Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hi, has anyone tried an at home skin ultrasound machine, rop
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
Frodo wrote:
I am curious if anyone in the UK has used the UP5. I have been conversing with the contact person and in our last email she said:

Well - I am truly sorry. UP5 is a great device and it is very effective. As devices go - we are now selling it for couple of years and we had no single complaint about it. It sells a lot by actual recommendations - friend to friend. And it is shame that we cannot ship it to the USA. It is looked upon as iontophoresis device, which in the USA falls under the jurisdiction of FDA. If we were to ship it - it would only be stopped at the border and send back to us.

If you come to the UK or Europe on holiday - let me know. It is strange that you could take it with you from here to the USA and there would be no problem carrying it and using it in the USA. You are correct - you would only need to get a transformer to adapt it to the US voltage for it to work beautifully. It does wonders with the skincare!

That's funny because I was able to order the UP5 with the US Adapter from Winhealth in February 2006. So I must of narrowly squeaked by and got one before they shut the door on US shipments. Maybe somebody in Europe can buy one for you and you can use it with the transformer? It is nifty, well-built, and I love using it. I do my UP5 routine while watching TV. My husband gives me grief about it "talking" to me. It tells you what mode you are in. Each mode is about 3 minutes and it automatically stops when it's done, which is very nice so I don't have to time myself. If you want to add time, or switch to another mode, you just press on one button to cycle through all the modes. Being cordless with a recharger station is also very handy.

I need to explore using all of the modes, especially the cleansing mode. I only use the eye zone, lifting, and Vit C modes right now. I've never tried the music function either. It has alot of features for the price. You can adjust the level of intensity too.

Hope you can find one somehow...

Now I really want one. Oh well, maybe some company will get it approved over here and start selling them. The person who I have been in contact with said it wouldn't go thru customs and comes back to them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Frodo"]
boski wrote:
Frodo wrote:
I am curious if anyone in the UK has used the UP5.

Now I really want one.

ME TOO!!!! Shock Rolling Eyes

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Calling Boski!!

I just got my UP5. the booklet with it is basic, isnt it?!

Have you ever used it with the VIt C ? How did it go?

Do you have any tips on how to use this? I tried it today on cleanse and lift amd eye mode. I did all of them on the Low setting.

Which setting do you use?

Do you see a visible result after treatment, or is it more a prophylactic?

I feel like my under eye area looks less saggy.. but it could just be wishful thinking!

If you only use it once a week.. do you keep it charging all week?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Catski, keep us updated with your feedback on the UP5. It looks like a great multi-use device!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm lemming for one of these. My sister may be going to Ireland sometime this year and if so I will order one and have them mail it to her inlaws and then she can hand carry it to the US. It's the only way I can think of to get one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
You all probably won't be surprised but I've got the Facemate - I haven't been using it because I wanted to give other items fair test time. After reading this thread, it reminded me to pull it out of my beauty gadget bag and give it another whirl!

I use my conductive gel (same one I use for the Nuface) that I bought on eBay and just keep adding it to the circles while I'm using it, which works well. Also, I once used it on 1 MHz - not realizing that this was a STRONGER setting - my face showed sagging when I got done so be sure to keep it on 3 MHz for the face. I did so today and it worked geat - pores look smaller, etc.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it's common practice to apply whatever treatment you want before using the ultrasound. I applied oat beta glucans, let them absorb, then went forward with my treatment. It is supposed to really work it in this way and seemed to be the case so try it out! I'm going to add pearl powder as soon as it arrives to my next treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, scalawaggirl! I have the Facemate too but I'm lemming rechargeable or battery operated devices cause I'm limited in plug-in outlets and also don't like to be stuck to a wall. I don't use the Facemate too much for that reason. That's why I'm lemming a rechargeable Dermawand - catski says she has one and I haven't found a listing online for a rechargeable one yet. I guess we both are gadget queens! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
LOL, scalawaggirl! I have the Facemate too but I'm lemming rechargeable or battery operated devices cause I'm limited in plug-in outlets and also don't like to be stuck to a wall. I don't use the Facemate too much for that reason. That's why I'm lemming a rechargeable Dermawand - catski says she has one and I haven't found a listing online for a rechargeable one yet. I guess we both are gadget queens! Bad Grin

Oh my, I can't imagine adding no-power outlet devices to my must-haves. Smile I've been using a guy's grooming kit to house my gadgets for travel, which has worked out well. I also put the conductive gel in travel-sized tubs that fit into the bag - but my Nuface uses a battery so that's one less cord. When I travel, I bring my Oxylight, Quasar SP, Facemate and Nuface. How's that for nuts, fellow gadget queen? Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to Florida this week and I have not been planning on bringing any other gadget than my Sonicare toothbrush. I brought my Nuface on my last trip - used the bag that came with it and it got discolored from it!!! - must have been humidity or something. I use a Clarisonic for daily cleansing but am just planning to bring a microdermabrasion sponge I got on Ebay.

In addition, to missing my sweet cat, I may go into gadget withdrawal! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
ha. It's addictive, this stuff, isnt it. Soon I will have as many gadgets as pairs of sunglasses..

I'm perplexed about the power level of the unit and the sagging issue.

The UP5 is "Micro current: 500 Hz; 13.2V - 16.6V (Vp-p) and Frequency: 70 - 500 Hz "
Which doesnt mean a great deal to me, frankly.

The instructions say that for normal skin the eye area treatment and face lifting can be done every two days.

But Boski is being cautious and only using it once a week.

I'd really like to use it more than once a week, and get more result..but I am afeared of sagging!

It also has Low, Medium and High power settings, and I'm not sure which one to go for. I've started with Low, and pleased with the result. And obviously now greedy for more.Wink

Scally, have you looked at the UP5 link at all? I wondered how you thought it compared to the facemate.

Because obviously I'm wondering if I need both... Cool
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
ha. It's addictive, this stuff, isnt it. Soon I will have as many gadgets as pairs of sunglasses..

I'm perplexed about the power level of the unit and the sagging issue.

The UP5 is "Micro current: 500 Hz; 13.2V - 16.6V (Vp-p) and Frequency: 70 - 500 Hz "
Which doesnt mean a great deal to me, frankly.

The instructions say that for normal skin the eye area treatment and face lifting can be done every two days.

But Boski is being cautious and only using it once a week.

I'd really like to use it more than once a week, and get more result..but I am afeared of sagging!

It also has Low, Medium and High power settings, and I'm not sure which one to go for. I've started with Low, and pleased with the result. And obviously now greedy for more.Wink

Scally, have you looked at the UP5 link at all? I wondered how you thought it compared to the facemate.

Because obviously I'm wondering if I need both... Cool

Catski, I have not used the UP5 at all so can't compare, sorry. Sad I'd say keep it on low and work your way up atleast until you can do the medium (on a weekend, in case of sag!) Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

Catski, I have not used the UP5 at all so can't compare, sorry. Sad I'd say keep it on low and work your way up atleast until you can do the medium (on a weekend, in case of sag!) Smile

Thanks Scallawaggirl. You do realise you are a High Level Goddess in this world and as such will be asked for advice on just about anything, regardless of wether you have set eyes on it or not... Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Thanks Scallawaggirl. You do realise you are a High Level Goddess in this world and as such will be asked for advice on just about anything, regardless of wether you have set eyes on it or not... Laughing

ROFL, Catski! Hey, haven't forgotten about you so don't worry - still awaiting one delivery so will follow up as soon as I receive it. Oh, and I will gladly give you opinions on things I know nothing about!

Update for the kids wanting to know how the at-home Facemate is working - one word - GREAT! My pores, which are one of the banes of my skin care existence, are about 90% clear! The device also works at helping to exfoliate old skin (I also regularly do this manually and only occasionally now, chemically), shrinks pores (due to cleaning them out) and kills bacteria (so helps with breakouts). I am breakout-free at the moment though I just added an Oat glucan supplement and am having a few bumps here and there. I'm not too concerned as it is almost certainly due to this addition AND the Facemate cleaning out my pores. I'm going to do another session today as a treat between laundry. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Ok, scalawaggirl, I'm gonna pull the Facemate out and use it! Can you tell me what settings you are doing to do what? LOL. Catski, Facemate is another device with not much info given in manual! Brick wall

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
Frodo wrote:
I am curious if anyone in the UK has used the UP5. I have been conversing with the contact person and in our last email she said:

Well - I am truly sorry. UP5 is a great device and it is very effective. As devices go - we are now selling it for couple of years and we had no single complaint about it. It sells a lot by actual recommendations - friend to friend. And it is shame that we cannot ship it to the USA. It is looked upon as iontophoresis device, which in the USA falls under the jurisdiction of FDA. If we were to ship it - it would only be stopped at the border and send back to us.

If you come to the UK or Europe on holiday - let me know. It is strange that you could take it with you from here to the USA and there would be no problem carrying it and using it in the USA. You are correct - you would only need to get a transformer to adapt it to the US voltage for it to work beautifully. It does wonders with the skincare!

That's funny because I was able to order the UP5 with the US Adapter from Winhealth in February 2006. So I must of narrowly squeaked by and got one before they shut the door on US shipments. Maybe somebody in Europe can buy one for you and you can use it with the transformer? It is nifty, well-built, and I love using it. I do my UP5 routine while watching TV. My husband gives me grief about it "talking" to me. It tells you what mode you are in. Each mode is about 3 minutes and it automatically stops when it's done, which is very nice so I don't have to time myself. If you want to add time, or switch to another mode, you just press on one button to cycle through all the modes. Being cordless with a recharger station is also very handy.

I need to explore using all of the modes, especially the cleansing mode. I only use the eye zone, lifting, and Vit C modes right now. I've never tried the music function either. It has alot of features for the price. You can adjust the level of intensity too.

Hope you can find one somehow...

My sister is working on "an angle" to get me one. She has friends in Europe. I so hope it works out so I can get one. I will need to get an adapter as well.

Hope everyone is having/had a nice weekend. Don't like loosing an hour though. Sad For those outside of the US that means daylight savings time, spring forward an hour, which is a good thing because more daylight later in the day.

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Frodo wrote:
Odile wrote:
Thanks poohlisey!

Great site.
Have any of you taken a look at the new models they have? Ultrasound/LED sounds like best of both worlds?
I'm still deciding about adding bells and whistles or not...!!! Very Happy

I am having a "senior moment". What model are you looking at that is Ultrasound/Led? Please forgive me for my ignorance.

You can find quite a few with ultrasound/infrared combined.

http://www.ib3health.com/products/UltrasonicBeauty/Index.shtml

Hey Lisey, I have the exact same model as you but have always been afraid to use it! Laughing Is it really that easy to use? I used it only once and then got nervous after I read that some use it to lose "fat" on their face which I personally don't need to have happen. Have you noticed that on yourself? Are the benefits of using it very apparent? TIA! Very Happy
havana8

Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
p.s. I've purchased from ib3health.com several times over the last two years and they are *GREAT* to deal. They were quick to answer my emails, delivery was efficient and their pricing always seems quite fair
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Ok, scalawaggirl, I'm gonna pull the Facemate out and use it! Can you tell me what settings you are doing to do what? LOL. Catski, Facemate is another device with not much info given in manual! Brick wall

Yesterday, I used it for 30 minutes. I set it for 1 MHz and used the other options though right now, I can't recall the exact words for them (biorhythm, etc.). Let me double check and I'll get back to you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Facemate fromwww.ib3health.com a few years ago. But I do see it listed on Ebay for much less than what I paid for it. Don't know if the price has gone down on the ib3health site as well.

Unfortunately, I haven't been using it regularly. Partly because I was unsure of how to use it. Also because it's a plug in and I'm limited in the number of outlets I have (yes, I have a surge protector extension cord to maximize my plugs). I'm gonna pull it out and use it now that scalawaggirl is using it with good results.

Oh, cool, I checked the ib3health website and see they have improved instructions for the Facemate there. I'll use 3mhz on face and try 1mhz on a hurt arm/elbow which I've been using the Quasar SP on.

I'm lemming a rechargeable item like the UP5 and Catski's oxygen wand (similar to the Dermawand but rechargeable). I know I would use a rechargeable item more often.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:

Okay! Back with details on my settings:

3 MHz Ultrasonic
Mixed-wave micro (M)
High energetic light
30 minutes

Now, I will add a 5-minute negative ion pass after my next treatment. I just reviewed my pores in my magnification mirror and they are even clearer!

ETA: Had the MHz incorrect so edited it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
And another thing... Smile I went ahead with the negative ion pass for 5 minutes and wow, oh, wow. My skin looks/feels fantastic! Everything's tighter and cleaner. I can't believe I've left this little gadget collecting dust for so long.

Thanks for reminding me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Cool, scalawaggirl, I'm definitely pulling this out and using it! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Hey Lisey, I have the exact same model as you but have always been afraid to use it! Laughing Is it really that easy to use? I used it only once and then got nervous after I read that some use it to lose "fat" on their face which I personally don't need to have happen. Have you noticed that on yourself? Are the benefits of using it very apparent? TIA! Very Happy

Hi havana8,
I haven't noticed on losing any fat.. But I've noticed that my face has becoming more poreless, and firm eversince I started it. It's quite easy to use, you just have to use it with a conducting gel, or else it won't work. The ultrasonic device has made a difference in my skin, so this is why I love it so much. 3 MHz should be fine for the face. I use mine for 10 minutes per day on the weekdays, and around 20-30 minutes on the weekends. Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm somewhat amazed by the effect the UP5 had on lifting my eye area. I have sunken under eye area, and just one use of this had me looking better all weekend. I thought maybe I was imagining it - because how could 3 minutes of treatment on 'low' setting have such an effect? Incredible.

Well, I've just done it for the second time, so we shall see. The initial efect, right now, is a big improvement. It's like turning back the clock in front of my eyes.

I'm a bit spooked by the effectiveness of it. It's a bit like a CACI. But so quick.

I really would like to get a 3hz device for having a go at cellulite... preferably one with a large head. Has anyone spotted one of these?

Lunarm and Scally - you are so funny, having these devices stashed away! If you ever have a car boot sale, I'd get up at dawn to be there..

Frodo I could post the UP5 onto you if you buy it and have it posted to me, no problem. The reason I havent offered is because I 'm hoping one will turn up closer to home for you, just in case you need support with it or have any problems. It could be a potential headache if Winnhealth were unsupportive under such circumstances.

What is it about the UP5 that you like so much more than the Facemate?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Frodo I could post the UP5 onto you if you buy it and have it posted to me, no problem. The reason I havent offered is because I 'm hoping one will turn up closer to home for you, just in case you need support with it or have any problems. It could be a potential headache if Winnhealth were unsupportive under such circumstances.

What is it about the UP5 that you like so much more than the Facemate?

I did a lot of reading about various units and decided the UP5 was the way to go. And now with your posts and results makes me want it more than ever. But......I probably will go with something else because of the adapter thingy and.....I wouldn't be able to return it if something was wrong with the unit. I p@#$%ed off. Now I know what it feels like when people outside of the US can't get things from here.

Thanks so much for your offer.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |