Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The new Jan Marini eyelash intervention-calling virgin users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
ok, its been a couple weeks since the new JM has been out...has ANYONE seen any positive results who has never used Revitalash or the old JM?We need feedback on the new product!
ChristinaH

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to know if anyone has seen results with the new JM lash intervention!
nancylo

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello i am beauty student in Taiwan and this is my first post.

Last week my boyfriend came back from America and gave me Jan Marini eyelash grower. It is terrible product. After 3 times use (each time use my eyes feel hot and watery), my eyes sweel and turn red. Then full of white crust. I cannot open eyes, go see doctor. He say I have allergic reaction and infection - throw away product. Just now getting better.

Very angry with Jan marini. Do not use this product. I almost go blind.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi nancy,

Sorry you had an allergic reaction to JM. I had a reaction to talika as well. Too bad you threw away your JM. I am sure you could have swap it or sell it no problem.

I miss taiwan's food Drool

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear that Nancy. My eyes' rims turned red for 1-2 days use of RL. Nothing serious like yours though. Sad
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
in the beginning my eyes kinda turned a little red and irritated but now it doesnt bother me.I know the old stuff for sure...I have new eyelashes growing in odd places like on my eyelid or under my lash line or inner eye and I just pluck the stray out,dont know yet if the new stuff works.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Can someone using the new version of JMAIE post the ingredient list? I'm curious to know what they changed....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Can someone using the new version of JMAIE post the ingredient list? I'm curious to know what they changed....

Not using it...waiting for yours (hint, hint) but here's the ingredient list form skinterra:

Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner by Jan Marini
Ingredients: deionized water, hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycan, sodium hyaluraonate, triethanol-amine, propylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben, acrylates C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, panthenol, biotin, sodium chloride, sodium phosphate, 7-(3, 5-dihydroxy-2-3-hydroxy-4(3-(triflormethyl phenoxy)-1 butenyl) cyclopentyl)-N-ethyl, (1R-(alpha(Z), 2beta(1E,3R*), 3alpha, 5alpha)
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
Hi nancy,

Sorry you had an allergic reaction to JM. I had a reaction to talika as well. Too bad you threw away your JM. I am sure you could have swap it or sell it no problem.

I miss taiwan's food Drool

Mtview, I don't think it's a good idea to swap an eye product especially when there's an infection involved. I'd not buy a used one because you're putting this stuff near your eyes and you want to make sure you're not getting someone else's infection. I can be pretty serious. I think eye doctors would tell you to be careful when using eye drops not to touch your eyelids with the tip of the eye drops, too. Because then you can get reinfected (in case you're treating an eye infection). I went through a period of getting an eye infection, so I am super paranoid when it comes to eyes.
nancylo

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
My eyes little bit better now, but still feel sore, and look red and puffy. I read everyone's eyes turn red too. Why use Jan Marini like this? Why tell me to sell to someone else so make their eyes go blind too?

Doctor say should complain and ban dangerous product like this. He say toxick.

Complain who? where? Taiwan or US? Boyfriend buy from US. How can US allow this product to sell?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
nancy,

If you do want to file a complaint, you may have to file it with JM in the US since the product was bought in US. That is my guess. If your dr can provide you with some sort of documentation that may be very helpful.

I have not tried JM eyelash product myself but it seemed to be the "it" product Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear, I am really sorry to read about your plight, nancylo Crying or Very sad I hope your eyes recover quickly from this nasty experience without being permanently damaged in anyway. Our sight is so precious to us and we don't really come to grips with it until situations like this arise.

There was talk about this in an earlier thread (do a search for Jan Marini ingredients), and some EDS members referred to it as "poison", but they wanted to continue using it because they were convinced it gave them longer eyelashes. I think the only explanation for this is that many of us are very vain women with high disposable incomes!

I think the idea of complaining to Jan Marini in US is a good one. PLUS you should also CC this to an appropriate government agency in the US. The FDA (Food & Drugs Agency, I think?) comes to mind. US residents would know which is best and there are many of them on this forum.

Alternatively, if you contact Jan Marini directly, they may just pay you a lot of $$$$$ to keep quiet.... think about it.

More importantly, take care and get well soon.
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Is it necessary to dip brush in tube again after applying to one eye or will one dip do both eyes?
nancylo

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
Oh dear, I am really sorry to read about your plight, nancylo Crying or Very sad I hope your eyes recover quickly from this nasty experience without being permanently damaged in anyway. Our sight is so precious to us and we don't really come to grips with it until situations like this arise.

There was talk about this in an earlier thread (do a search for Jan Marini ingredients), and some EDS members referred to it as "poison", but they wanted to continue using it because they were convinced it gave them longer eyelashes. I think the only explanation for this is that many of us are very vain women with high disposable incomes!

I think the idea of complaining to Jan Marini in US is a good one. PLUS you should also CC this to an appropriate government agency in the US. The FDA (Food & Drugs Agency, I think?) comes to mind. US residents would know which is best and there are many of them on this forum.

Alternatively, if you contact Jan Marini directly, they may just pay you a lot of $$$$$ to keep quiet.... think about it.

More importantly, take care and get well soon.

Much thank you for kind words. Slowly getting better. I wear sunglasses to look at computer and TV still because light can be paintful. I will take your advice, I think. Because this product is so bad. Nothing I put on eyes before hurt bad like this.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
amber23 wrote:
Is it necessary to dip brush in tube again after applying to one eye or will one dip do both eyes?
Depending upon how much you "scrape" off on the edge of the bottle before you apply it, then one dip should complete both eyes. Remember -- the active ingredient is VERY potent so you only need to use the tiniest amount! It is not necessary to saturate the lashline or lashes with the product in order to attain results -- when you apply it, the serum should be completely dry on your lashline within 30-45 seconds of application or it means you are applying too much....

HTH,
Carrie

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
can someone tell me what IS the active ingredient in the new JM?

I have it, been using one week, will post results when i see some Very Happy

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
steffers wrote:

It appears to be, or else a form of, Travopost (the Rx glaucoma med).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
steffers wrote:

But JM and RL always say it isn't the glaucoma med. In their ingredient list, do you know which is the active??? Is it legal to use an RX in an over the counter if you're using small amounts? I'm just curious.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
carekate wrote:
steffers wrote:

But JM and RL always say it isn't the glaucoma med. In their ingredient list, do you know which is the active??? Is it legal to use an RX in an over the counter if you're using small amounts? I'm just curious.

See this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21211 Apparently the "gooble-dy gook" on the newly revised label with which they replaced "EyeLash Growth Factor" is -- in fact -- the chemical makeup for a form of the glaucoma med. I'm not a chemist so I can't colloborate that supposition, but that is the way it is starting to appear....

Happily, my lash growth serum does NOT reply on illegal Rx meds! Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="carekate"][quote="yogi"]
carekate wrote:

When is it going to be available?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="doba"][quote="carekate"]
yogi wrote:
carekate wrote:

A couple more weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="carekate"][quote="doba"]
carekate wrote:
yogi wrote:
carekate wrote:

A couple more weeks.

Thanks! Can hardly wait. Smile
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
nancylo wrote:
Much thank you for kind words. Slowly getting better. I wear sunglasses to look at computer and TV still because light can be paintful. I will take your advice, I think. Because this product is so bad. Nothing I put on eyes before hurt bad like this.

Hey nancylo, if you are watching this thread, there is probably a darn good reason why you reacted the way you did.

Put on your sunglasses and see here:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/skinactives/vpost?id=1720487&trail=15
http://www.fda.gov/cder/consumerinfo/druginfo/travatan.htm

Take this to your doctor!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="carekate"][quote="doba"]
carekate wrote:
yogi wrote:
carekate wrote:

A couple more weeks.

Carekate! You must realize you have just made a ton of women happy (including me) with this announcement. We have been waiting forever for your lush lash serum which is both effective AND safe to use.

The next question is how do we buy it? I already PM'd you before that I wanted to be on your wait list to buy the product, but haven't heard back if I'm already on your wait list or not. Also how do I pay you? Do you take paypal?

Thanks again! Woohoo. I am really happy because I've been worried about using Revitalash. I feel that it may be drying out my eyes.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I was always skeptical of JM , although I have wanted to purchase it. All the articles say the negative effects are cumalative & possibly permanent.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |