Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Hi, has anyone tried an at home skin ultrasound machine, rop
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I have no idea if I am talking about the same thing with you. But the so-called "at home skin ultrasound machine" is famous these years in Japan and TaiWang. There are so many kinds of it and the prices differ greatly. I brought one last year to help clean the skin and make it suck products better. It works but after a period of time I became too lazy to use it.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
And another thing... Smile I went ahead with the negative ion pass for 5 minutes and wow, oh, wow. My skin looks/feels fantastic! Everything's tighter and cleaner. I can't believe I've left this little gadget collecting dust for so long.

Thanks for reminding me!

Hi Scally! Facemate is the exact unit I was so curious about a few weeks ago when this thread first began. I'd love to hear how you would compare it to all your other beauty devices (BQ, Nuface, and the larger Q). Ideally, I am hoping this device will help to firm my brow and upper eyelids, as well as some slight sagging around my jawline and neck. I was also intrigued by this unit because I read that 3 MHz sonic frequency is ideal for cellulite reduction, and I'd love to own a unit that can multi-task! Have you ever used your Facemate elsewhere on your body with any noticable results?

The negative ion pass has also peaked my interest - is this something you will do now after every treatment? Or is it something you do a few times a week?

Thanks for your help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I just stumbled across this thread, and now I'm all confused Rolling Eyes. I've been trying to decide whether to get a NuFace for an absolute age, but this UP5 gizmo looks as if it might have a similar firming effect - does anyone happen to know how the two compare?
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Calling Boski!!

I just got my UP5. the booklet with it is basic, isnt it?!

Have you ever used it with the VIt C ? How did it go?

Do you have any tips on how to use this? I tried it today on cleanse and lift amd eye mode. I did all of them on the Low setting.

Which setting do you use?

Do you see a visible result after treatment, or is it more a prophylactic?

I feel like my under eye area looks less saggy.. but it could just be wishful thinking!

If you only use it once a week.. do you keep it charging all week?

Congrats on your new toy Catski! I've had mine for a year and still haven't raised the setting from low. I probably should at this point. I just started using the cleansing mode last week with my cleansers. I'm hoping that helps unclog the pores on my nose and chin. I have used vitamin C as well as other topicals with the infusion mode and it works great.

I only use the lifting and eye zone mode once a week to be conservative and not overwork the facial muscles. I'm very pleased with the way it's kept my face from sagging, especially the jowl area and NL folds. The changes should be subtle and cumulative over time, but I do notice the day after I use it, it seems to lift my eyes and face even more. So I always use it the night before special events.

I keep mine charged up all the time. It says not to drain the battery for best performance.

Keep us updated on your progress!!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
catski wrote:
Calling Boski!!

I just got my UP5. the booklet with it is basic, isnt it?!

Have you ever used it with the VIt C ? How did it go?

Do you have any tips on how to use this? I tried it today on cleanse and lift amd eye mode. I did all of them on the Low setting.

Which setting do you use?

Do you see a visible result after treatment, or is it more a prophylactic?

I feel like my under eye area looks less saggy.. but it could just be wishful thinking!

If you only use it once a week.. do you keep it charging all week?

Congrats on your new toy Catski! I've had mine for a year and still haven't raised the setting from low. I probably should at this point. I just started using the cleansing mode last week with my cleansers. I'm hoping that helps unclog the pores on my nose and chin. I have used vitamin C as well as other topicals with the infusion mode and it works great.

I only use the lifting and eye zone mode once a week to be conservative and not overwork the facial muscles. I'm very pleased with the way it's kept my face from sagging, especially the jowl area and NL folds. The changes should be subtle and cumulative over time, but I do notice the day after I use it, it seems to lift my eyes and face even more. So I always use it the night before special events.

I keep mine charged up all the time. It says not to drain the battery for best performance.

Keep us updated on your progress!!

I can't stop from lemming this. Pray

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Hi Scally! Facemate is the exact unit I was so curious about a few weeks ago when this thread first began. I'd love to hear how you would compare it to all your other beauty devices (BQ, Nuface, and the larger Q). Ideally, I am hoping this device will help to firm my brow and upper eyelids, as well as some slight sagging around my jawline and neck. I was also intrigued by this unit because I read that 3 MHz sonic frequency is ideal for cellulite reduction, and I'd love to own a unit that can multi-task! Have you ever used your Facemate elsewhere on your body with any noticable results?

The negative ion pass has also peaked my interest - is this something you will do now after every treatment? Or is it something you do a few times a week?

Thanks for your help!

Hmm, well, well, let's see here. I do love my gadgets, I must say. Smile Okay, to start things off:

I upgraded to the Quasar SP from the smaller Baby Q and I use it approximately 1x/week to build collagen, give my skin a creamy tone, even out my skin tone and lessen hyperpigmentation/redness. It requires less time than the BQ for the same results.

The Nuface zaps the muscles in the face/neck with little pulses. This tightens the muscles and also is supposed to help build collagen production.

As for the Facemate, it absolutely cleans out pores (noticeably after one use for me - I was amazed); it also stimulates collagen production, firms and combats wrinkles. I have incorporated the negative ion step into my routine after I am done using the ultrasound.

So, as you can see, they all do different things. I appreciate each of their benefits and am a happy owner of all three devices. Smile Not much help with deciding between them, am I?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Boski, thankyou!
Actually I was SO pleased with the eye lift I got from the UP5 that I decided to go for it and do what the booklet says which is 'every two days'. The prospect of turning back the years on my under - eye sag was just too tempting for caution. So far, so good.

I'm crazy about this device. Frodo - my offer still stands. I'm happy to be an enabler but I dont want to enable you into a bad position.. Confused

I agree it is a nice thing to have LOTS of gadgets, as they each have different benefits. Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Boski, thankyou!
Actually I was SO pleased with the eye lift I got from the UP5 that I decided to go for it and do what the booklet says which is 'every two days'. The prospect of turning back the years on my under - eye sag was just too tempting for caution. So far, so good.

I'm crazy about this device. Frodo - my offer still stands. I'm happy to be an enabler but I dont want to enable you into a bad position.. Confused

I agree it is a nice thing to have LOTS of gadgets, as they each have different benefits. Very Happy

Hey, catski. Would you say the Facemate compares to the UP5? I'm wondering about the super sonic lifting you're describing. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
catski wrote:
Boski, thankyou!

Hey, catski. Would you say the Facemate compares to the UP5? I'm wondering about the super sonic lifting you're describing. Smile

Ha ha, Scally. A few posts back, I asked you the same question..

I dont know, I dont have the FaceMate! ( I want one, though!)

The UP5 has a specific 'eye mode' - you apply eye cream ( quite a lot ) and it drives it in to the skin and lifts it.

I wondered if maybe it was like the NuFace... but you DONT use conductive gels with the UP5, you use products of your own choice. I've been using it with miessence firming eye cream so far.

It has 4 modes : cleanse, lift, eye lift and Vit C mode, in which you put some vit c product inside the device and use it on your face for brightening - havent done that yet.

The cleansing is thorough - I use clarisonic daily, but still, the UP5 sorted out some congested pores.

It's a groovy little item.

I wish I had a huge one for my entire body.
Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Ha ha, Scally. A few posts back, I asked you the same question..

I dont know, I dont have the FaceMate! ( I want one, though!)

The UP5 has a specific 'eye mode' - you apply eye cream ( quite a lot ) and it drives it in to the skin and lifts it.

I wondered if maybe it was like the NuFace... but you DONT use conductive gels with the UP5, you use products of your own choice. I've been using it with miessence firming eye cream so far.

It has 4 modes : cleanse, lift, eye lift and Vit C mode, in which you put some vit c product inside the device and use it on your face for brightening - havent done that yet.

The cleansing is thorough - I use clarisonic daily, but still, the UP5 sorted out some congested pores.

It's a groovy little item.

I wish I had a huge one for my entire body.
Laughing

ROFLLMAO, it figures you asked me first! I'm a gadget junkie but this is definitely intriguing...hmm..wondering whether I should start lemming this to add to my arsenal...tsk, tsk.

I like the idea that you use your own creams and the lifting - hmmmmmmmm. Off to do more research!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - Was on another forum and an
esthetician in S Africa is raving about the UP5
with ionized conductive gel. She swears by it
and says it does wonders for her patients.
As I live in the USA, understand it can't be
delivered over here. SHe keeps talking about getting involved with a "supplier" to get one.
Help - any ideas what she means or how to
puchase one and get it through to the US.
We have e-mailed back and forth but have
never done this "supplier" deal and wnder
if I'm trying to do something impossible.
Thx for your assistance - DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:52 am      Reply with quote
I can't wait to get one of these gadgets but can't decide between the Facemate and UP5. (I contacted Win Health and they said they send to Oz, so no problem there). Can someone tell me why the Facemate requires conductive gell and the UP5 works with your own products - to me, they seem very similar in the way they operate, so why the gell?

This is probably a dumb question - but could you use the device with emu oil? Or would the oil heat up and burn your face. I don't really use any other moisturiser apart from the emu oil, so if I get the UP5 what would you suggest? Although, I think I did read that you can use it with just water - is this effective?

Any input on which machine to go for would be really appreciated.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I asked the seller on ebay about using conductive gel with the FaceMate and he said no need to.

As for the emu oil - I think try it and see.

And report back!

I dont think we know which one is "better"... which is why some of us want both!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys. I can't find anything that says you must specifically use conductive gel but I do and here's why: what little information I found on the web said that you put your products on (Vitamin C; in my case, usually Oat Beta Glucans), then conductive gel - everyone that uses these things in the east (China, Singapore, Japan, etc.) seems to recommend the gel and the consensus is that they won't really work without it. I can tell you that when I use the gel, it glides over my skin and I can hear a little "buzzing" sound; if I don't (tried it once), nothing. I know that's not true scientic evidence but I thought I should let you all know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
So that's the FAceMate, Scally? ( and the NuFace, I guess.) You feel the Facemate doesnt actually work without the gel, then.

Well, the UP5 does work without the gel. Buzzing and all.

so there's a good bit of dinstinguishing info.

Do you have to wash the conducting gel off, afterward?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:24 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
So that's the FAceMate, Scally? ( and the NuFace, I guess.) You feel the Facemate doesnt actually work without the gel, then.

Well, the UP5 does work without the gel. Buzzing and all.

so there's a good bit of dinstinguishing info.

Do you have to wash the conducting gel off, afterward?

Hey you. I use the gel with both the Facemate and the Nuface. The gel is washed off afterward but the brand I bought from eBay was cheap, does not break me out (quite the feat in itself) and washes of easily. My impression, again not an expert so if anyone else knows differently - please chime in, is that it doesn't work without the gel.

I use my Nuface in the morning with the gel after I initially wash my face (or before, if I remember, but it makes no difference whatsoever). I've noticed it does a fantastic job of relieving my neck lines and, of course, tightens up my cheeks. It take so little time that I can hardly NOT use it. Laughing I am still sort of lemming the UP5 but can't really justify buying another machine, if I can't decide it does something else that the Facemate doesn't (the eye lift thing...for example). Also, the fact it has no adaptor now for the US makes it less interesting but who knows?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm still interested in the UP5 because of some of it's cool options - it's rechargeable!!!, eye lift, "sound therapy" (has anyone tried this - it sounds fun), etc. I have used the Facemate with gel but now prefer just spraying my face beforehand with Avene thermal water to promote conductivity. Otherwise, I might try aloe. I just don't like using goo Embarassed

Anyone going to Europe soon?! Maybe you can bring a bunch of UP5s into the U.S. and make a commission - tee hee Laughing An adaptor is easy enough to buy. It's the fact that the company says it won't ship to the U.S. now that's stopping me at this point... (oh, yeah, and $$ and weighing true "need")...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Oh heck, lunmarmm. Now, I'm interested again. I forgot about the rechargeable part! Yikes! How is your experience with the thermal spray for conductivity? How do you use the Facemate, I'm curious? I use it on the mixed microcurrent on 3 Mhz first, then do the negative ion. It really keeps my pores clean!

I think I can get one of my friends to send me one or pick it up when I go over in July. I'll be spending 2 weeks in Great Britain and a weekend in Amsterdam in between.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
OMG its midnight and I should be in bed but I've just bought the UP5 - just couldn't help myself.

I read on another thread that someone was using KY jelly as a conductive gel! If my husband sees me with vibrating machine in one hand and KY jelly in the other, he might get the wrong idea Shock Although, come to think of it, that would probably be easier to explain away than the purchase of another beauty gadget Exclamation
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
oh, shite, you guys! why'd you make me look at this??? the UP5 has sound therapy, for goodness sake! i'm sunk.... grumble, grumble.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Because you can't use ultrasound and were whining about that - the sound therapy is right up your alley!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
oh

my gosh. Embarassed

sound therapy
is that what the nutty music coming out of it is??
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Because you can't use ultrasound and were whining about that - the sound therapy is right up your alley!!!

still can't use it on my arm (and my therapist is now back-tracking about removal. another patient he was *sure* was ready, broke her arm in the exact same place four month later. looks like my bionic arm is her to stay for a little longer. just call me jamie Rolling Eyes )

but look at this:

Sound Therapy - sound therapy uses the mixture of audio stimuli and vibration of the sound to exert relaxing and calming or invigorating and vitalising effects on you and your skin. During treatments with UP5, you can feel the music with your skin. Simply connect UP5 with any source of music (i.e. CD player, MP3, radio) using the cable provided and feel the music through your skin when treating yourself to a beauty session.

Nine Inch Nails all the way, baby!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:39 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
still can't use it on my arm (and my therapist is now back-tracking about removal. another patient he was *sure* was ready, broke her arm in the exact same place four month later. looks like my bionic arm is her to stay for a little longer. just call me jamie Rolling Eyes )

but look at this:

Sound Therapy - sound therapy uses the mixture of audio stimuli and vibration of the sound to exert relaxing and calming or invigorating and vitalising effects on you and your skin. During treatments with UP5, you can feel the music with your skin. Simply connect UP5 with any source of music (i.e. CD player, MP3, radio) using the cable provided and feel the music through your skin when treating yourself to a beauty session.

Nine Inch Nails all the way, baby!

Well, hell, that sucks that you're Jamie for awhile longer but better than the possibility of more problems down the road. Nunnnn nunnn nunnnn (sound of you moving your arm, slow motion naturally, to get the cafe au lait off the counter).

Okay, the sound thing is right killing me! I want it now just for that - oh, and the eye lift but not like I really need it with my Nuface and Oxylight as I might end up looking perpetually surprised! Funny you mention Nine Inch Nails, the first thought that came to my mind was Crystal Method. Sheesh, like that'll be calming! I have a lot of Hed Kandi so would like use something more chill so as not to further damage/warp my brain. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:44 am      Reply with quote
ha! Well - it has it's own music programmed into it which my son found most comical, he was in the room when I switched it on, and the robotic voice began,offering the different programmes, then it started playing funny music. Well, he finds it funny because he's 12.

(I find it funny because I'm 47, I suppose. It's just a silly age. As was 46. And the ages prior to that.)

But there is some music which has been made which is apparently chakra aligning, and there is all the Tibetan chanting which has deep resonances in it which are apparently healing to us on deep levels which we know nothing about.
I have some wonderful Tibetan music. I never thought of feeling it through my skin before.

I wonder what Elvis feels like.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |