Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Jan Marini Eyelash Growth Factor Ingredients...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sbparadis
5% products discount

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi y'all- new user here.

I've been using RL for 10 weeks- started to see good results with length last week- no problems at all- and I've been using it pretty heavily- will cut back now after reading that more is not better so as to save product.

I'm a baby boomer- I've been pumped full of "questionable" ingredients all my life- pesticides, antibiotics, growth hormones, saccharine, aspertame, red dye #2, teflon, direct sunlight, tar 'n' nicotene, paraquat, whatever. The FDA has not protected me too much so far. In my maturity, I'm much more aware of all this and am living as healthily as possible while maintaining a relatively normal life.

For now I'm going to keep using and experimenting with eyelash serums.

That being said- as I write this there is a Tammy Faye Baker bio on the WE channel- oh, the irony!!!!!

I'm thinkin' ol' Tammy Faye would have eaten a prostoglandin sandwich if she could have gotten her hands on one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
welcome to the madhouse we love & call a forum. Sounds like you'll fit right in Cool
sbparadis
5% products discount

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Marina- this is great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hello and welcome, sbparadis wave

You just gotta watch out for the recurring incidences of Sacred Cow Syndrome in Cyberspace. They are the most fun. Laughing Bad Grin Laughing

Now do you have a recipe for Tammy Baker's prostoglandin sandwich, please? I've just been strong-armed into making sandwiches for a children's birthday party and I am all out of ideas .....
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
So well said Sbparadis and so funny!! It's a wonder we've made it this far. Thank God for the body's immune system.

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
...We all pick our own poison;I like JM and botox, I know there may be consequences I dont care, I want the freedom to be able to purchase it without govt interference.

Lucyluc, this "snobby idiot" is happy that you've found a product that works for you. This isn't true for most of the people that have contacted us about it.

Just be careful using a drug as a cosmetic. According to article in American Family Physicians (check Google) there are a number of serious, potential side effects from using the drug including decreased heart rate/cardiac output; bronchospasm; hypotension; depression; decreased libido; impotence; worsened lipid profile; and decreased stress response to hypoglycemia, surgery or anaphylaxis.

I'm not sure everyone would say they don't care about those consequences.

So sorry if we've ever offended you. We just look for research beyond people's personal experience to base our conclusions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
the beauty brains are a bunch of snobby idiots that dont believe anything except of course that they are all geniuses.

I don't really like to sling around names, but the general gist of what you're saying remains true. They said at the end of their article on JM that NOTHING cosmetic will make your hair grow. HELLLOOOOOO? How the heck do they explain the HUGE results we got with it then? My lashes have more than tripled in length, and I've taken measurements, etc.

For being BRAINS, they sure haven't done their research! Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
When somebody actually refers to themself as a "brain" or gratuitously offers you credentials or professional designations or affiliations you didn't ask them for, watch out for a person who has trouble conversing intelligently when they think that is exactly what they are doing.
ksj2

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Okay.... so I am totally new to this and this is my first post here. But I've been following all of your useful info on JM eyelash int. I have the new one and have been using it for 4 weeks. I maybe see a slight improvement (but I also applied 1000 hour tint so that may skew my perception)... but I definitely have noticed that my eyelashes are not falling out nearly as frequently as before. Anyone else have results or not with the new JM?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I called lovelyskin.com today and asked them if anyone had called in reference to their results from the new product and she said no.She told me the owners was a personal friend of JM and JM had told him it was a labeling issue with the FDA and also they have made the formula less harsh on your eyes(sometimes it can make them red) but it still has the same ingredient in it that gives you great lashes.
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Just not as much of it, perhaps?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I hope thats not true, either you can use it or not, why would it be diluted,just to have thousands of angry women?If the product doesnt work her whole company and reputation will be damaged.
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
One possible scenario: huge demand still exists for the product, but under threat of more trouble from the FDA, JM cannot continue to sell it in its previous strength -- but recognizes that a long period of sales will continue... until the greater part of the market for her product really dies out, due to women really becoming staisfied that it is truly no longer working for them as it previously had.

If JM was willing to slightly mislead the masses before, I don't know how concerned that company is going to be about hordes of frustrated and dissatisfied women. I doubnt that there was even proportionally significant overlap between lash-intervention consumers and loyal consumers of her other lash-unrelated products.
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Man, this thread is getting all X-Files on us!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking today, that if the FDA was making JM change the formula because their use of a product or drug, wouldn't they have had a recall of the original product?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |