Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best tea tree oil to buy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to be of any nuisance, but I am trying to look for a great brand of tea tree oil that I can buy online. I want something cost effective, since the one I buy right now is from the body shop and it's 7.50 for a tiny bottle, and it's a bit too much and runs out fast.

Are there any better alternatives?

Thank you in advance, I'll be sure to give thank you notes to anyone who may help me, since I am trigger friendly in buying (as I'm almost out of mine). Very Happy
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I dont know whereabouts you live.. so I cant reccomend a particular brand. But one thing I'm very clear on!

Buy ORGANIC tea tree oil! It's far superior, much more potent.
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have not compared for quality, but the NOW company available in most healthfood stores is really affordable in most anything they carry.

There is also a really big company based in Australia, but I forget their name.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Alibabka, are you thinking of Desert Essence? It's pretty widely available; I can get their organic tea tree oil at either my local market or at drugstore.com
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I dont know whereabouts you live.. so I cant reccomend a particular brand. But one thing I'm very clear on!

I second this suggestion. With the rise in popularity of tea tree oil in the past few years, sadly more and more oils of poor quality have come on the market. In my opinion, it makes more sense to buy a better quality oil which may be a bit more expensive than a cheap and crappy one that is bad for your skin. Let us know where you live and I'm sure someone can recommend a good local line.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I think I am thinking of the one that also had or has a deodorant in two scents, one called "Sport". I think it was them. I think maybe the word "plantation" is in their name?

I am in a fog, sorry!!

I am not sure if the NOW company's oil is organic.

Thank you for that info, catski.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wildflower gives good advice here, i would definitely buy from a reputable source.

I recommend Garden of Wisdom's :

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4015757/3786978.htm

shipping will be reasonable for just the one bottle via first class shipping.

HTH, Kristen

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Great tip! I need to double check if it is truely organic, since I am not sure if the one I have now is.

I live in Houston, Texas.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
catski wrote:

I second this suggestion. With the rise in popularity of tea tree oil in the past few years, sadly more and more oils of poor quality have come on the market. In my opinion, it makes more sense to buy a better quality oil which may be a bit more expensive than a cheap and crappy one that is bad for your skin. Let us know where you live and I'm sure someone can recommend a good local line.

Thank you wildflower! I'm in Houston, Texas, so I can attain most of the big brands. Is there any in particular that you recommend? Price isn't too much of an option, I want quality and will pay for it, as long as it's cost effective in relation Smile Let me know! Thanks Very Happy
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Wildflower gives good advice here, i would definitely buy from a reputable source.

HTH, Kristen

Wow that is amazing! The price and size. Have you ordered from that website before, and how is it overall?
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

HTH, Kristen

I just bought some Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi xxndnromeoxx,

I have ordered from Garden of Wisdom three times in the last month and a half.... Laughing

I am so addicted to their finished products and i love the prices for DIY materials too. I haven't bought any EOs there yet but have gotten 3 carrier oils and all of them have been top quality.

Markey, the owner has a forum that i visit often and feel like I have gotten to know her very well. she is such an honest, pleasant person and will answer any questions you have. I really hope you like the tea tree oil, do keep us updated.

Cheers, Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
xxndnromeoxx wrote:
Thank you wildflower! I'm in Houston, Texas, so I can attain most of the big brands. Is there any in particular that you recommend? Price isn't too much of an option, I want quality and will pay for it, as long as it's cost effective in relation Smile Let me know! Thanks Very Happy

There is a great distributor in Toronto that ships to the US. It is a small home based business so the prices are very reasonable and the quality is great. www.acqua-vita.com. I also like the Primavera Line but it is very pricey due to the fancy packaging and such. You can purchase it from www.saffronrouge.com. I believe an online store in the US called Kathlina sells Primavera as well, and from what I read here on EDS the prices are better than Saffron Rouge. There are many great suppliers in the US that sell organic oils so you shouldn't have too much trouble. www.mountainroseherbs.com also has a good collection of organic and wildcrafted oils.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is definately Desert Essence, you can find it at most drugstores if they have a organic and natural section.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) glotherapeutics Barrier Balm (50 ml / 1.7 oz)