter of treatment area that the unit covers...the maximum is 1.8". Odile, are you interested in this equipment for pain reduction or something beauty related (like cellulite reduction)? I feel there should be more information on the site regarding length of time per treatment regardless of issue.

Does anyone else have thoughts about this???

The manuals will tell you how long to use it for. Smile
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:17 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:

The manuals will tell you how long to use it for. Smile

I would hope they do! Wink My concern is investing oodles of time trying to achieve results with a device that only offers a small diameter of treatment area. This has been an issue with other popular beauty tools that are touted within this forum (such as the BQ). I personally want to know upfront how much time I will need to invest per area because I am not the type that endures long daily treatments. My tolerance levels using beauty gadgets tends to run out completely around the 30 minute mark. I have no idea how these other ladies manage to use their tools for 1+ hr at a stretch - talk about stamina! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:

I would hope they do! Wink My concern is investing oodles of time trying to achieve results with a device that only offers a small diameter of treatment area. This has been an issue with other popular beauty tools that are touted within this forum (such as the BQ). I personally want to know upfront how much time I will need to invest per area because I am not the type that endures long daily treatments. My tolerance levels using beauty gadgets tends to run out completely around the 30 minute mark. I have no idea how these other ladies manage to use their tools for 1+ hr at a stretch - talk about stamina! Shock

I use mine every night for 10 minutes on the weekdays, and 20-30 minutes on the weekends. I only use it on my face though. It helps smoothen, and soften my skin. It makes my pores smaller, and helps control my acne breakouts. I really love it. Maybe you can get the 1mhz for the bigger areas? I don't regret on getting it at all. Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:18 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I bought one about 3 years ago (around $250 I think) but only used it few times. It's too hard to glide. A skin boutique SA told me that in Japan every woman has one.

MACrisis, how many mhz is yours? Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
As far as I know, you're supposed to use ultrasound gel or some sort of moisture / conductor. Otherwise, you will have difficulty with "glide" and also conductivity.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
OOOOOOOOOOOO! Now you all have me interested in the SD-958. Do any of you use it with the BabyQ? BQ seems to have more LED capacity than the Ultrasound/LED combo I see on iB3health.com. I really like my BQ so far but hey! I'm always looking around for more toys! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I am specifically interested in firming and rejuvenating and reducing pores. poohlissey? lunarmm? anybody using both?? fawnie

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I only use the ultrasonic and the dermawand.

You are right lunarmm. Without the conducting gel, it's very hard to glide.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I am curious if anyone in the UK has used the UP5. I have been conversing with the contact person and in our last email she said:

Well - I am truly sorry. UP5 is a great device and it is very effective. As devices go - we are now selling it for couple of years and we had no single complaint about it. It sells a lot by actual recommendations - friend to friend. And it is shame that we cannot ship it to the USA. It is looked upon as iontophoresis device, which in the USA falls under the jurisdiction of FDA. If we were to ship it - it would only be stopped at the border and send back to us.

If you come to the UK or Europe on holiday - let me know. It is strange that you could take it with you from here to the USA and there would be no problem carrying it and using it in the USA. You are correct - you would only need to get a transformer to adapt it to the US voltage for it to work beautifully. It does wonders with the skincare!

That's funny because I was able to order the UP5 with the US Adapter from Winhealth in February 2006. So I must of narrowly squeaked by and got one before they shut the door on US shipments. Maybe somebody in Europe can buy one for you and you can use it with the transformer? It is nifty, well-built, and I love using it. I do my UP5 routine while watching TV. My husband gives me grief about it "talking" to me. It tells you what mode you are in. Each mode is about 3 minutes and it automatically stops when it's done, which is very nice so I don't have to time myself. If you want to add time, or switch to another mode, you just press on one button to cycle through all the modes. Being cordless with a recharger station is also very handy.

I need to explore using all of the modes, especially the cleansing mode. I only use the eye zone, lifting, and Vit C modes right now. I've never tried the music function either. It has alot of features for the price. You can adjust the level of intensity too.

Hope you can find one somehow...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |