Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
The new Jan Marini eyelash intervention-calling virgin users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Its been out for over a month, I havent seen many positive results posted. I saw a big difference in my lashes in under 3 weeks with the old formula, so if anyone has seen results with the new, please post.
wahine220
5% products discount

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
it's been over a month for me also and still nothing. Crying or Very sad
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Didn't someone post in this thread that they were told results weren't seen until the three month mark?

Somehow, after all the bs from JM, this doesn't surprise me. Maybe I'll be wrong.

kimberly
whose very glad she bought RL.
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm so pleased I went with R and not JM too!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I gave my sister a new tube of JM for her birthday,I hope she is not disappointed and I have had people who thought I had extensions wanted to buy JM when I told them thats what I used,I hope they have luck or they will be mad at me if they dont Embarassed
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I gave my sister a new tube of JM for her birthday,I hope she is not disappointed and I have had people who thought I had extensions wanted to buy JM when I told them thats what I used,I hope they have luck or they will be mad at me if they dont Embarassed

Lucy, she should not be mad at you. That's a very generous gift regardless. If they get mad at you, tell them not to ever look at a gift horse in its mouth, and that you're never buying them any more gifts from now on. That will probably shut them up fast.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well all the "bad press" about JM's new eyelash intervention makes me REALLY want to get my hands on Carekate's new lash serum. Does anyone know when it will be available for sale? I keep seeing "a couple of weeks" in various threads, but does anyone have an exact date yet? Carrie? Are ya listening?? LOLOL
spygrrl
5% products discount

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:47 am      Reply with quote
As much as I want longer lashes, and more of them Very Happy , I am on the fence about trying this.

First off, I'm pretty angry about the situation with the "old" formulation. The FDA doesn't step in and mess with you over little things. I mean, there are supplements filling racks and racks in health food stores with unproven claims, but you don't see the FDA going after all of them - the FDA just isn't big enough to find and deal with all possible offenders. So there had to be some reason that the FDA chose to follow up with the JM situation.

But what I am most pissed about is that I have no actual proof as to whether or not Jan Marini was indeed illegally using a drug and not disclosing it. We have lots of anecdotal evidence that it was a glaucoma drug, given the reported effects of the usage (the amazing growth reports, reports of darkening eyelids, darkened irises, etc.) but no scientific proof. JM won't be straight with us, and so far I haven't seen any sort of clear declaration from the FDA. Could we get a clear and honest response from the FDA if we inquired? I personally would be quite pissed if I were buying a product that contained a regulated drug, and it was not disclosed. I'm not saying I wouldn't accept the risks in order to get the benefits (and there are plenty of side effects possible with the drug in question), I'm just saying that I should have the *right* to have all the facts and decide for myself whether to subject myself to the risks.

Second, now we have the "new" formulation, which JM claims to contain a better "relative" of the old active ingredient. Well, unfortunately, I'm not a chemist. One would NEED to be a chemist to know how different the new formulation is from the old. Change one molecule - and you could have an entirely different substance, or something extremely close to the original. (It's all about the # of elements and how they are attached to one another. For example, C and H [Carbon & Hydrogen] can combine to form various gases: methane, ethane, butane, propane, etc.)

The problem is, not being chemists, *we don't know* what was in the first formula OR the second, and whether they behave similarly or not. Jan Marini has no choice about coming clean that it's a new formulation - but whether it has an active ingredient that actually works, well, of course there going to say what they can to get us to buy the product! Given the disclaimers slapped all over the website and product packaging, I am not inclined to trust JM's word here.

Hmmm, after ranting here, I've just realized that I'm no longer on the fence. As much as I want longer lashes, and as much as I might be willing to take certain health risks to get them, I'm just too offended by JM's handling of the whole thing.

I guess I will wait for CareKate's serum.

To those of you who try the new formula - good luck! I really honestly hope you get great results. But just like I could never invest of any of Trump's properties (I despise that man), I've decided I'm not comfortable sending my hard-earned $$ to JM. A personal decision, and not meant to reflect at all on any who choose to buy their products.

If anyone knows a chemist who can evaluate the ingredients, by all means get involved! Lots of ladies here would be grateful.

M
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
someone mentioned on here,maybe it was waffle that the FDA pulled it because of a complaint by Allergan,(the Botox co)that they owned the patent on one of the drugs...something like that otherwise maybe the FDA would have left them alone.I mean why hasnt Revitalash been pulled?Its essentially the same thing...I dont really care about the politics of all of this,I am not here to split hairs over "what JM did"I am just wanted better lashes so when they pulled it I just went to ebay and bought it for 200 and it gave me what I wanted awesome thick long, long lashes. I hate the FDA they have to mess with the 1 product that actually DOES what it says but they let products like strivectin stay on the market which are completely useless...a 100 tube of lotion which doesnt do crap.
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I remember reading that someone on this board did contact the FDA regarding the Jan Marini product and they told her they couldn't comment on ongoing investigations...but what about now? Isn't their investigation completed if JM is selling a new formula, so why can't we know what the results of their investigation is? Why does it have to be secret now?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
someone mentioned on here,maybe it was waffle that the FDA pulled it because of a complaint by Allergan,(the Botox co)that they owned the patent on one of the drugs...something like that otherwise maybe the FDA would have left them alone.I mean why hasnt Revitalash been pulled?Its essentially the same thing...I dont really care about the politics of all of this,I am not here to split hairs over "what JM did"I am just wanted better lashes so when they pulled it I just went to ebay and bought it for 200 and it gave me what I wanted awesome thick long, long lashes. I hate the FDA they have to mess with the 1 product that actually DOES what it says but they let products like strivectin stay on the market which are completely useless...a 100 tube of lotion which doesnt do crap.

I just checked out ebay. There's no more old JM for sale. Does the old version have a mascara style applicator while the new version has the brush style (just like RL) applicator?
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still using my tube of "old" formula. It has the eyeliner type brush, not the mascara type one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:29 am      Reply with quote
they both have a liner type brush but the old the stick is white, the new the stick is black. You will occasionally see the old formula pop up on ebay but sells for over 200 now since people are still uncertain if the new stuff works. It better work or JM's reputation is toast for sure and will never recover.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I am a virgin user and I got it when it came back so I guess I have been using for around 1 month. I have extremely senstitive/allergic eyes. I only use it every other night and put Castor oil on every other. It did make my eyes red but not so much anymore. It does make my lids slightly itchy and irritated but it is tolerable. It might be getting better over time, not sure. I saw my lid skin along the lash area get darker right away. I actually like that. Makes my lash line stand out more. Just recenly I thought it looked like they were growing longer but if they are it is slow. And maybe it is the Castor oil. I am basically biding time until Carekate's comes. I am fairly new here and I just worried she will run out of it and her supply will be snapped up by all you old timers. So it was the JM or the other one and I chose JM. If I don't get in on the Carekate one I might try SA's KGF.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I mean why hasnt Revitalash been pulled?
My guess on that is because RL isn't as well known as JMAIE, I don’t recall any hype about RL (i.e.: no beauty mags have mentioned it, and I don’t recall it being mentioned on any national TV shows like JM was featured on the “Today” show) so it doesn’t have as high a profile. I mean, I believe that the only reason that so many started to use RL was because they were searching for an alternative to JMAIE during the months it was pulled and found out about the existence of RL by seeing it mentioned on forums like EDS and/or other beauty blogs/forums. Also, the manufacturer of RL isn’t (to the best of my knowledge) a high profile player in the cosmoceuticals industries the way that JM is so it may just be that because they are a “smaller fish” that the FDA hasn’t become aware of them yet....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
well you would think if JM got jerked by the FDA that JM would point the finger at RL and say to the FDA "why havent you pulled RL then?" you know tit for tat and all of that...and I thought I read somewhere that RL is actually being investigated by the FDA too-better snap it up while its around(then you can sell it for 250 on ebay!)I still have not seen a lot of positive feedback, its been well over a month.The old JM gave results right away-3 weeks it was very obvious to me.Where are all the success stories?
Lolalondon
5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:46 am      Reply with quote
well i haven't had miracles...

its been a month for me and i have been applying it twice daily. i have annoyed boyfriend by constantly asking whether he thinks my eyelashes are longer - he didnt even notice my extensions!!!! Laughing

BUT....my lashes are better..they were in a bad way before i started using it after false eyelash abuse - very short and dry...now they are slightly longer. That's it really - a bit longer and a bit fuller but the miracles I expected are sadly missing.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Lolalondon wrote:
well i haven't had miracles...

its been a month for me and i have been applying it twice daily. i have annoyed boyfriend by constantly asking whether he thinks my eyelashes are longer - he didnt even notice my extensions!!!! Laughing

BUT....my lashes are better..they were in a bad way before i started using it after false eyelash abuse - very short and dry...now they are slightly longer. That's it really - a bit longer and a bit fuller but the miracles I expected are sadly missing.

Your bf is just like mine. He did not notice my extensions either. LOL I was teasing him if my RL made my lashes grow all the way down to my feet, he'd probably not notice, but he said he would. He said I'd look like a freak. Mad
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
if I wanted a lash conditioner i could use vaseline for one dollar. I do feel there is a difference between the 2 with the OLD formula there was no mistaking the results seen, havent heard many good reports on the new JM -it may be a ripoff.I just bought 2 useless tubes. When I run out of the old JM I may switch to revitlash if the new JM proves useless.
Lolalondon
5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say, I feel a little ripped off...my lashes are healthier but in the back of my mind I think that they would look exactly the same now had I laid off the false eyelashes for a month and not used JM...

I may also try RevitaLash - hey, I have already spent an obscene amount of this tiny part of my body, why not shell out more! Laughing
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
I am a virgin user and I got it when it came back so I guess I have been using for around 1 month. I have extremely senstitive/allergic eyes. I only use it every other night and put Castor oil on every other. It did make my eyes red but not so much anymore. It does make my lids slightly itchy and irritated but it is tolerable. It might be getting better over time, not sure. I saw my lid skin along the lash area get darker right away. I actually like that. Makes my lash line stand out more. Just recenly I thought it looked like they were growing longer but if they are it is slow. And maybe it is the Castor oil. I am basically biding time until Carekate's comes. I am fairly new here and I just worried she will run out of it and her supply will be snapped up by all you old timers. So it was the JM or the other one and I chose JM. If I don't get in on the Carekate one I might try SA's KGF.

Must tell you I bought the SAS KGF for brows and used it on my lashes. I have laid off on it since I was only applying it in the AM, and doing RL in the PM. My eyes got really red, and I was not sure where the irritation was from, but I decided to stop KGF first. I think PM application is key b/c your body makes new cells while sleeping. I have since kept it in the fridge. I may use KGF on my brows so not to waste it. So let me know if KGF works on your lashes if you tried it. Hannah said it works, but it might be only for brows.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
have you seen any change with the RL in the PM?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Must tell you I bought the SAS KGF for brows and used it on my lashes....My eyes got really red, and I was not sure where the irritation was from, but I decided to stop KGF first.
It was probably the saline solution of their KGF Brow stuff -- it's tricky using saline that close to your eyeballs because it really can sting...I mean, think about how irritating it is getting saltwater in your eyes when you're at the beach!

5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
hmmmm. i just noticed the tube of jm i bought in february '07 does not say 'conditioner' on it. i'm wondering what i have. i bought it on the healthy skin by design w/s. interesting. it's not working anyway. but since i paid so much for it, i'll use it til it's gone!
saladgirl
5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I have a new formula tube (exp 1/09) and it does not say "conditioner" on it...just Age Intervention Eyelash. I'm pretty sure the box had the word "conditioner". I guess you can tell whether you have the old or new by checking the expiration date...maybe anything in 08 is old and 09 is new? Also the new tube has a black applicator.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |