Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The new Jan Marini eyelash intervention-calling virgin users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wahine220
5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
i'm at work so i can't check the expiration date, but the applicator is not black. the wand is black, but the actual bristles are an off-white color.
saladgirl
5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Sorry...it is the wand that is black on the new tubes. The old formula comes with a white wand.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I want to have a try!
thatamiya

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using JM for 4 weeks now, and no perceivable difference in my lashes. I don't have any of the negative side effects, either. Every day, I hope for change!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
My side effects kind of went away but not sure if I have seen much growth. If any only the tiniest bit and not worth the price so far. I have seen a few tiny hairs in parts of my lids that I have had to pluck too - like where you put liner. It has been about 1 month now that I have been using it.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I am still faithfully using this since early February and I can't say that I've seen any improvement. I did have lash extensions previously and I'm sure that my lashes are still in recovery mode.

Anyway, I was just looking at JMAIE on the JM website and saw the following disclaimer

* Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner is not intended to stop, prevent, cure, relieve, reverse or reduce eyelash loss or to promote the growth of eyelashes.

Was this always there or is it new, b/c I thought that the whole idea was to grow longer lashes? (Hmmm ... maybe I was mistaken, but I kind of thought that was the whole point Confused )

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting they say this. So maybe it is just supposed to be a conditioner? I have been using for a month and all I think I see now is perhaps softer lashes and a darker upper lid near the lash line. That is kind of nice and looks a bit like shadow there. Can't say I have seen any growth worth a darn either though. I think they say this just to protect themselves in case someone says it is not working to grow and their lashes are falling out!
wahine220
5% products discount

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
i've been using the jmaie for exactly 8 weeks. although my eyelashes are different now, i wouldn't say they are longer or thicker...just different. they're kind of growing all different directions and are different lengths. i am committed to using this product for at least 3 months, so i'll keep you all posted!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
well, I just had a call from my sister.I gave her a tube of the NEW JM last month.She told me she is definitely getting longer lashes on both the top and bottom...it does take a little while though and you have to use it every night so hang in there any of you new users...the new formula does work.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the new jm for about 3 weeks and have seen definite improvement in my lashes. They are much longer and thicker. Prior to jm, but lashes were short, stubby and sparse--no matter what mascara I tried. Now they look good with mascara.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I am seeing longer now but not so much thicker. I think there are more hairs out of the same follicle as someone said in a post before. Also the ones at my outer corners are actually getting too long compared to the rest. Might need to trim them.
Pooh Bear
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it for 2 months now and don't see any difference. Well, I find that my eyelashes are softer and easier to curl, that's all! I think it's just a "conditioner", way too expensive for just a conditioner. Crying or Very sad
Gemstar
5% products discount

Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Greetings from Australia everyone! Razz

After debating for ages, I finally decided to give JM a go. I've used Talika, Ardell and Zino before and they didn't really give me dramatic results (darn straight short asian lashes Embarassed ) lol...so fingers crossed that the JM will work (paid AUD$225 for it)! Think I might order off Ebay or somewhere else next time.

I was watching our local shopping network which sells it too and they said results can be different with everyone, some get more length and some sees more volume so depends on the individual.

I'm gonna take before and after pics and will report back in a few weeks time, wish me luck ladies! Very Happy
wahine220
5% products discount

Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I had great results with JM after about 3 months. Now at almost 6 months, my lashes are at where I started. I also have short, Asian lashes. The beautiful, long lashes I achieved, were for a short time. Crying or Very sad
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
wahine220 wrote:
I had great results with JM after about 3 months. Now at almost 6 months, my lashes are at where I started. I also have short, Asian lashes. The beautiful, long lashes I achieved, were for a short time. Crying or Very sad

FYI to all JM/RL users:

When using one of the “super-charged” lash growth serums like JM or RevitaLash, the new lashes that sprout are “born” more or less at the exact same time so when it comes time for those new lashes to shed as part of their natural cycle, they usually shed within a couple days of each other because they’re all growing at the exact same time/speed.

Because I have been using lash growth serums for almost 18 months now (JMAIE for 7-8 months and then my own homemade formula exclusively), my lashes are now all synchronized so that I go thru a shedding period about every 90 days. If you go back and read through the older reviews of JM or RevitaLash, you'll see that other members reported the same thing (shedding most of their lashes about every 90 days) so it's not something unique that I have experienced.

Unfortuately, this is the trade off with getting long, lush lashes and finally "synchronizing" their growth cycle so they're all growing and shedding at the same time. Because of this synchronization, it is a lot more noticeable when you are in a shed-cycle because all of the lashes are going to shed more or less at the same time.

Once your new lashes start sprouting and their growth cycles become more-or-less synchronized, you will experience a “down period” approximately every 90 days when the current lashes shed and their replacement lashes grow in. This is the price you pay when you use a super-charged lash growth serum like JM or RL, but I personally think the trade-off is worth it because the rest of the time one’s lashes look fabulous!!

When your lashes are experiencing this "down" period, I think it's important to continue using your lash growth serum because that will make the new replacement lashes grow in that much more quickly. If you stop, then your lashes are going to revert to the slow growth cycle that they experienced prior to beginning a lash growth therapy.

The point I'm trying to make is: keeping using your JM because your lashes WILL bounce back and be as they were at your 3-month mark.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
yes I have experienced that too,I had great lashes for a couple months then they kinda shed a little and now I am on the comeback trail again...I never stopped using JM.My tube has last me since last nov. 2006!I also started using carekates formula too; 2 formulas are better than one .
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Carekate, Thanks for the super informative post. My question is: After you shed these lashes how long do you have to wait for the new ones to grow in (to look good again)? I've been using RL for about 3 weeks and want to know what to expect. Thank you!
wahine220
5% products discount

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
carekate, thanks for the reply. some of the old threads are kinda long and i haven't read them all. it's good to know that this is a 'shedding' phase. i have to say, when my lashes reached their peak, they looked amazing. i'll hang in there and just continue with the jm. Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
My question is: After you shed these lashes how long do you have to wait for the new ones to grow in (to look good again)?
Assuming that there is no disruption in the nutrient-supply for the lashes (i.e.: you haven't stopped using the growth serum), then it takes anywhere from 1-2 weeks for the old lashes to be shed and the new lashes to completely grow in depending upon one's own personal chemistry. Mine grow back in about 7 days, but I know some others have said it's more like 12-17 days for them (incidentally, the hair on my head grows extremely fast, too, so this could be why my "recovery" time is shorter than others).

When I'm in a shed-cycle, I monitor the new growth closely by checking my lashes in a 10x magnifying mirror each day. I've noticed that as soon as the old lashes are shed (remember, these serums make 2-3 lash hairs sprout from a single follicle), I can see the "nub" of the new lashlings immediately as the new hairs break through my lashline, and then it takes about 7 days for the lashlings to reach full maturity.

Of course, when I'm in a shed cycle, if I feel my lashes are looking particularly puny, then I'll just break-down and wear mascara for a few days until I've got my fan-like lashes back again!

As I said, this synchronized shed cycle is the price you've got to pay if you want amazing lashes for 75-80 days out of every 90 days so you have to decide if that's right for you or if you want to keep your lashes on their "natural" growth cycle.

I think of it sorta like those taking those birth control pills that only make you have a period a few times a year, versus having a menstrual cycle every single month: would you rather have the convenience and freedom of the former or be hampered by having the crimson-tide roll in every 28 days?!

Okay, so lashes and reproductive systems aren't quite analguous, but hopefully you get the point I'm trying to make: you just have to decide whether au naturel lashes or super-charged lashes is best for you....

5% products discount

Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the informative posts Carekate, very interesting indeed! At least now I've got the understanding about the "synchronizing cycle" so won't be too freaked out when I reach that stage.
I just received my JM and have started using for a couple of days, really looking forward to seeing results.

wahine220 wrote:

Are you still continuing with the JM Wahine?
mjlover
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
wow - i didnt realise there was so much JM bashing.

I have had NO probs with the new formula. Ive used it for 3 months now (its taken me this long to see results) but my lashes are great. Really great! Ive had NO stinging, redness anything (and i do sometimes use a lil too much).

I just think that its the kind of product that could work for some and not others. I dont think people should get hysterical and try and get it 'banned' all over the world. I mean, i bought some chanel skincare and it really broke me out but i just stopped using it and chalked it up to experience.
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:41 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the new formula for 5 weeks. Before that I used ardell and talika with no results. I am actually seeing results from JM. My lashes are longer in but not thicker. And the other benefit - no irritation to my eyes like some others have described.
ginderella
5% products discount

Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I started 4 months ago and began to see results in 6 weeks. Now at 4 months my lashes look like they are fake when I use mascara. I love it.It does burn a little when I overzealously use too much and it gets in my eyes. Otherwise no irritation.

I use cover girl professional mascara in the medium-blue color wand. If you get the non- waterproof.It comes off very easily and doesn't flake. It's also cheap enough to purchase often so it's always fresh. Say every 2 months or so.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Revitalash every night since March and my lashes are amazing. I get so many compliments. I was just wondering if I should still be using it every night or could I skip some now? Scared of losing my lashes!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
amber23 wrote:
I have been using Revitalash every night since March and my lashes are amazing. I get so many compliments. I was just wondering if I should still be using it every night or could I skip some now? Scared of losing my lashes!
You can safely cut back and use it every other night or every 3rd night. HOWEVER, when you enter your synchronized "shed cycle" (you'll know when it happens b/c you'll suddenly be losing A LOT of lashes within a short period of time) I would begin using it every night again until the new lashes have finished growing in (1-2 weeks) and then you can cut back to every other night again.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |